Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Post Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Detroit are in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Detroit are in trouble.

Apparently that's Cruz' 8th HR in 9 playoff games v Detroit.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Is this game blocked on mlb.tv? Im getting a black out restriction for this area.

Is this game blocked on mlb.tv? Im getting a black out restriction for this area.

When I select a game to watch it gives me the option of the U.S. feed or the International one. Is there a chance you're being diverted to the US one?

When I select a game to watch it gives me the option of the U.S. feed or the International one. Is there a chance you're being diverted to the US one?

I dont think so. I just tried it on 2 different devices says some games are blocked in countries outside of US and Canada. I'v never seen it happen before. Its been working fine for all other playoff games.

• Advertisement

I dont think so. I just tried it on 2 different devices says some games are blocked in countries outside of US and Canada. I'v never seen it happen before. Its been working fine for all other playoff games.

That's strange. I'm on the iPad and had no problems once I selected International.

EDIT - just checked and there was an update to the app in the last day or so that 'fixed issues for international users'. Is there a chance your device is using an older version?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Detroit are in trouble.

A hint of a pulse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

A hint of a pulse now.
    Woke the crowd up anyway and gives us an exciting finish...

Coeus wrote: »
    Woke the crowd up anyway and gives us an exciting finish...

Ah well. Not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Ah well. Not to be.
    Buck Showalter showing why he'll be AL manager of the year.

Mike Trout showing why he'll be this years AL MVP. What a bomb to start but I think the Angels will need to hit tonight with CJ on the mound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

That went as well as could possibly have been hoped for. A sweep to keep the starters fresh and KC winning to ensure the O's get home field advantage in the ALCS.

Maybe, just maybe....:D

That's strange. I'm on the iPad and had no problems once I selected International.

EDIT - just checked and there was an update to the app in the last day or so that 'fixed issues for international users'. Is there a chance your device is using an older version?

This. The iPad app kept blocking me out until I updated it. The Windows 8 app still won't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

I think the O's will win the AL and it will be an orange WS with the Giants winning through.

Really impressed with the Royals, but think that the O's will be too strong for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

boccy23 wrote: »
    I think the O's will win the AL and it will be an orange WS with the Giants winning through.

Really impressed with the Royals, but think that the O's will be too strong for them.

I agree with O's but I can't look past the winners of Dodgers v Cards for the WS title, both have the rotation to excel in a World Series

*rushes off to check the odds....

EDIT: Cardinals are 8/1! I'm all over that!

Good result for the Cards last night.
    Now going against Kershaw with 3 days rest.
    Strange decision by Donnie Baseball. Would have thought he would have kept him for Game 5. IIRC he was slapped around last year by the Cards on short rest as well.

Good result for the Cards last night.
    Now going against Kershaw with 3 days rest.
    Strange decision by Donnie Baseball. Would have thought he would have kept him for Game 5. IIRC he was slapped around last year by the Cards on short rest as well.

Yeah I agree. They have to win both games 4 and 5 and Kershaw can only pitch one of them so it makes sense to put him out there on full rest.

It looks like over-managing again and caring what the press/fans will say if he sits game 4 and they lose.

EDIT - or they want to pitch Greinke in game 5 as opposed to Haren as it has just ben pointed out to me. D'oh!

8-10 wrote: »
    I agree with O's but I can't look past the winners of Dodgers v Cards for the WS title, both have the rotation to excel in a World Series

*rushes off to check the odds....

EDIT: Cardinals are 8/1! I'm all over that!

Bet that 8/1 looks real good now!
    Nats are at 15/2 at the moment. With Voglesong pitching for SF tonight and Lincecum probably his releif I can only see this heading back to DC all square with Zimmerman or Strasbourg to pitch in the decider. Unfortunately I think Giants missed their opportunity last night with Bumgarner making a poor error throwing to 3rd on what should have been routine bunt and throw to 1st. If the Nats do come through this and their starting pitching has looked very strong in this series (despite losing 2 of 3) I think that 15/2 will look very nice.

Bet that 8/1 looks real good now!

Sure does, happy I got that on but long way to go. Also took a punt on Wainwright to be MVP @ 30/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Well that was a shock. I thought that Kershaw was pitching very well (as he always does I suppose) and to get tagged like that was a complete surprise. What odds would you have gotten on Kershaw losing two matches in the NLDS before the start!?

Two slightly "shock" teams left in the AL while it's a familiar feeling in the NL with the Cardinals and Giants being so successful the past 5-6 years.

I don't agree with it being a shock. Same thing happened last year. Kershaw lost on 3 days rest to the Cards. It's more deja vu than shock for me.
    The Giants win on even years, 2010, 2012... So I expect them to win it again!!

Seriously, I think the AL is straight forward. O's have the more complete team, a defense which should limit the Royals running game and enough offense.

In the NL, I will stick by the Giants. They have the best manager and at this time of the year, that pays off. Not sure it counts as much during the 162 game season, but definitely in the post season. He has no issues with trying different things such as bringing Timmy in from the pen a couple of years ago.

Would love to see how Bochy matches against Buck in the WS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I don't agree with it being a shock. Same thing happened last year. Kershaw lost on 3 days rest to the Cards. It's more deja vu than shock for me.
    The Giants win on even years, 2010, 2012... So I expect them to win it again!!

Seriously, I think the AL is straight forward. O's have the more complete team, a defense which should limit the Royals running game and enough offense.

In the NL, I will stick by the Giants. They have the best manager and at this time of the year, that pays off. Not sure it counts as much during the 162 game season, but definitely in the post season. He has no issues with trying different things such as bringing Timmy in from the pen a couple of years ago.

Would love to see how Bochy matches against Buck in the WS.

Yeah I suppose but I was more saying it was a "shock" that when Kershaw got into that position he couldn't close it out -- a failing he had in game 1 too.

That said the better team won oevr the series, they had the clutch hits in the opportune times which made the difference.

The O's have the better team but the Royals have built up a fair amount of momentum now, hopefully two game 7s on the cards (see what I did there - awful pun!)

After my earlier post saying that the Nats were going to stroll through the playoffs and easily pick up the title, I'm now passing the kiss of death to St. Louis and Baltimore who I reckon will win their league series match ups

I'm still sticking by the Orange WS with the O's and Giants.

Royals are something else. Have won 8 postseason games straight going back to 1985 WS. Very impressive again tonight closing out a tight game.

The O's were my pick for the WS from the start of the playoffs, that pick isn't looking great now. Fair play to the Royals though, would be nice to see them win the WS.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Breaking news:the ALCS game 3 has been postponed and moved to tomorrow.

Not 2014 playoff related but today's the anniversary of the Bartman game in Chicago. If you haven't seen it you should check out the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary 'Catching Hell'.

3 days in a row with games at 9pm our time. It feels like we're getting spoilt. By 9 tonight, Ireland should already be getting hammered by Germany so it'll be easy to justify turning over to the baseball.

Rays GM going to the Dodgers. So going from a team with the lowest payroll to the team with the biggest! That'll be fun for him. He won't know himself

• Advertisement

3 days in a row with games at 9pm our time. It feels like we're getting spoilt. By 9 tonight, Ireland should already be getting hammered by Germany so it'll be easy to justify turning over to the baseball.

Well that didn't happen! Eventually turned over though, game on now!

Advertisement