Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hell In A Cell 2014 Pre Show && PPV Thread *Spoilers* **no stream requests**

Options
  • 25-09-2014 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

The plan as of Monday/Tuesday for the Brock Lesnar-less Hell in the Cell PPV is Ambrose and Cena wrestling with the winner getting Rollins in the Hell in the Cell later that night. The loser gets to wrestle Randy Orton.

Credit: Dave Meltzer

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    The plan as of Monday/Tuesday for the Brock Lesnar-less Hell in the Cell PPV is Ambrose and Cena wrestling with the winner getting Rollins in the Hell in the Cell later that night. The loser gets to wrestle Randy Orton.

Fecking hell talk about an awful runner up prize! Cena Rollins it is so. I hope the crowd firmly gets behind Ambrose!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

well that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's retarded. I don't see that happening.

They can't cheat the fans out of seeing the Ambrose/Rollins feud reaching its conclusion, Ambrose getting a big win and his revenge on Rollins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Depends on the outcome. If Ambrose beat Cena and then Ambrose/Rollins put on a sterling HIAC, it would create two new stars.

That said, it baffles me that the ending of NoC was the perfect set up for Brock and Cena to have a HIAC match, Moros than the usual feud starting matches that take place....

Surely though the only way to have Ambrose win would be interference. Wouldn't make him look particularly great and would leave the company guy against Orton in a meaningless match.

• Advertisement

Well we all know the golden boy won't be jobbed to Ambrose. As good an idea as that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just can't sit through Orton/Cena ever again. Wasn't there some stip at the Unification match that they would never wrestle each other again??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can picture how that went down in a creative meeting,

Vince: For Hell In A Cell, we'll have Dean Ambrose facing off against John Cena with the winner getting to face Seth Rollins later in the show, the loser faces Orton

Ambrose: Rollins is as good as mine, you're goin down Cena

Cena To Ambrose: alright an easy victory, i don't job to anyone jack,

Orton: internally thinks (And what we're all thinking) Please God don't let me wrestle Cena again, it's been done to death

May not have happened, it's just how i see it in my head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just can't sit through Orton/Cena ever again. Wasn't there some stip at the Unification match that they would never wrestle each other again??

c5afank.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

we're meant to forget anything that happened a few months ago yet they've no problem having the total divas fight on Raw over some argument that took place months beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Look at it this way - Ambrose is being positioned on the same level as Cena and Orton is now the second heel in the company after Rollins - I think this could be a good transitional phase if something good can come of it and be carried through to the Rumble.

I'm just trying to wring any possible positives from even the prospect of Cena/Orton XXVII

Seeing how;
    Ambrose steals the MITB case on Smackdown, maybe we have a sitation where he returns the case if Rollins agrees to face him at HIAC. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

My prediction of how that would go down:
    • Cena beats Ambrose because CENAWINSLOL.
    • Ambrose is outraged and refuses to leave.
    • Security cart him out of the arena.
    • His match with Orton never happens.
    • Ambrose reappears later during the HIAC match and breaks INTO the cell to get at Rollins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So no WWE Title match / Brock at Night of Champions then? guessing thats not confirmed but seemingly likely if this is true.

Surely Ambrose vs Rollins and Cena vs Brock for the title in 2 HIAC matches that culminate thier feuds would be a lot more logical.

wait, WWE and logic... O yeah
    My prediction of how that would go down:
    • Cena beats Ambrose because CENAWINSLOL.
    • Ambrose is outraged and refuses to leave.
    • Security cart him out of the arena.
    • His match with Orton never happens.
    • Ambrose reappears later during the HIAC match and breaks INTO the cell to get at Rollins.

honestly would not surprise me but WWE really have to stop having matches not happen at PPVs, been too many recently, (well 2 off the top of my head but still 3 in 3/4 PPVs is too much)

Maybe there is an element of truth to the rumours about Brock's health.

Hope not but it makes you think..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

So no WWE Title match / Brock at Night of Champions then? guessing thats not confirmed but seemingly likely if this is true.

Surely Ambrose vs Rollins and Cena vs Brock for the title in 2 HIAC matches that culminate thier feuds would be a lot more logical.

wait, WWE and logic... O yeah

honestly would not surprise me but WWE really have to stop having matches not happen at PPVs, been too many recently, (well 2 off the top of my head but still 3 in 3/4 PPVs is too much)

Could be they don't wanna pay Brock more cash, and they feel his dates would be better used with different opponents and on different cards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Maybe there is an element of truth to the rumours about Brock's health.

