Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Post Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Juan Perez is not a power hitter. Wade Davis went 84 innings this year and hasn't given up a single HR

Perez just went 3inches from a homer to score 2 runs in the 8 th, most unlikely play in baseball? You gotta say after being in tears over Taveras he was really up for that at bat. Magnificent hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Devastating news.

Had the potential to be one of the best.

Was slowly getting into the rhythm of the Bigs. Only did this a few weeks ago:

http://m.mlb.com/stl/video/topic/6479266/v36800103/nlcs-gm2-taveras-hits-pinchhit-gametying-home-run

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Gutted Joe Maddon won't be joining the Dodgers. Clubhouse needs a fresh perspective. Mattingly's been there too long to change the whole ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

6-0 with one out in the second. Think we might be having a game 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    6-0 with one out in the second. Think we might be having a game 7.
    Yep, what an inning by them, lots of great at bats!

Ventura has a comfortable lead to work with now. Bochy probably saves his best pitching (i.e. Bumgarner) until the morrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Coeus wrote: »
    Yep, what an inning by them, lots of great at bats!

Ventura has a comfortable lead to work with now. Bochy probably saves his best pitching (i.e. Bumgarner) until the morrow.

I think he will have Hudson on a very short leash with Bumgarner in the bullpen. Could he go 7+ innings on 2 days rest? KC looking like strong favorites now.

I watched the last WS Game 7 at 30,000 feet on a JetBlue plane. Only time I've ever been annoying that the plane was landing.

Cannot let Hudson put Bumgardner in the same hole that Peavy put Petit last night.

Game 7, exciting times :)

Have to agree the Royals have the advantage being at home. Bullpens will be key if the starters get chased...Bochy is saying Bumgarner is good for 50-60 pitches...Yost saying when he goes to the bullpen it will be for Herrera then Davis and go long with them. Go Royals!

Giants going to have to do more than that. Cannot let this game get to the bullpen.

Would people have started Bumgardner?

Giants going to have to do more than that. Cannot let this game get to the bullpen.

Would people have started Bumgardner?
    Think I start Hudson and hope I don't have to use him. He is on extremely short rest, risking injury if he pushes it and if he doesn't have it the loss could be on him. That would be a shame after his outstanding performances in games 1 & 5...

• Advertisement

Think I start Hudson and hope I don't have to use him. He is on extremely short rest, risking injury if he pushes it and if he doesn't have it the loss could be on him. That would be a shame after his outstanding performances in games 1 & 5...

I would have been very tempted, but obviously the arguments not to are very strong.

After the first inning I don't think it will be long before we see him. Hudson had 5 straight balls at one stage.

Hudson done. It was clear from the start he wasn't going to last.

Hudson done. It was clear from the start he wasn't going to last.
    Would have thought he would have been able to hold it together, being a vet and a guy with plenty of post season experience. With him been chased this early, we are sure to see Bumgarner now...

Here he comes. Bumgarner either clinches MVP or blows this.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Giants world champs!!. Well what a performance by Madison Bumgarner. I was getting nervous after that triple with 1 out left but that man is cool as ice. Surely the best pitching performance over the course of a WS. Beast of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Giants world champs!!. Well what a performance by Madison Bumgarner. I was getting nervous after that triple with 1 out left but that man is cool as ice. Surely the best pitching performance over the course of a WS. Beast of a man.

Unreal performance. He was literally the reason they won. Not the only reason but if you take him out of there they don't win, plain and simple! some stat of in the four games that they won, they got 108 outs and he got 66 of them or something crazy like that!

Madison Bumgarner, WOW! I did not expect to wake up this morning and see SV beside his name in the box score. Most have been the easiest MVP to pick in a long time, he more or less won 3 of the Giants 4 games. Hope he shows no ill effects of his monumental postseason next year. Oh and congrats to the Giants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Great performance from Bumgarner. Crazy to think he's been one of the best pitchers in a WS ever and now has 3 rings and he's only 25!

I tried watching it last night but dozed off around the 5th and when I woke up again they were interviewing him on the field so I missed his outing completely.

How many days to opening day 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Great performance from Bumgarner. Crazy to think he's been one of the best pitchers in a WS ever and now has 3 rings and he's only 25!

I tried watching it last night but dozed off around the 5th and when I woke up again they were interviewing him on the field so I missed his outing completely.

Yeah and that's the same with Posey as both were rookies in 2010. Crazy success that young!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

If I've calculated correctly - 188; April 6.

My maths isn't great - I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭boccy23

My 6/1 on the Giants came in. Awesome by Baumgardner but overall, it was a great series. Hats off to KC for making it so competitive. Lets hope that all their young players can push on now for this experience and in this window they have before Cubs/Yanks/Dodgers/Sox ravage their roster, that they can win another pennant.

Giants won it with a one-man rotation.

The Chevy guy last night killed me. So unbelievably awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

boccy23 wrote: »
    My 6/1 on the Giants came in. Awesome by Baumgardner but overall, it was a great series. Hats off to KC for making it so competitive. Lets hope that all their young players can push on now for this experience and in this window they have before Cubs/Yanks/Dodgers/Sox ravage their roster, that they can win another pennant.

My wife got 16/1 on the Giants. Pity she only put a euro on it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Landed in the US at 7.45 last night, straight to the pub! Tense game but Bumgardner deserved the victory for the way he pitched.

Great series in fairness!

Go back and watch it. A performance for the ages.

Go back and watch it. A performance for the ages.

That's the plan for this evening for sure

By the way, A-Rod's suspension ended last night so technically he's back so let the circus recommence!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

mod9maple wrote: »
    If I've calculated correctly - 188; April 6.

My maths isn't great - I'm open to correction.

I'll correct you so :) You included an extra month, it's only 158 days thankfully.

Watching the re-run now, fantastic performance by Bumgarner. When I saw he got the save I assumed he'd pitched one inning. I saw somewhere that the Giants starters excluding Bumgarner had an ERA of 9.92!

By the way, A-Rod's suspension ended last night so technically he's back so let the circus recommence!
    I think we need an off season thread to discuss such matters :)

I watched the rerun earlier aswell, anyone else think Gordon should have been waved home in the 9th. I think he might have made it, at the very least it would have taken a very good defensive play to get him out...

• Advertisement

I watched the rerun earlier aswell, anyone else think Gordon should have been waved home in the 9th. I think he might have made it, at the very least it would have taken a very good defensive play to get him out...

Lot of discussion on that today. I think the general consensus was that he would have been out by miles but due to the pressure of the moment, anything could have happened and there could have been a bad throw etc.

Advertisement