Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ScrewFix Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Thx. Was trying to pay by paypal and now payment is pending(total was 4,93-so nothing to pay) - we will see how it will be:)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi, The code "IRELAND5" is not working for me anyone knows why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi, The code "IRELAND5" is not working for me anyone knows why?

Not working for me either, option is there to apply but doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Not working here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry to hear! Two of the orders my family put through today have already shipped, so they were defo honouring the combination of both codes earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I wonder will the accept any complain about it.If I got the code via email.

devil-80 wrote: »
    I wonder will the accept any complain about it.If I got the code via email.

Well it does say, "can't be used in conjunction with any other offer" so that's a get out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I have a leaflet that I think was in one of the daily papers

There is a code on the front for €15 off when you spend €80.
    Valid until Sunday 8th November
    Code: IENOVEMBERA
    There is also a note on the back page stating free delivery when you spend over €60

I haven't used, so can't verify if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

drill bit ordered for 4.99, voucher for 5€, free delivery, 0€ charged thank you very much... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

epopnomis wrote: »
    drill bit ordered for 4.99, voucher for 5€, free delivery, 0€ charged thank you very much... :)

your screwing them doing things like that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

they can afford an odd drill bit here and there... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

How do he get free deliver? Ireland5 working for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My two free boxes arrived today, two separate orders below a fiver each...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I ordered first time and only got free dilevery said I could not get the fiver off😣 what's the work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

New code for €15 off when you spend €80.
    Valid until Sunday 29th November
    Code: IEWINTERA

When I saw the 15e off code I said I'd bite the bullet and get a Hitachi drill I had looked at over the weekend for 114e. Guess what? It was 129e tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

howd you manage that delivery is 9 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I think delivery was free at the time or their was a code also for free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

Just so you know, if, like me, you place regular orders with Screwfix and you've already used the IEWINTERA code to get €15 off any order over €80, you won't be able to use it again before the end of November.

You will however, be able to use the code IEWINTERB which will give you the exact same thing. - I just chanced it and it worked.

Maybe it'll save one or two of ye a few quid...

Peace & love,

John C.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

just wanted to say i bought the orignal deal of the hiatachi drill when they launched here ,
    i broke after nearly a years use , they paid returns postage , which im told by post office lady would have cost 34 euro and they gave me a full refund .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Any discount codes anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is it still 10% off first order?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

10 euro off when you spend 80 euro or over, code on checkout : IEDEALS3

Valid until March 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Looking for a hammer drill for hanging pics and odd jobs around the house. Any recommended from here. I'm not sure what would be considered value. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

knipper wrote: »
    Looking for a hammer drill for hanging pics and odd jobs around the house. Any recommended from here. I'm not sure what would be considered value. Thanks a mill

Have a look at the Argos.ie website as well. A drill for home use and handyman jobs around the house need not cost the earth. €50 to €70 should suffice. And there's a nice one in Aldi next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Might be some of the €55 ones left in Aldi. It's Lidl that are getting them in next week and that one is €60. Very little info on Lidl ad about it but the Aldi one has quick charge (1hr).

Keith186 wrote: »
    Might be some of the €55 ones left in Aldi. It's Lidl that are getting them in next week and that one is €60. Very little info on Lidl ad about it but the Aldi one has quick charge (1hr).

The problem with the Aldi/Lidl drills is they come with only one battery. This may not be a worry for some jobs but it can be a major PITA if your battery dies halfway through a job and you have to wait an hour before you can use it again. Screwfix have decent enough LI-Ion drills starting at €113, which come with two batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Have a look at the Argos.ie website as well. A drill for home use and handyman jobs around the house need not cost the earth. €50 to €70 should suffice. And there's a nice one in Aldi next Thursday.

If you're looking for a hammer drill I assume you have solid walls in your house. I've tried a few different drills and settled on a makita with a 3amp battery (u can get 4/5amp now). 1.5amp ones dust didn't have any power to get through the brick and all the cheaper ones seem to be like this. I have that for small quick jobs and a Bosch SDS hammer drill for bigger jobs. Every wall in my house is brick.. pain in the arse for hanging pics!

unklerosco wrote: »
    If you're looking for a hammer drill I assume you have solid walls in your house. I've tried a few different drills and settled on a makita with a 3amp battery (u can get 4/5amp now). 1.5amp ones dust didn't have any power to get through the brick and all the cheaper ones seem to be like this. I have that for small quick jobs and a Bosch SDS hammer drill for bigger jobs. Every wall in my house is brick.. pain in the arse for hanging pics!

I don't think you can judge how a drill will perform by the AH. AH is not a measure of power, it's a measure of how long a battery will last if drawing a set amount of current. Theoretically a 1.5A drill could be more powerful than a 3A one depending on build, gearing, circuitry etc. Makita are well built tools, it's quite possible that a Makita drill with a 1.5AH battery would outperform a cheaper brand with a 3AH battery.Torque and speed are probably better measures of performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I got this one in argos back when it was €70. Great for drilling concrete block walls. Not as powerful as a mains drill but perfect for putting up pictures.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3390487/Trail/searchtext%3EWORX+DRILL+.htm

Advertisement