Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey being treated for cancer :(

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This was the very first thought I had.

On a more sober note, I hope he gets through the treatment successfully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I still hate the veggie fooker but I hope he gets through this ordeal so I can keep hating his opinionated veggie head!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

He does a great GAA report, even with his big head.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

frag420 wrote: »
    I still hate the veggie fooker but I hope he gets through this ordeal so I can keep hating his opinionated veggie head!!

Ah now, he was the soother of many a teenagers angst as they stomped around miserably in the eighties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Loved him in men behaving badly. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Never liked him or his music. Get well soon lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

How Soon is Now will be devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Oh that's tough
    Irrespective of his views, always like to hear someone who's not afraid to air his opinion.
    Sorry he's unwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I heard he was sick and had to cancel concerts but didn't know it was that serious. It must be so hard to be told you've got cancer even if you are rich and famous. Wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Some great music and lyrics.

Wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I really think he'll pull through.

(Song lyric reference aside, he seems like a tough cookie - I'd say he'll fight the sh-t out of this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Get well soon you miserable lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Oh that's tough
    Irrespective of his views, always like to hear someone who's not afraid to air his opinion.
    Sorry he's unwell

You should read his book. Man has a lot of pent up bitterness. Which is exactly why I bought it. Was in the mood for a bit of bitching.

Collie D wrote: »
    You should read his book. Man has a lot of pent up bitterness. Which is exactly why I bought it. Was in the mood for a bit of bitching.

I take it you're buying Keano's book tomorrow so? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Very sad news.

I'm a big fan of his music and have seen him live quite a few times. I always find it unusual that so many people can't appreciate the wit and humour in his lyrics.

I'm very much "each to their own" when it comes to taste in music, so I wouldn't dream of slagging anyone's taste in music.

I've bought tickets to see Moz in December, but I expect with this news its likely to be cancelled.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

boobar wrote: »
    Very sad news.

I'm a big fan of his music and have seen him live quite a few times. I always find it unusual that so many people can't appreciate the wit and humour in his lyrics.

I'm very much "each to their own" when it comes to taste in music, so I wouldn't dream of slagging anyone's taste in music.

I've bought tickets to see Moz in December, but I expect with this news its likely to be cancelled.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

I don't think so, it sounds like he's known for quite some time. I imagine he thought about this before he decided to do gigs again..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I first learnt about his illness from a witty article by waterford whispers using his illness to take the piss out of his lifestyle choices, classy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There is a light that never goes out.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't say i feel much sympathy for the man, he's a complete cùnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I found his autobiography hilarious. He is very very witty not as miserable as he makes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Can't say i feel much sympathy for the man, he's a complete cùnt.

Why do you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Sad to hear, hopefully he makes a full recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Damn. :(

He's an eejit but a supremely talented one. Get well soon, Morrissey, ya clown.

SPM1959 wrote: »
    Why do you say that?
    Is that you Steven Patrick?

Even if he is a complete c**t, a person saying they don't feel sorry for him when he's being treated for cancer is pretty classless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is that you Steven Patrick?

Even if he is a complete c**t, a person saying they don't feel sorry for him when he's being treated for cancer is pretty classless.

Good thing I didn't say that then.

Good thing I didn't say that then.
    Oops. Although much of a muchness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great singer and great music.

Hope he's alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You have to be pretty low to not have some sympathy for a person with cancer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Yesterday I was looking into the details of this (what has come out, anyway), and from the translated El Mundo article, there seems to be some points of askew translation. He said, according to El Mundo, he has had 4 scrapings of cancerous cells, which could mean pre-cancerous or indeed that he has cancer. I believe, the term scraping (should it have been translated correctly) relates to either skeletal cancer (which I believe would be incredibly severe and doesn't seem likely considering he has gotten the go ahead and insurance for the upcoming tour) or throat, which seems more likely due to his past dealings with Barrett's Oesophagus and constant reflux issues. The fact that he has insurance, I would guess mean if he does have cancer it is early days to some degree - I'd doubt it's stage 3, let's say. I hope it's not the case, been a fan of his since I was about 8 with none surpassing. Despite seeing him live 3 times already, I was very disappointed not to get to see him again this year in the rebranded o2, but it's so expensive. We all know he's one for dramatics; I hope this along with poor translation is cause for this alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

boobar wrote: »
    I always find it unusual that so many people can't appreciate the wit and humour in his lyrics.

+1. He's a poet.

Advertisement