Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urinals! Why?

Options
  • 07-10-2014 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

The most useless invention in the history of humankind! I was in the pub tonight and had a call of nature, and as I was relieving myself a neighbour came in to do likewise. Well, he must have had about a dozen pints worth stored up and I ended up fcuking drooked with the splashback.

Who on earth ever thought these were a good idea? Only half the population can use them, they are unhygienic, and if you were to have a conversatiom with someone anywhere else with your cock in your hand you'd be arrested.

Anyone else feel as strongly about this issue as I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I agree urinals really take the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I like to treat myself on special occasions and sit down and wee.

I'm not an animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've had some very profound conversations at the urinals, can't do that in a cubicle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I agree urinals really take the piss.
    They don't take all of it though, that's the problem

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Urinals are more space efficient and thus allow for a faster turnover of pissers, meaning you spend less time with a full bladder. Im all for them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

I like urinals. Its not as easy to have a sword fight in a cramped cubicle

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

A little gun shy are wee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

If he splashes you then you bash his head off the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Well someone doesn't like people seeing his tiny willy....

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've had some very profound conversations at the urinals, can't do that in a cubicle!

Imagine you were in the local hardware store, you wouldn't chat to the sales assistant about the benefits of a carbon monoxide alarm whilst fiddling with your willy. Would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Because they want to create music I guess?

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Well someone doesn't like people seeing his tiny willy....

They don't call me LD for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Imagine you were in the local hardware store, you wouldn't chat to the sales assistant about the benefits of a carbon monoxide alarm whilst fiddling with your willy. Would you?

You haven't been in my local hardware store obviously!

Tool Time - best hardware store in the country!

Come to think of it I don't think they sell hardware in there any more. And the music is really loud, and when the hell did hardware stores have bars and male strippers? Doesn't matter - still a great place to just hang out with your lad out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

You shouldnt be fiddling with your willy in public urinals, can get in alot of trouble for that sort of thing.

You shouldnt be fiddling with your willy in public urinals, can get in alot of trouble for that sort of thing.

I wouldn't want to be the poor soul that washes your Y-fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

They don't call me LD for nothing.

Limp dick? Sickner.

Urinals are great, no worrying about going into the jacks and seeing a piece of shit stuck to the seat.
    It's my 2nd favourite bathroom device, after the dyson airblade.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Limp dick? Sickner.

Urinals are great, no worrying about going into the jacks and seeing a piece of shit stuck to the seat.
    It's my 2nd favourite bathroom device, after the dyson airblade.

They're crap urinals. Made an awful mess the last time I used one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The Urinals.

The place where all the pricks hang out.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I think they're pretty useful, though I don't ever fancy weeing in front of other people.

Plus if I did coke on a urinal everyone else would want some and I'd have to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Jeez OP… it's only weird if you make it weird. What about chatting to your doctor during a checkup, or going swimming where you tog on or shower with someone?

Urinals are pretty inoffensive. I don't experience the splash back you've experienced. Maybe your friend was disobeying they 'furthest available urinal' rule.

Have you ever seen the queue outside the women's jacks? I'm sure some women would love to have urinals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

conorh91 wrote: »
    Jeez OP… it's only weird if you make it weird. What about chatting to your doctor during a checkup, or going swimming where you tog on or shower with someone?

Urinals are pretty inoffensive. I don't experience the splash back you've experienced. Maybe your friend was disobeying they 'furthest available urinal' rule.

Have you ever seen the queue outside the women's jacks? I'm sure some women would love to have urinals.

"She Wees" FTW. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

In my experience of working in pubs for the vast majority if my employed life I have always found the ladies toilet to be much dirtier than the gents after a busy night. I don't mind urinals, I even squeeze in between two people if im bursting to go and its very busy. Im not a scuttler who runs off ir ques for a cubicle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Maybe if you were really, really into Carbon Monoxide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Where else would you be able to wash your hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

What about all the guys who don't use urinals and piss all over the toilet seat rather than lift it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I thougbt they were for ****ting in!!!!

It seems that young people have much more inhibitions about their bodies now than used to be the case. I notice that in changing rooms they often change using towels , perhaps that is why they don't like urinals either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Paulownia wrote: »
    It seems that young people have much more inhibitions about their bodies now than used to be the case. I notice that in changing rooms they often change using towels , perhaps that is why they don't like urinals either

Funny I never look at them to see if they are using towels or not :rolleyes:

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Funny I never look at them to see if they are using towels or not :rolleyes:

I must try changing with my eyes shut next time !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I have one at home .Great invention .It has a photo electric cell built in ,and flushes automatically when used.I also put in stuff to keep the smell away .

Advertisement