Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey being treated for cancer :(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I was saddened by this news today.
    Anyone going through cancer treatment deserves more than to be called a 'c*nt' -
    There are lots of other people who deserve your vitriol one thousand times more than a singer who has brought hope to 2 generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

Poor guy. Hope he gets better soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

zef wrote: »
    Anyone going through cancer treatment deserves more than to be called a 'c*nt' -
    There are lots of other people who deserve your vitriol one thousand times more than a singer who has brought hope to 2 generations.

You're right, he's a supreme cúnt.
    That is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shít every day

That's what Morrissey has to say on the Norway Massacre.

frag420 wrote: »
    I still hate the veggie fooker but I hope he gets through this ordeal so I can keep hating his opinionated veggie head!!

He is human and he needs to be loved...just like anybody else does :)

Get well soon Morrissey. Love the Smiths

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

He only just had a gig the other day so hes obviously feeling ok.

It actually hasnt been confirmed yet either by him only that hes had work done on it so until he comes out and says it 100 percent moz will outlive us all :D

Either way if the Irish gig goes ahead it will be his last id imagine.

Have to laugh at some of the media outlets covering this like they give two ****s about him on a normal day of the week! Just goes to show people dont give a **** about you normally unless theres something wrong with u or you have done something and they can use you to promote themselves!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

He's had a lot of health problems the past couple of years. Sorry to hear this. His response was typical Morrissey though
    "They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever," he told the publication.

"If I die, then I die. And if I don't, then I don't."

He went on to say he feels he’s reached an age when he "should no longer be making music".

"Many composers of classical music died at age 34. And I'm still here, and nobody knows what to do with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

SPM is a genius, and I hate the way that word is used in modern times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Always been a huge admirer of Morrissey, especially in The Smiths. I remember I first heard The Smiths in 2002 and couldnt believe how someone could write with such honesty so well. His lyrics touched a lot of ppl, always a sense of someone was in the trenches with you when listening to his music. He gave great voice to the ordinary experience of life, never compromised himself or get caught up in any of the pitfalls of fame.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    He's had a lot of health problems the past couple of years. Sorry to hear this. His response was typical Morrissey though

That's why I love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

To look at photos or videos of him in late 2012 for example and compare them to recent ones, the difference is absolutely staggering. Nobody ages that much over less than eighteen months, and I suspect he has been sick for far longer than he's let on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'm more saddened by this than I would have thought possible. He seems a petty and trucelent man in recent times but is a genuine genius and a shining example of what pop stars once were and should always be.

How Soon is Now will be devastated.

This made me laugh by the way! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

And when you want to live
    How do you start?
    Where do you go?
    Who do you need to know?

-Bard of the outcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I've seen him in concert twice in Galway and twice in Dublin. He is the master of the stage and I wish him good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

"They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever," he told the publication.

"If I die, then I die. And if I don't, then I don't."
    ........ meet me at the cemetery gates!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Perhaps if he'd eaten a few bacon sarnies he'd have been less of a miserable bast**d. The vegan diet didn't do much good for him anyways.

zef wrote: »

Considering many of the statements the man has come out with, cnut is a pretty apt description of him. I doubt he'd have much sympathy for anyone going through cancer treatment if they ate meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Considering many of the statements the man has come out with, cnut is a pretty apt description of him. I doubt he'd have much sympathy for anyone going through cancer treatment if they ate meat.

He tried to rip off the drummer and bass player of the Smiths for royalties too, the judge when deciding against him in court called him "devious, truculent and unreliable"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

He tried to rip off the drummer and bass player of the Smiths for royalties too, the judge when deciding against him in court called him "devious, truculent and unreliable"

He just described me in the bedroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Never had any time whatsoever for either him or his music, but i wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Perhaps if he'd eaten a few bacon sarnies he'd have been less of a miserable bast**d.

Doubt it, he'd probably have died in his thirties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Packrat

I'm not going to ask "Who?" because at this stage of the thread, I've figured out that he is a singer, but I was genuinely unaware of this persons existence until now. Busy life, not being interested in popular music and all that I suppose..

Anyway, RIP, or get well or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

What kind of cancer is it?

It's well known that he hates smoking, is a vegetarian as is well known, is not a druggie or even a dabbler in drugs, and I doubt if he drinks much. Basically he is 'straight-edge' baring the odd glass of wine I think?

Not a good look for the health fascists if guys like Morrissey get cancer, surely?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Would not have been a fan but he came up on my radar when he was diagnosed with Baretts Oesophagus (see links one and two ) which can be a precursor for oesophageal of which I am an 8 year survivor. He does have some great songs and I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We will never see the likes of him in music again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I disagree with nearly every public utterance he comes out with, but I still love the guy and his music.

I've seen him live on a few occasions, most recently in Vicar Street, which was a great intimate venue to see him in.

Years and years ago while still in college I was in McDaids off Grafton Street and he was sitting at the bar. I had to go up and tell him what a big fan I was, I still inwardly cringe at the memory, but he was very charming and nice.

I hope he gets well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

We will never see the likes of him in music again

This is it. He's a lyrical genius. I love him even though I do eat 'death'.

'Sing me to sleep, I'm tired and I, I want to go to bed'

But there is a light that never goes out and his music will live on. He doesn't look very well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Smiths were good and have some great songs but his solo output has been muck and he comes across as a bigger and bigger dick with every passing year.

Still, hope he gets well.

I assume he will release some kinda statement himself soon seeing as many people will want to know as he is touring and it's been thrown around now that he's "dying"

Weather he is or not I'd say he's delighted to know expose felt the need to mention him! Ha ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I hope he recovers completely so he can continue to spout nonsense and I can continue to be pissed off by his comments.

Advertisement