Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urinals! Why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

anto9 wrote: »
    I have one at home .Great invention .It has a photo electric cell built in ,and flushes automatically when used.I also put in stuff to keep the smell away .

It would make sense if you have a house full of males, frees up bathroom time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The most useless invention in the history of humankind! I was in the pub tonight and had a call of nature, and as I was relieving myself a neighbour came in to do likewise. Well, he must have had about a dozen pints worth stored up and I ended up fcuking drooked with the splashback.

Who on earth ever thought these were a good idea? Only half the population can use them, they are unhygienic, and if you were to have a conversatiom with someone anywhere else with your cock in your hand you'd be arrested.

Anyone else feel as strongly about this issue as I do?

apparently its the western ****ter thats the problem, seems like the hole in the ground is a better and more natural way to evacuate, although Id be concerned for my phone/wallet/keys falling out and having to fish them out. As for the urinals, they are only unhygenic because pubs dont clean em, but no worse than the bogs, uncleaned, splattered on, broken, non existant seat, no TP, you're just touching the door lock, must be some poop on it from before if not you.
    Urinals are more space efficient and thus allow for a faster turnover of pissers, meaning you spend less time with a full bladder. Im all for them.

Because of this, effectively it boils down to cost and space, which is cost anyway.
    Paulownia wrote: »
    What about all the guys who don't use urinals and piss all over the toilet seat rather than lift it?

I get you, but, when you think about it, who'd want to touch that after someones splattered a Guinness shiyte in there, coliform city. Having said that, Im not convinced thats their motivation, more couldnt give a fcuk ignorant, mark my territory animals.
    I have one at home .Great invention .It has a photo electric cell built in ,and flushes automatically when used.I also put in stuff to keep the smell away .

pics or gtfo! of the urinal, I suppose it uses less water (aside from less space) to flush and thats also why they are prevalent, especially in pubs (self flushing really) and of the trough kind, where they need you to expel as much as your kidneys can process to get you onto the next pint, although I'd guess the troughs are better at catching more piss, I think they create more splashback and are not suitable for dividers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If you're wearing shorts you can feel the splashback,particularly with the type where you pee against the wall.
    When we become civilised in the future we'll look back and think how we behaved like heathens.
    In the meantime at least we're not French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have awful pee shyness. Have to go in a cubicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Urinal on the wall and 3ft wide grating on the floor. What's the grating about? An anti slip surface? Or to cater for for those people who couldn't hit a barn door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Urinal on the wall and 3ft wide grating on the floor. What's the grating about? An anti slip surface? Or to cater for for those people who couldn't hit a barn door?

Drunk people

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Urinals are a great idea, the problem is poor implementation.

It should be difficult to cover yourself in piss, the reality is quite the reverse.

Never use a urinal in shorts and/or sandals, its amazing the level of splashback that escapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

GreeBo wrote: »
    Urinals are a great idea, the problem is poor implementation.

It should be difficult to cover yourself in piss, the reality is quite the reverse.

Never use a urinal in shorts and/or sandals, its amazing the level of splashback that escapes.

These I like,and no splashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

First time I encountered a bidet I was really confused...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Would the backwards man not be using the urinal for sh1tting in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Urinals are a god send, especially at music festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I have one at home .Great invention .

Me too, but it's a constant source of arguments with the missus - she insists there is no such thing as a kitchen sink / urinal no matter how many times I demonstrate its dual capabilities:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The individual ones are grand, just aim for the drain, but yeah the long shared ones can give a fierce splash back. FIERCE I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ever get stage fright?

you're about to p!ss and someone stands right next to you and you just can't do it..and then panic sets in, do i just stand there and wait till he goes away or do i zip up quick and leg it ????

very distressing situation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The most useless invention in the history of humankind! I was in the pub tonight and had a call of nature, and as I was relieving myself a neighbour came in to do likewise. Well, he must have had about a dozen pints worth stored up and I ended up fcuking drooked with the splashback.

Who on earth ever thought these were a good idea? Only half the population can use them, they are unhygienic, and if you were to have a conversatiom with someone anywhere else with your cock in your hand you'd be arrested.

Anyone else feel as strongly about this issue as I do?

You still use/used them. If you don't like them queue for ages and go into a cubicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

KeithM89 wrote: »
    It's my 2nd favourite bathroom device, after the dyson airblade.

God no.. those things are shyte! Deafen you for a start and no use if you want to dry off after a heavy shower.

not sure that the idea is that you have a shower and use the airblade to dry yourself, some parts would fit in better than others obviously! They always remind me of an aircraft taking off. Much preferable to the dreadful dryers in Terminal 2 at Dublin airport though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Before the smoking ban you could throw your fag butt into the urinal, then use your piss to wash it down towards the drain. Simpler times.

Before the smoking ban you could throw your fag butt into the urinal, then use your piss to wash it down towards the drain. Simpler times.

The games boys play......................

• Advertisement

Not sure I have ever used one - so I do not see the problems or the benefits really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Used to try pee my initials on the cold aluminium if the place was quiet, used it as a barometer of how drunk I was getting if I couldn't put the apostrophe on the O' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Those Dyson airblades are great, no more need to shake your willy after a pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭newport2

These are great ones, can't miss

mens-room-with-a-difference.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

1-IMG_3925_zps63c3fa03.jpg

Mine ,i mentioned i have at home ,with photo electric cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I still start at the urinal then slowly step back to see how high I can get a piss rainbow going. Only works if you hold your bladder til you are nearly crying

1-IMG_3925_zps63c3fa03.jpg

Mine ,i mentioned i have at home ,with photo electric cell.

very chic indeed, the bath is nice too! I'm sorry I had not thought of having one somewhere when the house was full of teenagers, and it was difficult to get into the bathroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Am not buying that the OP got covered in backsplash....unless you were right up beside the guy with your hand in his pocket, reading the time on his watch or something.

Maybe if the 2 of you were totally locked and pissin5 into the sinks beside each other...maybe. Other than that the physics dont add up here.

maybe the Op was trying to write his name on the urinal wall at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fartman

Advertisement