Hope not but it makes you think..

Or they are saving Brock for Survivor Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Why waste Brock on a not so important ppv, besides Paul Heyman can do all of Lesnar's talking while he ain't there.

Or they are saving Brock for Survivor Series.

I hope so.

It just so happens SS is in St.Louis, Orton's hometown.

Where better to have that match and have Lesnar go through another top guy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Considering all the talk about Brocks available dates, Is an appearance on Raw considered the same as a PPV appearance (match) with regards using up one of his available dates. Not sure if this has been asked before or if its public knowledge but if it was the same I would have Brock never skip a PPV as long as he has the WWE title.

He made 2 appearances on Raw building to NOCs for example. The one the night after SS and the one the week where Cena said he would fight Heyman if Brock didn't show. cut one of those out and instead have Heyman talk about how if they want Brock they should pay 9.99 and get the network cos you gotta pay to see his client then have him and the title at HIAC. After the two matches him & Cena have had especially with how the last one finished Cena vs Brock inside HIAC just makes so much sense to me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If the Hell in a Cell match is anything other than Ambrose v Rollins WWE can **** right off.

There are times where the Cena ****e has to be tolerated but this is not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CSF wrote: »
    If the Hell in a Cell match is anything other than Ambrose v Rollins WWE can **** right off.

There are times where the Cena ****e has to be tolerated but this is not one.

I don't know, Hell and a Cell matches have always been a big deal for the main event. They're supposed to be fued enders, which serves the Cena/Lesnar feud better because after HIAC they won't feud again. At least not it the foreseeable future. But It makes sense to have Cena/Lesnar in the Hell In A Cell match, their feud is a big deal and should be treated as such. As for Ambrose/Rollins, I still think there is more to come of their rivalry. I mean their feud could go on all year long. So from that standpoint I don't think they should be in the Hell In A Cell match. However I do think they should be booked in a TLC match for the TLC PPV this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think Cena will put Ambrose over tbh. And we'll all forget how much people he's put over all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I don't know, Hell and a Cell matches have always been a big deal for the main event. They're supposed to be fued enders, which serves the Cena/Lesnar feud better because after HIAC they won't feud again. At least not it the foreseeable future. But It makes sense to have Cena/Lesnar in the Hell In A Cell match, their feud is a big deal and should be treated as such. As for Ambrose/Rollins, I still think there is more to come of their rivalry. I mean their feud could go on all year long. So from that standpoint I don't think they should be in the Hell In A Cell match. However I do think they should be booked in a TLC match for the TLC PPV this year.

I dunno, it has been going on for a few months now, another month or so after HIAC maybe, but defo not another 12 months.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I dunno, it has been going on for a few months now, another month or so after HIAC maybe, but defo not another 12 months.

Oh no, I don't mean go on for another year. I mean I think it could go on for the rest of this year at least. But you have to wonder where they're going with it since Ambrose said he will never allow Rollins to cash in his MITB briefcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I can't see them doing something as brazen as 'loser gets Orton'. Maybe Brock costs Cena the match to swerve everyone and set up a rematch.

From today's Wrestling Observer Radio:
    The plan as of this week for Hell in a Cell is for Cena vs. Ambrose to be the opening match. The winner gets to face Rollins inside the Cell, while the loser gets the consolation of facing Orton inside the Cell.

So it looks like I was wrong about Cena/Lesnar. It's going to be Ambrose/Cena, and then whoever wins/loses will face Orton or Rollins.

Can't say i'm happy about this. I would have preferred Lesnar/Cena and Ambrose/Rollins. But now they're going with this? I mean Ambrose just returned, I was hoping that maybe Ambrose would get a ppv victory over Rollins to help his momentum, and add some drama to their rivalry. Now I fear Ambrose will lose to Cena, and could lose to Orton afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

It'd be easy enough to set up Cena losing to Ambrose. Ambrose wants Rollins a hell of a lot more than Cena does - and fans want Cena/Brock and Rollins/Ambrose so it makes sense. Cenas just pissed he lost his chance on Brock, but there title is still his priority, not revenge.

Brock coming out to the ramp to distract Cena during the match sets up both matches nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

H8KUgPT.jpg

Ambrose Vs. Rollins 1 on 1 in the cell will happen hopefully

Orton, Show, Sheamus, Henry, Kane, Cesaro etc., plenty who could be used for a match with Lesnar

I'm hoping Damian Mizdow gets to feud with Ziggler for IC title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cesaro v Ziggler seems on the cards

Advertisement