Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coppers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I've contacted Boards HQ to enquire about the movie rights to this thread.

Coppers takes longer to fill up on a Sunday, when it busied the natural order was restored. The end.

I can take being called a sap for being on my phone, but the place was empty except for over eager heavy birds and when I went to check the number for Uber cabs on my phone boards was open in my browser. I thought I could have one of those Josheph Gordon Levitt moments where ScarJo is also surfing boards and finds herself in coppers on a sunday because of a series of her own unfortunate circumstances.

What I can't take is people having digs at my shirt.

http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/product/wadsworth-classic-oxford-shirt-10000477701

It's a perfectly reasonable wine shirt which I expertly accessorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

Did you get the shift though??

Cormac... wrote: »
    • 1am

Coppers was empty at 1am on a Sunday, it's a late club and a classic venue, even though it lacks 'class'
    • Pink Shirt

Wine, but pink looks well on me.
    • Smartphone

We all have them/check them when we get a gap.
    • Thinks he's the best looking lad there

I objectively was
    • Coppers
    • Budweiser

Snobbery
    • Posting on Boards

it was open in my browser
    • Cheeky grin

Just had my teeth whitened
    • Alone (as if a friend of mine was posting $hit like this on his phone with me opposite him, I'd make sure he stays alone)

Friends were getting drinks/pissing I was drunk enough and have an iron bladder
    • Looking for a slim woman

I'm generally a nice guy and accepting of just about every flaw but I abhor fatties
    • Looking for a girl/woman from a nice area

Obviously, in case things developed past your typical pump and dump

Wow, just wow, I'd say the women were lining up alright.

Well no, but when I make the approach they don't turn away

If you were actually the best looking lad there, you wouldn't be Pleading randomers online to talk to you

I was and I did

You must be rightly ashamed of this thread.

I've done worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I thought I could have one of those Josheph Gordon Levitt moments where ScarJo is also surfing boards and finds herself in coppers on a sunday because of a series of her own unfortunate circumstances.

Did you now?

Good for you buddy. Keep on dreaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Coppers takes longer to fill up on a Sunday, when it busied the natural order was restored. The end.

I can take being called a sap for being on my phone, but the place was empty except for over eager heavy birds and when I went to check the number for Uber cabs on my phone boards was open in my browser. I thought I could have one of those Josheph Gordon Levitt moments where ScarJo is also surfing boards and finds herself in coppers on a sunday because of a series of her own unfortunate circumstances.

http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/product/wadsworth-classic-oxford-shirt-10000477701

Maybe I am getting old, but how do you accessorise (sic) a shirt? Are there some new fangled attachments that I haven't heard of or do you mean you wore a tie?

• Advertisement

johnty56 wrote: »
    Maybe I am getting old, but how do you accessorise (sic) a shirt? Are there some new fangled attachments that I haven't heard of or do you mean you wore a tie?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/accessorise
    ac·ces·sor·ize (k-ss-rz)
    v. ac·ces·sor·ized, ac·ces·sor·iz·ing, ac·ces·sor·iz·es
    v.tr.
    To furnish with accessories: accessorized my outfit with a matching watch.
    v.intr.

To wear or select accessories: accessorizes according to the latest fashions.

I wore a watch with a wine coloured face and a brown leather strap, which matched my boots which matched my belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Jaysus lad, take that yoke off before you come in the haggart gate, dont the bull see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Works for me. Well OP. Forget my username. We could be an item........

auldgranny wrote: »
    Works for me. Well OP. Forget my username. We could be an item........

Quick review of your posting history reveals you're a female into football who looks after herself which sounds great to me but you also have a husband so I'll have to forget about you soz xox

Quick review of your posting history reveals you're a female into football who looks after herself which sounds great to me but you also have a husband so I'll have to forget about you soz xox

Impressed you checked history, young lad. Good luck with the love life. X X X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/accessorise

I wore a watch with a wine coloured face and a brown leather strap, which matched my boots which matched my belt.

I think I know a couple of nearby establishments that would be better suited to your type than Coppers. They're both on George's Street.

I think I know a couple of nearby establishments that would be better suited to you than Coppers. They're both on George's Street.

Don't like it as an answer usualky but......*Snort*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is holy god still with the sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

I think I know a couple of nearby establishments that would be better suited to your type than Coppers. They're both on George's Street.

it's funny cos you're implying he's gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Eden Hazard wouldn't have this problem

Calling someone gay as an insult

Eden Hazard wouldn't have this problem

He's rich and successful but being 5'7'' still has to sting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

So coppers is the place to be now? Back when I was young(er) it was get them across the bonnet of a car in the car park of the bees knees or the county club and hope to get a lift home from someone that knew ya just as you finished. Now that was classy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The awkward moment you still need the Internet to pull even when you're in coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

One does not simply go on the internet whilst in Coppers, unless one is truly, profoundly inept at seduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So coppers is the place to be now? Back when I was young(er) it was get them across the bonnet of a car in the car park of the bees knees or the county club and hope to get a lift home from someone that knew ya just as you finished. Now that was classy!

No. Coppers is not the place to be. It's dirty, smelly, stuffy, sweaty, dark, overcrowded and a vodka and coke costs seven euro.

Coppers is highly over rated. Yeah you'll get the shift but the place is a meat market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    No. Coppers is not the place to be. It's dirty, smelly, stuffy, sweaty, dark, overcrowded and a vodka and coke costs seven euro.

Coppers is highly over rated. Yeah you'll get the shift but the place is a meat market.

You say that like its a bad thing. Shame on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Foggy Lad ah you're bringing back fond memories of being young and getting the shift in The Vortex

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I'm the best looking lad in coppers right now but everyone else her is a fat bird or a townie, if you're half decent looking and from a nice area come find me in the wine coloured shirt with the cheeky grin

That you Kim-Jong-Un?

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I cringe when I hear the reverence this place is lauded in, you would think it were the only nightclub in Dublin where craic would be had.
    Pointing out how mad it is reminds me of that Graham Norton priest on Fr. Ted going on about heroin.
    It's sad & childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

foggy_lad wrote: »

Sweet jeebus theirs a blast from the past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It's sad & childish.

but enough about the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What are you doing in coppers in the first place if your looking for good looking women !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What are you doing in coppers in the first place if your looking for good looking women !!!!!!!!

They has the magic lights that make them all look great :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

Back in the day it was pernod and blackcurrant or white lemonade and a pint
    MsBubbles wrote: »
    Foggy Lad ah you're bringing back fond memories of being young and getting the shift in The Vortex
    There was always more action in the carpark or out the front at kicking out time than ever happened inside and the Bees Knees was famous for the action on the street outside:D David and Goliath battles with Giants of men brought down by much smaller but smarter adversaries as well as full blown riots with patrons and Gardai all rolled into the one pile of flailing arms fists batons and feet.

Advertisement