Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

olaola wrote: »
    DIY. Getting the stupid o'clock flight out to Salzburg. We'll have fluorescent orange hoodies - you won't be able to miss us!

I've been at the airport since stupid o'clock. Really need some sleep before getting on the mountain today. Still snowing in Austria?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

70cm and 2 days to go of the same looking like we we have well over 1.5 meters this is at 1,000meters at 3,200 it is even heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭prunudo

Fattes wrote: »
    70cm and 2 days to go of the same looking like we we have well over 1.5 meters this is at 1,000meters at 3,200 it is even heavier

I think it's safe to say you can put the clothes back on and save the naked snow dances till next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

DIY. Getting the stupid o'clock flight out to Salzburg. We'll have fluorescent orange hoodies - you won't be able to miss us!

You will be in the air before we are in the airport
    Flying to memmingen ourselves and back from Munich

jvan wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say you can put the clothes back on and save the naked snow dances till next year :D

Well just to be sure I might carry on

• Advertisement

Well just to be sure I might carry on

Just watch the exposed body parts now that the temps have dropped. Don't want to be getting frostbite :pac:

jvan wrote: »
    Just watch the exposed body parts now that the temps have dropped. Don't want to be getting frostbite :pac:

Top of mountain closed for snow control & wind, can ski from our office to my apartment there is that much in village!

It's time to break out the fat skis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It's mad the difference a couple of days make. I sold a pair of boots to someone on Christmas Eve who was flying to engelberg today and I was telling him about watching the ski jumping last Sunday and how green it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

dzer2 wrote: »
    You will be in the air before we are in the airport
    Flying to memmingen ourselves and back from Munich

Ah sure, you might spot us around! Have you been before?

• Advertisement

Ah sure, you might spot us around! Have you been before?

Yeah all bar the baby can ski here.

Its 2 yrs since we were on the slopes and will be putting the 5 kids into ski school the eldest will get 3 days the next 2 will get 5 days and the baby who is 3 and a half will do 6 days.

We will be looking for a Chalet next time.

It's mad the difference a couple of days make. I sold a pair of boots to someone on Christmas Eve who was flying to engelberg today and I was telling him about watching the ski jumping last Sunday and how green it was!

Ha ha yeah I was actually on TV for that as part of the slip crew :)

This was the village tonight it has not stopped snowing and we have another 24 hours of it so looking good

A shot from Matilda Rapaport taken this afternoon in the resort here !

Winter is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Its 2 yrs since we were on the slopes and will be putting the 5 kids into ski school the eldest will get 3 days the next 2 will get 5 days and the baby who is 3 and a half will do 6 days.

That's nuts!!!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to work the sums on bringing three kids and herself! Fair play its some commitment.

Mine are 6, 4 and 2.5 so I was thinking next year is the year. I'm stuck with school hols though, pricey times.

Ideas anyone?

That's nuts!!!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to work the sums on bringing three kids and herself! Fair play its some commitment.

Mine are 6, 4 and 2.5 so I was thinking next year is the year. I'm stuck with school hols though, pricey times.

Ideas anyone?

Good planning, there will be resorts that offer free child care and lift passes some even offer free food for kids it's all about finding the hidden extras. Austria and some of the French resorts are family orientated. Some of the Italian ones too that will be cheaper

Still snowing here my balcony this am

That's nuts!!!

Ideas anyone?

Good planning, there will be resorts that offer free child care and lift passes some even offer free food for kids it's all about finding the hidden extras. Austria and some of the French resorts are family orientated. Some of the Italian ones too that will be cheaper

Still snowing here my balcony this am

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Friends of me be with their 2 teenage kids headed to Val Thorens yesterday. The snow closed the roads and about fter 8 hours on the transfer bus they were going to be acomadated in a school overnight. Sounds like a lot of people in the same boat in France arm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

That's nuts!!!

Ideas anyone?

Easter is early next year (2015), would you be able to plan a trip for then? You'll get cheaper lift passes, accom etc at that stage, it tends to be fairly quiet.

I LOVE Easter skiing! And the Austrians go all out for traditional Easter too, the kids will love it :)

That's nuts!!!

Ideas anyone?

We have being doing it for some time now we rent an apartment and fly Ryanair.
    In Kitzbuhel they have a snow fun package you get 20% discount on lessons and equipment hire. You will only need a lift pass for the eldest child. The youngest might be strong enough for lessons next yr. Up until this yr we used go Wednesday to Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oh fab! I might be picking your brains about bringing kids to the slopes - yourself & fannymcgee should do a thread on it. I'll keep an eye out for ye.

• Advertisement

Great idea Olaola- DONE! :-)

Well the powder skis have to wait! Despite the storm still raging today I became a statistic! Had lessons either end of the resort today and while finishing one and walking to the other I slipped and dislocated and relocated my Patella in one fall!! All going well 4 weeks recovery but could be 6 cest la vie!

Ah that's sh!t Fattes, hope it's not too painful and you're back on the slopes as soon as possible.

What's does that mean work wise, obviously no lessons but is there anything else that could be done.

Well the powder skis have to wait! Despite the storm still raging today I became a statistic! Had lessons either end of the resort today and while finishing one and walking to the other I slipped and dislocated and relocated my Patella in one fall!! All going well 4 weeks recovery but could be 6 cest la vie!

Oh God sorry to hear that- it happens so bloody easily! Hope you have a quick & uneventful recovery. And on the upside, at least you were wearing nice white socks ;)

Thats tough Fattes best of luck with the recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

That sucks fattes sorry to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

tough luck fattes, hopefully you'll be able to weightbear on it quicker than the 4 weeks. I'll send a bottle of poitin over to ya to rub in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Sorry to hear that Fattes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Crap man sorry to hear that. your posts have brightened this place up so much!
    As a matter of iterest what lessons do you take at your level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Sorry to hear that Fattes , hope you get back on the skis soon

Advertisement