Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc Day 5th Oct 2014

Options
  • 04-10-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Am I losing my mind or is Cotai Glory going to blitz them in the prix L'abbaye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

And for what its worth, Treve for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Not from 16 he won't. Moviesta has put up some good speed figures this year and could go well from four I reckon. Think it was more than just the trip that beat Sole Power the last day and he could be over the top having been on the go since march

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Anyone give maarek a chance. 25s seems decent value. Gd draw. What chance some soft in the going description?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A drunk double Sole Poewer and The wow Signal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Lads, there's been a small bit of rain but not enough to beat the Boards hero. 5f, good ground, back the legend Sole Power. And when you're finished backing, back him some more. Have also put him in a fourfold with Wise Dan (won tonight), Wow Signal & Rebel Fitz.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Lads, there's been a small bit of rain but not enough to beat the Boards hero. 5f, good ground, back the legend Sole Power. And when you're finished backing, back him some more. Have also put him in a fourfold with Wise Dan (won tonight), Wow Signal & Rebel Fitz.

Yep. Looks like gd ground. Have been trying to find someone to beat sole power at a bit of value. Have given up. 5/2 just too tempting. Sole power for me 4 pts win.

Doing treve in arc with small saver on rtw.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Going to do ruler of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

1:00 - Stepper Point (11/1) - But for the horrific draw, I would probably be going for Catcall. Stepper Point looks one of the next best on form, got a nice draw, got experience around the track and running this kind of race going very close on several occasions. 7 year old's do not have a good record in this race, hence my reason for opposing Sole Power.

1:35 - Ervedya (10/3) - Don't see how the O'Brien horse can be favourite given what it's done. Ervedya and Jack Naylor have the more proven form and success at listed/group status. Decided on Ervdya on the back on its last performance when I thought it stayed on well at the close in a group 1, step up in trip today should suit.

2:10 - Gleneagles (11/4) - Would not be looking past the first three in the betting here and even at that Full Mast should be short of the mark. Race has historically been an O'Brien benefit race, but not so much in recent years. Think in Gleneagles though, they have one that can beat the favourite, especially if War Envoy can be used tactically.

• Advertisement

3:30 - Tapestry (16/1) - Extremely tricky Arc field to choose from. Don't understand why the Japanese horses are among the favourites. Other than Just A Way who won at Meydan, there's no telling in how well they've traveled. Ectot, Tapestry and Treve are on my shortlist. For the Moore factor alone, who managed to grind out the win over Taghrooda last time out I have to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Harp Star for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Francie I wouldn't be so dismissive of Found, for the filly to go so close in a gr.1 on her second start in what was a very strong race is very promising. That single run is stronger than any of Jack Naylor's form, put up a better speed figure in two starts than she has in several too.

This is probably my favorite meeting of the year bar Cheltenham. Raging I can't be there this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I have no idea who I'm gonna back in the big one, but regardless, I'll be getting a tasty price!
    7's the field, did not expect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I was utterly convinced Maarek would with the Abbaye last year but can't really see it happening this year. Ground probably too quick and yard wanted to get another run into him before the race.

28/1 too big about him though and would be utterly over the moon if he won as love him to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Away from that, I like Avernir Certain in the big one and think The Wow Signal is an unbelievable price at 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Sole Power, Gleneagles, Flintshire.

Sole Power Sole Power Sole Power

Sick enough!

Jesus got no run. Best horse by a mile nowhere to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

talk about having to sit and suffer, no run of any description
    safe enough to say with luck sole wouldve won that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

The most biased race I have ever seen. You don't really any chance if you're a hold up horse. Sole Power was surrounded and had no chance of any gap. I wonder should they have changed tactics and be near the lead at the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The most biased race I have ever seen. You don't really any chance if you're a hold up horse. Sole Power was surrounded and had no chance of any gap. I wonder should they have changed tactics and be near the lead at the off.

The horse has to sit and wait, the only reason he has won any race is his turn of pace inside the last furlong or two. The risk of getting blocked in traffic is just a neccesary evil and is usually built into his price (although not today, cant believe he started at 13-8)

Hughes says the horse didn't want to take the gap. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Backed Ectot and Just A Way in the Arc, very happy with the prices and would have loved to back another half dozen in it. At this stage I fear Ruler Of The World with his staying power and great draw may get to the front and be very hard to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Prince Jock 3.10
    20-1 ew
    Finished strong last time out, think it can win here.

gotta be the wow signal here surely, hard not to be confident

christ!

that was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems to me the horse beside Glenegales drifted well before Gleneagles even touched him, and that it was the horse beside Glen that squeezed out the horse on the rail .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

mailburner wrote: »
    christ!

that was bad
    the two French jocks shat themselves
    could go either way

Advertisement