Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between English fry and Irish fry?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I had one or two of those canned fry-ups when I was at uni.

They are not good. Even when hungover.

Great when fishing though. I used to get the Full Monty ones, open the top and stick it straight on the trangier stove. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Great when fishing though. I used to get the Full Monty ones, open the top and stick it straight on the trangier stove. Beautiful.

I'd sooner eat the fishing bait. The only thing I can think of which is as bad is the Stag chilli in a can.

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'd sooner eat the fishing bait. The only thing I can think of which is as bad is the Stag chilli in a can.

Never seen Fray Bentos pie in a can?

What can only be described as Winalot wrapped in pastry and sealed in a tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Those Fray Bentos pies are my guiltiest of guilty pleasures.

Steak & Vegetable, tin of beans, tin of new potatoes.....

*drools into keyboard*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Ye are some sick men. My body would shut down in protest if I even dreamt of eating that sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Ally Dick wrote: »
    English think bacon should be salted to sh!t and their grandiose sausage types like cumberland are horrible. Galtee and Denny beat any British brands hands down

Probably 2 of the worst brands of sausages in Ireland

nm wrote: »
    Their sausages aren't anywhere near as good though
    Cant bate the aul superquinn sausies
    ps: beans have no place in breakfast

Yes, you can. Hicks, Paul Rankin and Tesco Finest are just 3 off the top of my head that are better, and that is before I mention butcher sausages.
    Superquinn sausages, just like that other overrated brand, Tayto, are just loved by some simply because they are Irish.

Never seen Fray Bentos pie in a can?

What can only be described as Winalot wrapped in pastry and sealed in a tin.

Haven't had one of them in years. They weren't too bad that I can remember, though I did eat some crap when I was growing up, those frozen pizzas that cost 50p or whatever from Quinnsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Superquinn sausages, just like that other overrated brand, Tayto, are just loved by some simply because they are Irish.

Thats SuperValue sausages dont forget. :P
    Haven't had one of them in years. They weren't too bad that I can remember, though I did eat some crap when I was growing up, those frozen pizzas that cost 50p or whatever from Quinnsworth.

Oh god were they the small ones that came 5 in a bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Irish Fry: Normal Pork Sausages (Dennys, Galtee)
    English Fry Some weird white freak sausage with thyme and basil and crap in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Eutow wrote: »
    Yes, you can. Hicks, Paul Rankin and Tesco Finest are just 3 off the top of my head that are better, and that is before I mention butcher sausages.

Tesco finest are absolutely gash, nothing fine about them at all. And Hicks are ok but still definitely inferior taste-wise to Superquinns.
    Saying 'butcher sausages' is like saying 'shop meat', what butcher, and where do these butchers get this hallowed sausage meat?
    The butcher by me has brutal sausages.

King are a better crisp than Tayto though, I'll give your post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

nm wrote: »
    Tesco finest are absolutely gash, nothing fine about them at all. And Hicks are ok but still definitely inferior taste-wise to Superquinns.
    Saying 'butcher sausages' is like saying 'shop meat', what butcher, and where do these butchers get this hallowed sausage meat?
    The butcher by me has brutal sausages.

King are a better crisp than Tayto though, I'll give your post that.

Not living in Ireland, but when living there, O'Gormans in Ranelagh (butcher no longer exists), and O' Donovans in Rathgar would be two places I can remember.

Superquinn/Supervalue are just bland. They shrink by about 50% when cooked and I feel they are overrated compared to other sausages I have eaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm telling you goys, If i was going to be eating fry's it better be a boutique, handmade fry that came from artisan pigs and served with a good pot of loose assam tea leaves that were curated by a food celebrity, none your bagged floor sweepings that people in this country seem to love

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm telling you goys, If i was going to be eating fry's it better be a boutique, handmade fry that came from artisan pigs and served with a good pot of loose assam tea leaves that were curated by a food celebrity, none your bagged floor sweepings that people in this country seem to love

That'll be the corner note cafe in Dalkey then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

That'll be the corner note cafe in Dalkey then.

It is a very good breakfast though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Galtee and Denny sausages are cheap muck.

If you said Olhausen or superquinn then fair enough, but those two?

No. Just no.

You're probably right. Superquinn are a step above. Not sure about Olhausen though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I'd feckin murder a fry... I'm just after eating...

Advertisement