Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your very first mobile phone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Can't remember the name of the phone think it was a Nokia but the camera was a separate attachment. Me and my now husband thought we were great altogether the day we bought these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Nokia 5110 with the interchangeable Xpress-on covers. Mine was red, also had a green cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

My first mobile phone was a Mitsubishi Trium that I got free with my bank when I joined up for a student account. Along time ok that lol. Don,t see banks doin offers like that anymore either. It was a flip phone I used to pretent it was the communicator from Star Trek

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Duff

Nokia 5110 with a yellow front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Nokia 3210. It was the very first thing I bought out of my first pay check when I started working. :)

• Advertisement

Nokia 3210. It was the very first thing I bought out of my first paycheck when I started working. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Think it was a nokia 3210. Great phone.

You could get 5 days without a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

One of those 088 Motorola's with an aerial like that you had to pull up.

Then some silver Panasonic on Speakeasy when it first launched, after Eircell nerfed the 088 network.

Went through the usual suspects. 5110, 6110, 3210, 3310, 8210, 3410, 3510i, 6100, 8310, 6230i, N73, N8. A few Siemens (C25, M35, S55), Sony Ericsson K750i (and the old Ericson T10 Harry Hill used to advertise), Sharp (the GX10 Vodafone one), Sagem (My55 I think), Trium (Mars), Motorola (V50, Razr and won an L7 from 7up in 2006).

I had a mobile phone fetish for a few years - like the Apple fanboys now, I had to have the latest money grabbing gimmick that came out. They seem so primative now but this was life changing stuff - FM Radio, changeable covers, polyphonic ringtones, 0.3mp camera, MMS messaging (despite knowing nobody with an MMS enabled phone), whatever iMode was...

Couldn't care less now.

*Sent from my iPhone 6*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

nokia 3310

blue cover with a silver dragon :cool:

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    nokia 3310

blue cover with a silver dragon :cool:

Ahh that takes me back. I used to love the customisable covers. I had a black one with a red dragon. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

A Siemens c25. great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ericsson T10s which I got on the Esat Digifone Speakeasy 'Early Bird' plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Think it was a nokia 3210. Great phone.

I still use one now

still rock solid, battery lasts for days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

3210. A mate had the Matrix phone with the slide down key cover. Thought he was the dogs testicles. Snake, programming in ringtones yourself. Sending people template messages like "Happy Birthday". Simpler times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Books4you

Mitsubishi trium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Phillips something or other, it was free when opening an AIB student account.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

A tank of a nokia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

BrianJD wrote: »

snap,had to tape the battery so it wouldnt keep falling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Nokia 3310

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

yep,5110 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

endacl wrote: »
    Mitsubishi MT30. Never dropped a call. Battery lasted a week. Came with a free portable telly for my flat. Phones were phones in those days, I tells ya!

http://www.thibaultbarat.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mitsubishi-MT30-1.jpg

I got one too, came with a Video recorder and a copy of titanic (which I gave to my mum). Loved that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Siemens s6 around 1997 / 98.
    Then siemens C25.
    Followed by numerous nokia 3310.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

http://blog.grabcad.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/130864_dsc02175.jpg

Alcatel brick because I couldn't afford a 3210 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Siemens c 25 Esat Digifone :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

Nokia 3210

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Nokia 3410. Absolutely loved it and was chuffed with life when I got it for Christmas that year. I remember I had "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas as a polyphonic ringtone and thought that was brilliant! Must've been 2002/3 I think. We had a Nokia 5110 as a house phone instead of a landline for years before that. I was the envy of all my friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Nokia 3200... it didn't last a year :-( it was in my pocket, and was running, and some how inside under the 'on' botton smashed into smithereens... I was gutted! no phone after that for 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

This Sagem MY-X-2
    http://www.mobile-phone.pk/images/mobiles/Sagem-MY-X-2-1.jpg
    I can't remember much about the phone just basic colour screen without a camera.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

A Siemens S3 Com like this, got it around '95/'96:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=120793&d=1401091925

Was one of the first GSM phones available from Eircell. Thought I was the bees knees with my case which clipped onto my belt. :pac:

Given my complete inability to chuck out anything, I still have it up in the attic somewhere, probably along with the box and charger. Still have the same 087 number since then, of course now with the 2 in front of it.

Advertisement