Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ScrewFix Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

AlanG wrote: »
    Any idea how the argos drill is for quality?

Seems decent from this review

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AlanG wrote: »
    Any idea how the argos drill is for quality?

It's basically a De Walt rebranded,the same company owns both,I did a bit of research before I bought mine.It's got 2 LiOn batteries aswell which is handy.The chuck is metal which makes it nice and sturdy compared to the majority of others which are plastic.

I know a good few chippies who are using them (due to the price compared to other brands) and are delighted with them.

Use MARCH10 for €10 off a spend of €75 or over.Expires the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 corkpacman

zerks wrote: »
    Use MARCH10 for €10 off a spend of €75 or over.Expires the 31st.

Thanks, didn't get this one this time for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭philboy

Going to buy that hitachi drill tomorrow. I was searching for a discount code and came across this one - €15 off any order over €75 - expires this Friday 10th.

Code: VCLOUD15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All,

Looking around at the moment for a drill myself and looking for some advice. Great deal going on the hitachi one above. Have a blackanddecker at the moment but I don't think it's lithium ion as any time I go to use it I have to charge it up.

I'm just wondering in general what is the best brand for an average DIYer, I kind of want to stick to one brand going forward now for batteries etc. start as I mean to go on etc.

// Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking around at the moment for a drill myself and looking for some advice. Great deal going on the hitachi one above. Have a blackanddecker at the moment but I don't think it's lithium ion as any time I go to use it I have to charge it up.

I'm just wondering in general what is the best brand for an average DIYer, I kind of want to stick to one brand going forward now for batteries etc. start as I mean to go on etc.

// Gary

Same question applies to me. Looking for a new drill but often seem to be drilling into brick or block so hammer action would be important (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All,

// Gary

Do you really need cordless? It's hard to get the best out of rechargeable batteries when they have extended periods of non use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Do you really need cordless? It's hard to get the best out of rechargeable batteries when they have extended periods of non use.

I would need a cordless all right I'd say, mightn't have to be the best on the market though?

75% of my diy is spur of the moment stuff up the garden or messing around outside.

What's the idea with SDS, should you look for your cordless to have this too? Or am I over complicating things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

SDS is a much more efficient system where you get maximum force for the least physical movement.
    I've never seen SDS cordless in a DIY range, not to say they don't exist, professional models are quite expensive, >600 euro.
    I would say go with the De Walt hammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kanoute696

Hi All, just wondering if there are any codes for April flying around.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

alias no.9 wrote: »

Not with Li-Ion batteries. They are supposed to hold their charge for up to a year. Also no memory effect.

kanoute696 wrote: »
    Hi All, just wondering if there are any codes for April flying around.. Thanks

MOWER15 for €15 off lawn mowers - thats as good as i can find at the moment!!

late i know but 20% off their own brand erbauer power tools until midnight

Use code MAY10 for €10 off purchases over €75,valid until Midnight Monday.

Use code SPRING15 for €15 off an order over €80.

Ends midnight Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

Anyone got a current discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Anyone got a current discount?

if you hover around the website for a bit, you'l usually get an offer of 10 per cent discounted for providing your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

IESUMMER2B gets you €10 off when you spend €50; valid until August 16 on the .ie site.

Got this on a flyer in my letterbox

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

Thanks for the help, saved me a few quid, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

Hi all,

I wanted to pick up a few things from Screwfix Ireland - just wondering if anyone has a current discount code? I've tried all the ones mentioned above but unfortunately they've expired.

Thanks for the help!

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Hi all,

I wanted to pick up a few things from Screwfix Ireland - just wondering if anyone has a current discount code? I've tried all the ones mentioned above but unfortunately they've expired.

Thanks for the help!

John.

Hopefully you havent ordered yet, just got email this am.

Oct15 will give you 15 euro off an 80 euro+ spend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I could hava used this just a week ago:mad: Brochure came in the door today, says voucher expires midnight Sunday October 18th. Code IEAUTUMNC €15 off €80 spend and free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Offering free delivery until midnight tonight got an email an hour ago.

Saves 8.95 so handy if you only need something small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok now it'll probably be cancelled, but I chanced my arm as have never used the site before and got a code for a fiver off your first order. It let me use this and gave the free postage, so I ordered something that cost just under a fiver for free! Worth a punt for the two minutes it'll take you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

g0g wrote:
    Ok now it'll probably be cancelled, but I chanced my arm as have never used the site before and got a code for a fiver off your first order. It let me use this and gave the free postage, so I ordered something that cost just under a fiver for free! Worth a punt for the two minutes it'll take you!

Where do you get the fiver off code thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Go on to the website look at a few things,try to leave the site it usually pops up saying get your code for first time buyer.

Dard23 wrote: »
    Where do you get the fiver off code thanks?

For me it was an add towards bottom right on the homepage when I clicked through the link from the very first post in this thread.

Fourth box across on the bottom via this link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

How long does it take to get that code?

• Advertisement

loki7777 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get that code?
    It's "IRELAND5"

Advertisement