Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How tall is too tall?

Options
  • 11-10-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how tall is too tall for a woman?? I'm 5 foot 8 inches in height and cannot wear heels even though id love to. All the shoes I love are generally at least 3-4 inches high. So I have to wear boring flats. Inside me there's a short girl dying to get out. My husband is 6 feet tall. Would hate to be taller than him in heels. How tall is too tall?? I think 5 foot 5 would be perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

lukesmom wrote: »
    Just wondering how tall is too tall for a woman?? I'm 5 foot 8 inches in height and cannot wear heels even though id love to. All the shoes I love are generally at least 3-4 inches high. So I have to wear boring flats. Inside me there's a short girl dying to get out. My husband is 6 feet tall. Would hate to be taller than him in heels. How tall is too tall?? I think 5 foot 5 would be perfect.

Why didn't you marry a taller man then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

How tall is a piece of tall?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Cut your feet off. Makes you shorter and saves you money on new shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

My friend is 6ft 4 and she wears heels, it's not something you can really control you know

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Once they are taller than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm 6 foot tall. I wear heels out sometimes. If I like it and it looks good, who cares how tall I am in them? I love being tall, hated it when I was younger but I've embraced it now.

Never really got the notion that a woman has to be smaller than her partner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm the same height and wear heels all the time. My OH is the same height as me and neither of us are bothered by it. I'm really not getting your statement that you cant wear heels as you are too tall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

What's so bad about wearing heels and being taller? I've never heard a man saying "I don't like that woman, she's too tall".

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭begrandx

I'm 5'11 and wear heels all the time, used to be conscious about it when I was younger but nothing I can do about it so may as well embrace it! Makes my legs look freakishly long but hey all good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I'm 5' 5" and would love to be your height. :) Happy enough with my height but a few more inches would be cool. Why couldn't you wear heels? I don't think some taller women realise how striking they are because they're too busy worrying about their height. Taller women look fantastic in heels. Not a heel-wearer meself but I do think they look great on other women of all sizes and heights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No such thing as a woman that's too tall. Variety is the spice of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

At 5ft 2 I don't feel your pain. Even in heels I'm still a shorty. Walk tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm 6"2 so any girl in heels who is still a decent bit smaller than me is perfect. I don't care if she's tiny but 5"1/2 is a good screening point.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

9ft or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Why didn't you marry a taller man then?

Because when I met him I was shorter. I'm about 2 inches taller now. And I fell in love with him that's why I married him. I wasn't even remotely thinking about height.

LizT wrote: »
    I'm 6 foot tall. I wear heels out sometimes. If I like it and it looks good, who cares how tall I am in them? I love being tall, hated it when I was younger but I've embraced it now.

Never really got the notion that a woman has to be smaller than her partner.

I just think it looks strange. I know a guy he's about 5 foot 7 and his gf is at least 6 foot and it just looks wrong to me. Fair play to them and all but I couldn't do it.

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm the same height and wear heels all the time. My OH is the same height as me and neither of us are bothered by it. I'm really not getting your statement that you cant wear heels as you are too tall

When I've worn heels everyone looked so much smaller than me especially my friends they are all tiny.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just think it looks strange. I know a guy he's about 5 foot 7 and his gf is at least 6 foot and it just looks wrong to me. Fair play to them and all but I couldn't do it.

Its all in your head so, honestly I wear four inch heels a lot in work and don't give it a second thought. If the oh and I are going somewhere dressy I wear heels too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Too tall for what?

The lowest railway bridges are usually over 12 feet so I guess over that.

When I've worn heels everyone looked so much smaller than me especially my friends they are all tiny.

So what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are you sure they weren't just far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stheno wrote: »
    So what?

Indeed, I don't get the obsession some women have over height - either theirs or that of the guy they're with.

As long as there's a spark and ye get on that's what matters - besides, we're all the same height lying down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

On the very rare occasion my wife wears very high heels she's taller than me and I really like it.

It's the different aspect I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I'm 6 3" and my wife is about 5 foot 5 or 6. Small beside me in flip flops but i met her in heels and then she often wore heels after that and that was fine. I'd love to have met someone 5 10" or even 6ft. But no regrets. What she doesn't have in height she more than makes up for in spirit and personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm the same height as you OP, you're hardly freakishly tall, do you not like being tall? Maybe you should move to the Netherlands you won't feel so tall :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

kstand wrote: »
    What she doesn't have in height she more than makes up for in spirit and personality.

and width. Don't forget width.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm barely scraping 5ft, OH is about 6ft 2'. I don't mind bein a short arse, only it's a nuisance getting jeans to fit. I sometimes wish I was taller, and elegant, and looked good whatever I wore, but too late for that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm 6'2. No idea about girth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

maths fail

if yer hubby is 6' in his socks then he stands at 6'1" in his shoes so you at 6'8" + 5" are the same height , a perfect match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Tigger wrote: »
    maths fail

if yer hubby is 6' in his socks then he stands at 6'1" in his shoes so you at 6'8" + 5" are the same height , a perfect match

So 6'13" tall ?

Advertisement