Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I kinda liked the Zeccinetta character .......
    pity he was wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

So its back on sky Atlantic this year. Not sure when,but probably not till the Autumn .

Just a reminder of the ending for any fans.

Counting the days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Great, can't wait to see what has happened since

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

starts next month ...... A re- run of season 1 must be on soon, anyone spot it advertised ? herself never seen it and would i would not mind watching it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭cozar

It's back on May 10th. Series 1 on demand. Just watched last episode...stunning!

Season one recap Thursday 02:45am sky Atlantic every episode on same time each day from tomorrow night/Thursday morning :)

Season one recap Thursday 02:45am sky Atlantic every episode on same time each day from tomorrow night/Thursday morning :)

ITS BACK!!!
    NEXT WEEK on Sky :D:D:D:D:D:D

Think it's a double episode......even better😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭amacca

Enjoying it so far.........except for the white subtitles when occasionally overlaid on a white background...ffs, what genius let that through quality control

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

back with a bang - what a show this is

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Wow great 2 eps

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

johnire wrote: »
    Yes...it's really good isn't it?i love all those subtitled programmes that are on now.

Nothing quite like sitting down to read a bit of telly in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

amacca wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far.........except for the white subtitles when occasionally overlaid on a white background...ffs, what genius let that through quality control

That was really frustrating alright. Also was it just me, or were the subtitles much larger in the first episode than the second? Maybe I was just getting more tired!
    endacl wrote: »
    Nothing quite like sitting down to read a bit of telly in the evening.
    haha very funny!

Good solid return for the show, I cant really tell where it will go from here.
    Ciro is such a hateful MF now, its been a fantastic arc in his character from his cheeky soldier status with Attilio in S1 to absolute narcissistic power hungry pr*ck.......I have a feeling Don Pietro and Genny wont be apart for too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

I never understood why HC subtitles are not yellow, much easier to read.
    Two great episodes though.

Great to have it back I enjoyed the first two episodes big time.I know anything can happen but for me at the moment Genny is looking the more dangerous. He has more to prove to his dad and himself..Ciro IMO is looking more desperate ,even though he has the big alliance.It will be interesting to see what Genny's dad does.Maybe Ciro will get Don savastano and Genny will get him.
    I love that this can go in any direction.

I agree what others have said ,white subtitles are a major mistake.They should have "black boxed " them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Whoah, episode three was intense. Not sure what exactly Genni is doing in Rome?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭amacca

My money is on Genny to take them all out (daddy included) in a blood and betrayal soaked rise to the top.

His mum is dead, his time in the jungle has hardened him and he's not just a spoilt mad dog anymore (look at what he did to the police commander to get leverage/send a message)

+nothing like a bit of patricide to spice things up!

Really building up nice and slowly. I think episode 4 was the first I can remember in a long time that nobody got killed!

Surprised to see
    Conte
    getting nailed so early in the season, felt he had a lot more to contribute. Especially as he was an "outsider" to the main group
    both in terms of being of a different family / clan and his sexuality
    and could have been used as an extra dynamic to a straight war between the old guard and Ciros alliance.

I would concur that Genny is trying to organise something on his own back in Rome too. I don’t believe he would go as far as taking out Don Pietro though, if it came down to it I would think he would just make him leave town or something (and that way he is still in the background for the Season 3!) Genny still loves his dad, and his dad is kind of a big deal so I just cant see him killing him.
    I also think Don Pietro who has years of knowledge of manipulation (see how he has already got the messenger broken down) knows this and thats why he is keeping Genny informed as to what he is doing....but doesn't want his help which is code for :
    bust in through a warehouse door , hanging out the window of a big F-Off Audi with a machine gun to save my skin when someone has a gun pointed to my head!!

Did I mention
    I hate Ciro?
    The guy makes my skin crawl now anytime he is on screen.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

This is so good..gripping episode 5 watching 6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Great episode. I guess apartment leases don't count for much in Naples.

It is between the three of them. Gennaro should have killed ciro it will come back to haunt him. Don't know which team I'm on maybe don pietro.

Trust me and move over Dad ,there's a new guy on the block.:D

Genny has a long term plan.........

Trust me and move over Dad ,there's a new guy on the block.:D

Genny has a long term plan.........

Genny has a plan, I am sure there will be a few speed bumps on the way. Looks like Don Pietro is pretty pissed with him, but he is surely running out of soldiers, especially experienced ones.

You would imagine Genny and Ciro need to last until season 3? Hopefully it doesnt get too dragged out and stupid as to how this is achieved!

BTW
    I still hate Ciro :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

How many episodes in this season?

Tilly wrote: »
    How many episodes in this season?

12, I am not sure if Sky plan to continue to burn them 2 episodes at a time? I assume its something to do with keeping up with the schedule on Italian TV or wherever it is premiering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Wiresque. The writing obviously isn't as good but it doesn't matter.

I love the music for the last few minutes of each episode.

I did mean to mention that after every episode, the production of this show is fantastic. The music, the sets and the color tones used are great....Its all so dark and murky when they are in shooting in Naples, and there is a big contrast to the bright lights of Rome etc.

Looking forward to it again tonight! (Although I will probably watch the second episode another night, I prefer to fully immerse myself in each episode and consider it before moving on, and since about half way through season 1 I refuse to watch the end credit teasers too as they can sometimes reveal a major plot point of the next episode!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can anyone follow who is with whom exactly after 8 episodes?

Advertisement