Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How tall is too tall?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

They are all the same height lying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

lukesmom wrote: »
    I just think it looks strange. I know a guy he's about 5 foot 7 and his gf is at least 6 foot and it just looks wrong to me. Fair play to them and all but I couldn't do it.
    Maybe it's my shortness speaking here but isn't that a bit of a trivial thing to be worrying about? I think you might be making a bigger thing out of it than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

My friend is 6ft 4 and she wears heels, it's not something you can really control you know

Is she single?

I love tall women. I'm 6'3" and I would love to meet a woman who's a similar height to me even if she is a little taller in heels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife is 6 inches taller than me at 6'2.
    I look up to her all the time :)
    Our kids are tall as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Just wondering how tall is too tall for a woman?? I'm 5 foot 8 inches in height and cannot wear heels even though id love to. All the shoes I love are generally at least 3-4 inches high. So I have to wear boring flats. Inside me there's a short girl dying to get out. My husband is 6 feet tall. Would hate to be taller than him in heels. How tall is too tall?? I think 5 foot 5 would be perfect.

You're not that tall :confused: Just wear heels.

I'm 5ft 7 and wear heels, I'm not taller than most men in when I'm wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Indeed, I don't get the obsession some women have over height - either theirs or that of the guy they're with.

As long as there's a spark and ye get on that's what matters - besides, we're all the same height lying down :)

Not necessarily, some have big

beer bellies

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    As long as there's a spark and ye get on that's what matters - besides, we're all the same height lying down :)

This is not true! :cool:

Only thing annoys me when I'm out and wearing heels, sometimes I can't hear what my friends are saying because I'm 6 foot in heels and they're about 5'6. Get a pain in my neck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Heels are uncomfortable and it can get very awkward wearing them, especially if you're also wearing a pair of knickers and your mum walks in. :eek: What are you doing son???????

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

I'm 5'7 and all the men seem taller whether I'm wearing heels or not. I don't really think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

So I have to wear boring flats.

No you don't! I love me some tall women, and I'm definitely not alone on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

c_man wrote: »
    No you don't! I love me some tall women, and I'm definitely not alone on this.

No you are not my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Just wondering how tall is too tall for a woman?? I'm 5 foot 8 inches in height and cannot wear heels even though id love to. All the shoes I love are generally at least 3-4 inches high. So I have to wear boring flats. Inside me there's a short girl dying to get out. My husband is 6 feet tall. Would hate to be taller than him in heels. How tall is too tall?? I think 5 foot 5 would be perfect.

Well, Im 5' 7. So, for me, I wouldnt consider 5' 8 tall.

Where I work, there are maybe 6/7 girls at either the 6 foot or over the 6 foot mark.

But if you are self-conscious of feeling too tall, maybe go for 2/3 inch heels (I find 3' is all I can manage anyways).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

@OP are your friends that you describe as tiny just short or is there a big difference in build?
    If you feel enormous around them due to your height that would be strange imo, is there a weight issue as well here? I.e. they are small and slim and you are tall and heavier?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Larianne wrote: »
    This is not true! :cool:

Only thing annoys me when I'm out and wearing heels, sometimes I can't hear what my friends are saying because I'm 6 foot in heels and they're about 5'6. Get a pain in my neck.

I have this problem too! I'm just shy of 5'10" bare foot... throw on heels & I can hit around 6'1" / 6'2"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have this problem too! I'm just shy of 5'10" bare foot... throw on heels & I can hit around 6'1" / 6'2"

It's great when you lose people though in a nightclub/pub and you can just stand on your tip-toes and spot them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It would literally change my perspective on the world to be that tall. I'm 5'1 (on a good day) and the only people I look down on are 8-year-olds and midgets :(

Height is something that would never be an issue, my last girlfriend was taller than me and it was never an issue. She had a real elegance to the way she held herself even if she herself often had issue duty being taller than me. I always found it rather endearing and anytime she was self conscious of the height difference I'd just stand up that bit taller and hold her closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Embrace your height and get yourself some lovely high heels. I'm 5 foot 6 and have a dodgy leg so I can't wear heels:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Stheno wrote: »
    @OP are your friends that you describe as tiny just short or is there a big difference in build?
    If you feel enormous around them due to your height that would be strange imo, is there a weight issue as well here? I.e. they are small and slim and you are tall and heavier?

