Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc Day 5th Oct 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pinesky wrote: »
    the two French jocks shat themselves
    could go either way

That Jockey beside Glen took action when he should have held his ground, can clearly see it in replay. Plus that action he took invited Gleneagles to drift more.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

That Jockey beside Glen took action when he should have held his ground, can clearly see it in replay. Plus that action he took invited Gleneagles to drift more.
    Agree with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

another disaster for joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

mailburner wrote: »
    another disaster for joe
    Yep, that's 3 Gp1s that his presence on board has lost this year. Tapestry in the Irish Oaks, Australia in the Irish Champion and Gleneagles today. Those Gp1s don't grow on trees.

Clearly a home decision . Clever french jockey making a mountain out of a molehill. The jockey that veered into horse on rail because Gleneagles came within 3 feet of him gets the race.

• Advertisement

Just a way 8/1 ew for me

win singles on treve and ruler at 14s+16s purely for the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Am I crazy I really like tapestry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just backed Flintshire e/w, didnt get the ground last year, but it should be a help today.

Avenir Certain for me. 3.30 & Dolniya EW

stretchaq wrote: »
    Am I crazy I really like tapestry!!!
    Nah, you're not crazy, I like Chiquita as well and Ivanhowe.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

C'mon Ectot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Well that was phenomenal.
    Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just backed Flintshire e/w, didnt get the ground last year, but it should be a help today.

2nd at 18-1, i'll take that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The best filly ever... What a training performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The price of a few pints.

05/10/2014 Single To Win Treve @ 11/1 (GP)
    Win or E/W
    15:30 PRIX DE L'ARC DE TRIOMPHE (GROUP 1) 1m 3f 204yds Pending €3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Great filly, but a mess of a race.

Treve got a lot of luck there. Whole field went wide and in doing so gave many lengths away .

Treve got a lot of luck there. Whole field went wide and in doing so gave many lengths away .

different class
    rest were playing for places regardless how the race panned out

A really cracking horse, one of the all time greats, delighted she won and it was a high quality field, but the draw fkd up an awful lot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

She was lucky in regards to the draw, in the race itself she was the class act.

12 to 1 seems bonkers considering she was half that before her last race which was little more than a jog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

Well chaps, Let that be a lesson to you ALL.NEVER BUY INTO THE JAPANESE HYPE. Highest rated horse in the world was he ? LOL

4.25 Kumbeshwar

back in action for a new trainer, few pound around for it
    could be significant

• Registered Users Posts: 18 arsenalfh

Well chaps, Let that be a lesson to you ALL.NEVER BUY INTO THE JAPANESE HYPE. Highest rated horse in the world was he ? LOL

If Ryan Moore was on Harp Star he would have given Treve at least something to think about.

arsenalfh wrote: »
    If Ryan Moore was on Harp Star he would have given Treve at least something to think about.

Perhaps. But I'm not one to play the coulda, shoulda.woulda game All I know is that the racing media must stop with the Japanese obsession. Deep Impact,Orfevre,El condor pasa,Just a way,Gold Ship. how many more of the
    "Horse of a lifetime" types do we need to see hit the wall in the Arc before they realize that they are not up for the task ? I saw all I've needed to see when Orfevre literally Stopped running before the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

agree re jap hype,you must remember they have a horrendous trip over to France and they jockeys aint the most experienced race riding in Europe. There is also a differnece with a japanese g1 and a french g1 - class

agree re jap hype,you must remember they have a horrendous trip over to France and they jockeys aint the most experienced race riding in Europe. There is also a differnece with a japanese g1 and a french g1 - class

A lot of people don't know this but for the exception of the Japan cup turf, Japan cup Dirt and maybe two other G1's most G1 races in Japan are limited to outside horses and are Kept only for Japanese bred,trained and or Japanese owned horses. so most of the time the competition is dull and repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

A lot of people don't know this but for the exception of the Japan cup turf, Japan cup Dirt and maybe two other G1's most G1 races in Japan are limited to outside horses and are Kept only for Japanese bred,trained and or Japanese owned horses. so most of the time the competition is dull and repetitive

learn something new everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

She's so lucky that she's won 2 Arcs. I'd love to have that kind of luck.

Was it 5 lengths last year? 2 or so today. That's a whole bundle of luck alright.

And all the other muppets going wide!!

Perhaps. But I'm not one to play the coulda, shoulda.woulda game All I know is that the racing media must stop with the Japanese obsession. Deep Impact,Orfevre,El condor pasa,Just a way,Gold Ship. how many more of the
    "Horse of a lifetime" types do we need to see hit the wall in the Arc before they realize that they are not up for the task ? I saw all I've needed to see when Orfevre literally Stopped running before the line.
    JHC, you're unbelievable. Deep Impact was the hype horse and given his record he was entitled to be, strictly from a Japanese POV, as was Orfevre who at an OR of 125 wasn't quite good enough on the book to win an Arc, he still managed to finish second twice, only beaten by the ground behind Solemia and only beaten by the superstar Treve last year. Deep Impact did finish a close 3rd in his Arc. El Condor Pasa almost held on from the mighty Montjeu and even the mighty Montjeu at OR 135 couldn't win a second Arc off that rating. The 22/1 shot Nakayama Festa just went down a head to Workforce.

Today Harp Star ran a cracking race from a terrible draw and Just A Way from a poor draw stayed on well ( note stayed on which you said he wouldn't do "Held up in midfield, ridden on rail 2f out, stayed on, switched left final furlong and finished quite well but never able to challenge" ). Maybe he's not the horse his official rating says he is, but that's the Official Handicappers view of his previous performances and nothing to do with any media hype, if anything the horse got little media hype for this race and Harp Star was the more talked about Japanese prospect. Just to set the record straight on what I said about the horse.
    tryfix wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind him being off the track since June or not having a prep race, the 2,000 Guineas for instance is regularly won by horses who haven't raced for over 6 months against horses who've had the advantage of Trial races. The part I'd worry about with him is taking his 130 rating too seriously. As a 5yo he suddenly improved from 123 to 130 because he won the Dubai Duty Free. Still he has some very impressive form in Japan, though he has no 12f or 11f wins to his name and hasn't a stout pedigree, he's much improved this year and has being staying on strongly in 9 and 10F races. He's still worth a nibble at the 8/1 available because his recent form is top class and his price will disappear long before race day.

• Advertisement

class
    ryan moore

Advertisement