Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a Jehovah's Witnesses every converted someone on the doorstep

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yep, it's so arbitrary and ridiculous.

Also, you would have to be from one of those particular tribes. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Werent the Jacksons JW? I saw an interview recently with his mother saying how she still goes door to door witnessing. Imagine her showing up at your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Werent the Jacksons JW? I saw an interview recently with his mother saying how she still goes door to door witnessing. Imagine her showing up at your door!

I'm sorry Miss Jackson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

JW : I'm here to bring the Light into your life
    ME (turning around and shouting inside : Sweetie, someone from the ESB here to talk to you

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

im not sure if i agree with them all being very nice people assessment on here.

don't know what religion they were but i personally know of a family who lost a family member to a sudden accident. door knockers turned up and about ten houses in the area asked the door knockers not to call to this one particular house as they had just lost a child that morning.

they called anyway and told the mother all sorts of heart breaking horrid things regarding honoring the dead being wrong, they were asked to leave and never return not by the mother who was to shocked with loss to respond but by fellow neighbours who could see what was going on.

this was many years ago and i still hold a grudge against all religious door callers.
    i dont care what religion you are you should respect human decency and a mothers right to morn her child if she pleases.
    sorry if i sound angry this event has always annoyed me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement