Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 5.0 and Nexus announcement thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I've the developer preview and nothing yet.

Since its a dev preview would you not have to flash the image manually anyway ? To get the OTA wouldn't you have to flash back to kit kat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I rooted my N7 (2013), but then unrooted using the option in the superuser app. It still has the unlocked symbol on the start up screen. Does this mean that I can't get the ota to android 5 when it rolls out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭corkie

I rooted my N7 (2013), but then unrooted using the option in the superuser app. It still has the unlocked symbol on the start up screen. Does this mean that I can't get the ota to android 5 when it rolls out?

That unlock symbol is for the bootloader.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

You should be fine along as you have a stock rom and stock recovery.

beno619 wrote: »
    You should be fine along as you have a stock rom and stock recovery.

Yeah, it's all stock as far as I can see. I never put a custom rom onto it, I just wanted to root it so that I could do screen recording. I tried booting it into recovery and I get a little android robot with the words "no command" underneath it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭irishgeo

looking at twitter it appears to be bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishgeo wrote: »
    looking at twitter it appears to be bull****

This looks a bit more reliable, I think the factory images will be here in a few hours :

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/03/google-pushing-android-5-0-lollipop-source-code-aosp-right-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Any news on when Nexus 5 users will get Android 5? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

JTMan wrote: »
    Any news on when Nexus 5 users will get Android 5? Thanks.

Don't worry, when there's news it'll be everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Don't worry, when there's news it'll be everywhere
    The OTA is not due out for a couple of weeks.. Confirmed by Googlenexus on Twitter .. Don't think there will be no rollout until the the nexus 6 is released

• Advertisement

ftm2008 wrote: »
    The OTA is not due out for a couple of weeks.. Confirmed by Googlenexus on Twitter .. Don't think there will be no rollout until the the nexus 6 is released

12th is what's being said, they got delayed for some outstanding bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone download the new 5.0 calender apk? Was looking forward to it but had a go and its not as great as I hoped.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone download the new 5.0 calender apk? Was looking forward to it but had a go and its not as great as I hoped.

I think it's grand. I used aCalendar for years, but the design of it got a bit bland, and the stock one in my M7 is fine but I preferred the Google one. With this update, I think it looks great, and the functionality that I like is still there.

There are a couple of things that I'm not fond of with it though:

1. You can't (or I can't anyway) pinch to zoom in the 5-day view like you could in the old "week view". This means that the text for the events looks cut-off and illegible if you have a fair bit going on. I expect they'll have complaints and will fix this. It's more readable in landscape, but none of the other views work in landscape, so you have to twist the phone back around if you go to day view.

2. I use the abbreviation "TBC" when the venue for an event is to be confirmed (I'm not mental in thinking this is okay, am I?), but the map that now comes up for all those meetings is for Tuba City Airport. Kinda funny, hardly a glitch, but a little annoying! I guess I'll just have to tie-down where my meetings will take place a bit better from now on.

Other than that, I can't see myself using any other calendar app for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Just got an Google Inbox update pushed to my Nexus 5 with what's new of " Support for new Android Lollipop" features. I predict I shall be sucking on it the lollipop itself by the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭droidman123

For those with nexus 5,7, and/or 10.there will be a delay on the lollipop roll out.

http://www.techgreatest.com/featured/android-lollipop-update-delayed-for-nexus-5-nexus-7-10/#readsoruce_bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

For those with nexus 5,7, and/or 10.there will be a delay on the lollipop roll out.

http://www.techgreatest.com/featured/android-lollipop-update-delayed-for-nexus-5-nexus-7-10/#readsoruce_bottom

I won't be taking my news from a site that can barely spell let alone string a sentence together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

projectgtr wrote: »
    I won't be taking my news from a site that can barely spell let alone string a sentence together :D

My thoughts exactly, although I'd be grateful if Google just came out and confirmed/denied a delay and a November 12th release, would be a whole lot more appreciated than their official statement of "in the coming weeks".

Edit: Story published in English here: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/android-50-lollipop/22823/android-lollipop-update-delayed-nexus-5-nexus-7-10

projectgtr wrote: »

Fair enough,the spelling might be a bit better on this site,but the message is the same.
    http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/android-50-lollipop-ota-updates-reportedly-delayed-till-november-12-616722?site=classic

Fair enough,the spelling might be a bit better on this site,but the message is the same.
    http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/android-50-lollipop-ota-updates-reportedly-delayed-till-november-12-616722?site=classic

No reputable site has denied or confirmed anything, its all up in the air and nobody has the facts.

beno619 wrote: »
    No reputable site has denied or confirmed anything, its all up in the air and nobody has the facts.

It is on a lot of different sites, but the story came from the same source on them all,don't know what credence this guy has though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Flashed back to stock on my N7, heres hoping it can handle it when L is rolled out OTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone got the OTA update yet on Nexus 7 2013?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone got the OTA update yet on Nexus 7 2013?

Nobody's got the update on any device

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Motorola rolled out a soak test for a few Moto X 2014 Pure Edition owners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Running the developer build and apps can so much now... Annoying me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Any word on if it will be released tomorrow to Nexus devices? Or was the 12th just a random date thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Any word on if it will be released tomorrow to Nexus devices? Or was the 12th just a random date thrown out?

At this point, I'm thinking it was just random. That said, the day isn't over yet. No change yet on my Nexus 5 or 7, and Google's Nexus twitter account is sticking to their "in the coming weeks" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Irlandczyk wrote: »
    At this point, I'm thinking it was just random. That said, the day isn't over yet. No change yet on my Nexus 5 or 7, and Google's Nexus twitter account is sticking to their "in the coming weeks" line.

Don't get why they aren't just setting a date for it's release. Ran into a lot of bugs perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

On one of for android sites there was a apk posted for 5.0 for nexus 7 last night /early this morning

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    On one of for android sites there was a apk posted for 5.0 for nexus 7 last night /early this morning

Yeah, saw that. Link below. It's for 2012 model, though, so no good for me.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/11/leak-download-lollipop-lrx21p-factory-image-for-2012-nexus-7-wifi/

Advertisement