Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Some prices along N17 on Sat 6th / Sun 7th Dec.

Lowest in Claremorris and Ballindine, as usual = 132.9 / 139.9

Around Galway city, dearer at about 138.9 / 144.9.

http://www.sligofuels.ie/

This week Sligo Fuels on Deepwater Quay have cut to 128.9 / 138.9

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Applegreen Crumlin Cross Dublin 12
    Petrol 1.38
    Diesel 1.30

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kellizer

Esso on dublin Quays dropped price 1.29 for diesel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Streets_of Rage 2 Come_On

Has the Home Heating Oil price bottomed out yet?

• Advertisement

$66.65 a barrel for Brent after another $2.88 drop yesterday, much the same for US Crude

AND

a .4% drop in the Dollar. Brings it down even more.

Dollar still up 14% overall since May though.

Wheres delahuntv to break this down pricewise, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

I got 60 extra litres of Kerosene for 200 euro than i did 14 months ago..i still think the price at the pumps have been slow to come down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

chrysagon wrote: »
    I got 60 extra litres of Kerosene for 200 euro than i did 14 months ago..i still think the price at the pumps have been slow to come down

If vat on petrol/diesel was 13.5% and duty on petrol/diesel was 5c a litre, then you would be paying about the same for petrol/diesel as you do for homeheat.

the duty on petrol of almost 60c +vat (55c more than homeheat) stays static.

basically the cent per litre reduction excluding vat will be about the same for all fuels - however due to duty and vat the percentage difference would be quite different

Another $1.80 ish off the price of crude today. Down to $61.97

Opec cut it's daily targets by 300,000 a day to 28.9million barrels a day.

• Advertisement

Another $1.80 ish off the price of crude today. Down to $61.97

Opec cut it's daily targets by 300,000 a day to 28.9million barrels a day.

That wti US oil - in Europe its Brent Crude price ($65) that we use.

Based on $65 & 1.24 dollar, I'd say we'll see many stations below €1.25 for diesel and below €1.35 for petrol by Christmas Day.

In the UK diesel is set to drop to £1.20 - about €1.52!! - OUCH.

Kerosene should drop to about €680/1000 litres. This time lastyear I paid €550 for 500 litres!! - Between the mild weather and price reduction, someone using 2000 litres of oil last year will save about €1200 this year between less usage and cheaper prices! - That's 7+ years of water charges!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

143.8. Drogheda,Balbriggan area at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I'd use only about 500 litres a year. I spent 380 for 500 l this year and 495 for 500 l last year.

Water tax paid for in one saving even at my usage of oil.

delahuntv wrote: »

Based on $65 & 1.24 dollar, I'd say we'll see many stations below €1.25 for diesel and below €1.35 for petrol by Christmas Day.

Kerosene should drop to about €680/1000 litres. This time lastyear I paid €550 for 500 litres!! - Between the mild weather and price reduction, someone using 2000 litres of oil last year will save about €1200 this year between less usage and cheaper prices! - That's 7+ years of water charges!! :)
    Brent $64.24 at close today.

Bank of America predicting $50 in first half of 2015.

Brent $64.24 at close today.

Bank of America predicting $50 in first half of 2015.

http: // www .theweek.co.uk/business/oil-price/60838/oil-price-brent-crude-rebounds-from-five-year-low

http: // profit .ndtv.com/news/commodities/article-brent-crude-oil-below-65-barrel-on-opec-report-711444

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

Thought I'd update this because there will be headlines today about oil breaking below $80 and the usual poor standard of journalism we see these days will be asking why fuel prices have not dropped 40% because the dollar price of oil has dropped 40%.

Cost of oil per litre on the spot market is currently 40.5c ($79.8 / 1.24 exchange rate / 159 liters in barrel)
    Cost of refining into fuel and delivering to port estimated at approx 6c/litre for petrol, about 8c for diesel.
    Duty & Carbon tax 59.6c for petrol, 48.6c diesel.
    Estimated combined distributor/retail take = 9c-11c / litre
    Cost before vat, Petrol 115c - 117c, diesel 106c - 108c

Add vat @ 23%

and the price you should see at the pumps sometime next week should be about 1.41 - 1.44 for petrol & 1.31 - 1.33 for diesel.

For Kerosene you should be able to get 1000 litres for €720 - €740 at end of next week.

If oil suddenly jumped 50% overnight - the increase at the pumps would be about 25c. Likewise, if it drops to $40 (and that could happen), just another 25c would come off at the pumps, as its the 40.5c raw oil cost that changes (and the vat on that), most other costs stay as they are.

