Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It really did suck being an 80s/90s kid didn't it?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Chunners wrote: »
    The 80's and 90's were great, the cartoons were awesome and relied on an actual storyline instead of what you get now a days being nothing more than extended adverts to sell crap.

As much as I loved the 80s and 90s, you do realize absolutely every cartoon we watched as children was partially marketing for a toy line?

Thankfully the toys were great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Chunners wrote: »
    The 80's and 90's were great, the cartoons were awesome and relied on an actual storyline instead of what you get now a days being nothing more than extended adverts to sell crap. People went to nightclubs to dance instead of to get rat-arsed and off their tits. Being Transsexual was a lot easier too, it was perfectly acceptable for men to wear make up and you could dress as androgynous as you liked and no one batted and eyelid, it was just assumed it was because of the type of music that you like. I feel sorry for young transsexuals now a days because the nearest they have to something like that is to opt for the goth look **shudders**. Bullying ended in the schoolyard, it didn't follow your kids home and invade their private lives too and it would be very rare to hear a story of a kid committing suicide over it because schools and parents had more power to do something about it. People respected people like Teachers, Garda, firemen and ambulance drivers unlike now a days where driving into an estate (especially around Halloween) is pretty much taking your life into your own hands.

What the eff are you talking about? I think grandad forgot to take his pills this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

What the eff are you talknig about? I think grandad forgot to take his pills this morning

listen to your elders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

What the eff are you talknig about? I think grandad forgot to take his pills this morning

Oh sorry, yeah lets say how great it is now a days, we have major drugs problems, a shooting or stabbing at least once a week, mass consumerism, kids committing suicide over things said on facebook, childhood obesity, **** mind numbing music, every dip****e on the planet going to any length to get 1 million views on youtube yeah fu*k you 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Rap/hip hop
    Acid house/rave/madchester
    Grunge
    Brit pop
    and all their offshoots

the ten years between 1985-1995 will be stated in the history books as the high watermark of human musical endeavour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rap/hip hop
    Acid house/rave
    /madchester
    Grunge
    Brit pop
    and all their offshoots

the ten years between 1985-1995 will be stated in the history books as the high watermark of human musical endeavour

Well there had to be some bad points I suppose couldn't all be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I thinks it was better in the 80s to be kids, seemed a lot more innocent, better cartoons and TV, better music, more outdoors, less mollycoddling, less sexualisation of kids etc. Kids today seem a lot more streetwise and older for their age.

Advertisement