Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc Day 5th Oct 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Perhaps. But I'm not one to play the coulda, shoulda.woulda game All I know is that the racing media must stop with the Japanese obsession. Deep Impact,Orfevre,El condor pasa,Just a way,Gold Ship. how many more of the
    "Horse of a lifetime" types do we need to see hit the wall in the Arc before they realize that they are not up for the task ? I saw all I've needed to see when Orfevre literally Stopped running before the line.

The Japs will never win the Arc as long as their own jockeys are riding them. If Yutaka Take is worshipped as a superstar in Japan, then it doesn't say much for the rest of them.

Granted, Soumillon was on Orfevre, but he was an absolute monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

mailburner wrote: »
    class
    ryan moore

Man's a machine. Give him a million a year and get him to Ballydoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Didn't someone come on here after Treve lost at Royal Ascot and said that settles it Zarkava was better :pac: such an absolutely moronic statement especially since Zarkava never ran at four.

I don't think words can really describe just how hard it is to win back to back Arcs. Treve must go down as one of the greatest of all time. Indisputably

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Didn't someone come on here after Treve lost at Royal Ascot and said that settles it Zarkava was better :pac: such an absolutely moronic statement especially since Zarkava never ran at four.

I don't think words can really describe just how hard it is to win back to back Arcs. Treve must go down as one of the greatest of all time. Indisputably

Treve beats Zarkava, no doubt about that. Not even at her best today. What a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

Pure class on Display at Long Champ. Dr.Bolger shakes the hand of Dr.O'brien after he wins the Marcell and the other Fella in shot needs no introduction the world over. That's Lester Piggott who was on hand to see if Jarnet and Treve could Pull off what He and Alleged did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

How much did she have in hand?

What a superstar, and an impeccable training performance to get the two in a row up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Man's a machine. Give him a million a year and get him to Ballydoyle.
    +1

Ballydoyle are the pre-eminent breeders of horses in the world. By not having the best jockey in the world on their horses, they're not giving the horses the best chance and are thus damaging the reputation of their operation. If they have Moore as their stable jockey they will make their investment back on his retainer in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

+1

Ballydoyle are the pre-eminent breeders of horses in the world. By not having the best jockey in the world on their horses, they're not giving the horses the best chance and are thus damaging the reputation of their operation. If they have Moore as their stable jockey they will make their investment back on his retainer in spades.

To be fair you can't keep somebody who isn't willing to be kept. Ryan has made it clear that he prefers the free lance approach and is not interested in ridding in Ireland out side of the big races. with 95% of Coolmores' top string in Ireland its hard to get him. besides the last 3 stable riders quit becuse they couldn't handle the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

To be fair you can't keep somebody who isn't willing to be kept. Ryan has made it clear that he prefers the free lance approach and is not interested in ridding in Ireland out side of the big races. with 95% of Coolmores' top string in Ireland its hard to get him. besides the last 3 stable riders quit becuse they couldn't handle the pressure.
    I'm sure you can structure the contract in such a way that Joseph could handle the bread and butter stuff that Moore doesn't care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

he has said before he aint willing to commit overseas due to his young family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pure class on Display at Long Champ. Dr.Bolger shakes the hand of Dr.O'brien after he wins the Marcell and the other Fella in shot needs no introduction the world over. That's Lester Piggott who was on hand to see if Jarnet and Treve could Pull off what He and Alleged did.

People who receive honorary doctorates shouldn't be addressed as "Doctor". It's not advocated by the awarding universities.

Advertisement