Short and skinny yes and I'm tall and average build. All my friends (most) are very petite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I'm pretty sure this was proven scientifically, but I don't have the link to the journal.

Anyway - take your height, add the length of his....ahem....member - and that should be his height. It's like the golden ratio.

I'll see if I can find the link....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

People have gotten taller haven't they? I'm jealous of all you lovely tall people -

I'm not overweight just undertall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭BrianD3

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Well, Im 5' 7. So, for me, I wouldnt consider 5' 8 tall.

Where I work, there are maybe 6/7 girls at either the 6 foot or over the 6 foot mark.

But if you are self-conscious of feeling too tall, maybe go for 2/3 inch heels (I find 3' is all I can manage anyways).
    Height statistics for the US:

Depending on age, 94-99% of women are under 5 foot 9
    Depending on age, 90-98% of women are under 5 foot 8
    https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0209.pdf

I would consider a true 5 foot 7 to be tall for a woman and anything above that to be very tall. I'm always skeptical when I hear about women being 6 foot+, I'd say many of these are incorrect estimates.

In my workplace there are about 200 women and there are a handful in the the barefoot 5'8" to 5'10" range but none above that that I'm aware of. I'm good friends with one of these tall women who regularly gets (positive) comments on her unusual height. She thought she was 5'10" in bare feet but when I measured her she was 5'8.25".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

UCDVet wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this was proven scientifically, but I don't have the link to the journal.

Anyway - take your height, add the length of his....ahem....member - and that should be his height. It's like the golden ratio.

I'll see if I can find the link....

No I'm pretty sure my husband isn't 6 foot 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭omega man

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Height statistics for the US:

Depending on age, 94-99% of women are under 5 foot 9
    Depending on age, 90-98% of women are under 5 foot 8
    https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0209.pdf

I would consider a true 5 foot 7 to be tall for a woman and anything above that to be very tall. I'm always skeptical when I hear about women being 6 foot+, I'd say many of these are incorrect estimates.

In my workplace there are about 200 women and there are a handful in the the barefoot 5'8" to 5'10" range but none above that that I'm aware of. I'm good friends with one of these tall women who regularly gets (positive) comments on her unusual height. She thought she was 5'10" in bare feet but when I measured her she was 5'8.25".

So true. In my experience most people don't actually know their actual height, particularly blokes. I'm 6'1 bare foot but I'm always amazed at the lads who are usually 6'2 or 6'4 but yet somehow are shorter or the same size as me ;-)
    Although guys seem to be getting taller these days I don't often see too many 6 ft plus women.

Anyway op wear those high heels if they look good for the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

LizT wrote: »
    I'm 6 foot tall. I wear heels out sometimes. If I like it and it looks good, who cares how tall I am in them? I love being tall, hated it when I was younger but I've embraced it now.

Never really got the notion that a woman has to be smaller than her partner.

Girl I'm seeing is the same height as you (i'm also 6'0), saw her in heels for the first time a couple weeks back, didn't bother me in the slightest that she gained a few inches on me.

Then do it! :) There's honestly nothing that says you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

hey be happy youre not small . tall girls look good, if you want to wear heels just wear them. so what if youre taller than most men with them? its not like theyre not going to fancy you because youre an inch or two taller ,and nobody will care if you get with a man a bit shorter than yourself

stop caring about other peoples opinions so much
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm 5'7" and I don't usually wear heels because they make me look like a foal taking its first steps. My boyfriend isn't that much taller than me, he's about 5"10" but I wouldn't mind being taller than him. I'm from a family of tall people. My dad is 6'4" and my brother is 6'7".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Six-foot plus Amazon babes in heels look fantastic. Fcuk 'em all - jack it up, beoir. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I would consider a true 5 foot 7 to be tall for a woman and anything above that to be very tall.

As a true 5' 7 woman, I dont.

I'd say many of these are incorrect estimates.
    Id say youre wrong.

There are women out there (as per my post about work), who are a good 4/5 inches taller than me. For me, that is tall.

Most days, I wear 3 inch heels (bring me to 5' 10), and in their flats, am still quite short to them.

For someone who is 5' 1, 5' 7 is tall. For someone who is 4' 7, 5' 1 is tall. Its all relative.

Advertisement