Based on these figures, Brent sitting at $63 and €1=$1.24, then we should be seeing widespread €1.33 petrol soon and the cheapest stations probably down around €129.9.

Cheapest on pumps.ie 132.9 at the moment.
    L1011 wrote: »
    pumps.ie has very unreliable hosting. Currently all I'm getting is the banner at the top.

It also has a muppet who keeps putting in "99.9" prices on active stations at random to screw it up, not sure enough attention is paid to get them banned these days.

I don't know about anyone else but if I see that I edit it to 999.9.

Lots of people putting in diesel prices for petrol - i.e. you see one really cheap station for petrol but when you click on it the diesel price is the same.

omicron wrote: »
    Based on these figures, Brent sitting at $63 and €1=$1.24, then we should be seeing widespread €1.33 petrol soon and the cheapest stations probably down around €129.9.

Cheapest on pumps.ie 132.9 at the moment.

I reckon you will see one or two of the very competitive stations possibly be under €1.30 and averages of €1.34 for petrol as 2015 rolls in.

Similarly, you'll see a few under €1.20 and averages of €1.24 for diesel.

However, stations in premium areas paying high rent and rates and other costs will naturally be a little higher that the average.

I reckon you will see one or two of the very competitive stations possibly be under €1.30 and averages of €1.34 for petrol as 2015 rolls in.

Similarly, you'll see a few under €1.20 and averages of €1.24 for diesel.

However, stations in premium areas paying high rent and rates and other costs will naturally be a little higher that the average.

Sounds about right for petrol but the spread between petrol and diesel has come down a good bit lately as we've come into the winter, seems to be around 6 to 8c now so I doubt we'll see 119 diesel unless oil drops further.

Sat 6th / Sun 7th Dec

Claremorris / Ballindine 132.9 / 139.9
    Galway city 138.9 / 144.9 Typical prices, only one station as low as Ballindine

Mon 8-Dec

Sligo Fuels, Deepwater Quay 128.9 / 138.9
    Jones Oil and LMS Oil on Finisklin road 129.9

Fri 12-Dec

Sligo Fuels, Deepwater Quay 125.9 / 135.9 Dropped 3c since Monday

Topaz buying Esso, that'll do wonders for competition. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Texaco Service Station
    K.C.R. Dublin 6w
    Petrol 1.34
    Diesel 1.26

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Posters, when quoting retail prices please refrain from identifying any particular station/supplier, it's not relevant to the discussion on the general price of fuel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Still €1.37 in all Midleton garages for diesel.

omicron wrote: »
    Sounds about right for petrol but the spread between petrol and diesel has come down a good bit lately as we've come into the winter, seems to be around 6 to 8c now so I doubt we'll see 119 diesel unless oil drops further.

There's a difference of about 12c (inc vat) on the duty element.

However clean diesel is costly to produce.

Only a certain percentage of oil can be easily refined into the various fuels - diesel is about 20%, but the demand means over 30% of a barrel of oil needs to be refined to diesel and higher in winter months (used in power stations and trucks moving goods - both of which lad to spike in december)

The 50% additional diesel has to be "manufactured" - and this adds to the cost.

At present, using Bloomberg energy pricing - it costs 13.1c (euro) to refine a litre of oil to diesel and about 7.8c (euro) to refine oil into petrol. - This can vary greatly from winter to summer and does not move with the movement in oil prices.

Generally you find that cost of refining diesel drops in summer and cost of refining petrol increases (driving season)

Hence you see a smaller spread in diesel/petrol prices at present.

Dublin prices very high at the moment, even the usual cheap spots are 5c off the competition around the country. Good few 129.9s on pumps.ie at the moment so hopefully this will spread a bit!

123.9 / 133.9 at one station in Sligo town, today Sat 20-Dec.

122.9 / 133.9 at one station in Sligo today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Unleaded still 128.9. In Wexford <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

<SNIP>Kilkenny city last night:
    Diesel €1.198
    Unleaded €1.288

I can't remember the last time diesel dipped below €1.20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Posters, when quoting retail prices please refrain from identifying any particular station/supplier, it's not relevant to the discussion on the general price of fuel.

I don't get this place sometimes. Where's the harm in letting posters know where the good value is. The 'best and worst experiences' thread is littered with anonymous posters slagging off various retailers and products, all named, for poor service, quality etc, when in a lot of cases maybe they were just having a bad day. They also don't have an automatic right to reply.
    Surely identifying the garage is relevant. If I posted that an unnamed garage was selling diesel for a €1 a litre, would anyone believe me?

Advertisement