Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coming soon cars: new models for 2014/2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fmcg_scribe

The Aston Martin grille does nothing for me either, looks dated already.

Yes, I'm surprised that Aston-Martin didn't complain when Ford started using that grille design.

The rear taillights of the outgoing Jag XF and of the new and previous Mondeo look a bit "Astonish".

The designs of, say, the current Vauxhall and VW model ranges are easier on the eye than the Ford model range.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I was in the USA for a few months late last year and I must say that the new Fusion (Mondeo here) is a lovely looking car. It is at least as big as the outgoing Mondeo, but it looks much tidier.

I did not take any notice of the interior of them, so cannot comment on that.

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But some contributors seem totally blinded by prejudice - or maybe trying to flog other brands. If Skoda brought out the new Mondeo, many contributors here would be ecstatic.

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I was in the USA for a few months late last year and I must say that the new Fusion (Mondeo here) is a lovely looking car. It is at least as big as the outgoing Mondeo, but it looks much tidier.

I did not take any notice of the interior of them, so cannot comment on that.

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But some contributors seem totally blinded by prejudice - or maybe trying to flog other brands. If Skoda brought out the new Mondeo, many contributors here would be ecstatic.

In the current issue of Autocar, there is a snippet about Ford deciding to keep the Mondeo because the model name still has a lot of brand "equity" (classic marketing term) in Europe - apparently, switching to the "Fusion" name in Europe was not considered.

So, no Marathon/Snickers, Jif/Cif style name change for the Mondeo, for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Wouldn't that cause confusion in Europe, calling the mondeo a fusion?
    Didn't we already have a ford fusion, as a larger version of the fiesta (kindof a yaris verso model)?

Wouldn't that cause confusion in Europe, calling the mondeo a fusion?
    Didn't we already have a ford fusion, as a larger version of the fiesta (kindof a yaris verso model)?

You are correct. There was a (Fiesta) Fusion in Europe:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_(Europe)

• Advertisement
Advertisement