Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Allirog wrote: »
    So exciting!!! :) at least you know your dates are right anyways. Are you going to start telling people now?

oohh best of luck.... dying to hear how your scan went.... as for maternity wear, I ended up getting a super comfy pair of pants in Next but there are also nice ones in New Look

No, still not going to tell people until around thirteen weeks, we are going on holiday next week so people can find out after that! Found out today that one of my close friends told her boyfriend, which is really frustrating!

@Boo you should have a look on ASOS for work wear, I just had a quick browse through their maternity wear and there is some really nice stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Hope you have a great holiday tfak :)

I'm feelin pretty miserable. Hurt my back on Monday so have a few days off but would rather be kept busy!

Allirog wrote: »
    Hope you have a great holiday tfak :)

I'm feelin pretty miserable. Hurt my back on Monday so have a few days off but would rather be kept busy!

Thank you!

Mind yourself, plenty of R&R and maybe a massage! It's easy to get injured in pregnancy, all the ligaments get soft.

You going anywhere nice on hols??

I know, I know. I just went onto autopilot. It's hard to sit back and not do some of the chores that I am so used to doing!!! But I'm sure I'll get over that as time goes on :D

I am SO excited for my scan next week. Eeekkkk!!!

Going to New York for five nights! Can't wait! Just hoping I have the energy I want to walk from morning until night (what we usually do on holiday), I cannot wait to eat EVERYTHING in sight!

• Advertisement

New York in December is my favourite time to go!! Have a fantabulous time!!! And no doubt once you land and get on your feet to go you'll find the energy somewhere!! If not, the odd coffee from Starbucks is a right good tonic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Have a great holiday tfak, so jealous :)

Scan went great yesterday, finally got a d-day, 7th June which means we're 12 weeks 4 days right now so actually a little bit further than I thought but so happy to actually have a date at last!! Got 5 pics which we're delighted with, can't stop looking at them! Everytime I look at a little foot or nose I start balling :P

They don't seem to be worried about the hiatus hernia but they do want to keep a close eye because of the anemia so I have to head back on Monday for more bloods and stuff! Also have an infection so they gave me antibiotics for that, at least now I mightnt need the toilet every ten minutes!

Oh boo Id say you're only delighted with your date now!! Are you going to start telling people now?

I'm feeling so ill today. Convinced my oh to put the tree up today so I feel a little bit organised but my back is knackered and I am so nauseous. Ugh. Hurry up second trimester!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

That's great you're a bit further along than you thought Boo - always a nice surprise.

I'm jealous about New York too - it'll be such a nice pre-baby holiday for you both. Hope you feel well enough to traipse around all day.

I'm actually starting to feel slightly better. I'm 14 weeks today so hopefully I'm turning a corner and it will only be another 2 or 3 weeks of vomiting. I was in with the dietician yesterday and I have to keep taking the drugs (not that I think they do anything) and add supplements to milk (as that's the one thing that usually stays down) to try and up my calorie intake to stop me losing more weight. She was really helpful so I'm pleased I had the appointment. I have to go back in January to discuss a diet plan for building up my strength and minerals/vitamins again. The sickness should be completely gone by then - I'll be 20 weeks at the appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Had my first scan yest apart from having to wait 2 hours before our name was called everything went great. Baby was full of energy it was great to see the little arms and legs moving. Makes all the tiredness and sickness worth every second.. dates were a bit off instead of the 2nd of june im now the 9th of june. I don't mind tho as its my dads birthday :)

• Advertisement

Aww - love all the scan news! Due dates are a funny thing. I was on the June 2013 thread and was due towards the end of June. I was jealous of people who were due at the beginning of the month as they were always further along and I felt pregnancy dragged on. Then loads of then went overdue and I went a week early so I ended up having my baba before lots of them. Those pesky babas come when they feel like it!

Would love to go at 39 weeks again this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Hi ladies. Well I had my scan today and it was absolutely amazing! Confirmed as exactly 12 weeks along with a due date of 12 June. The baby was really still at first and then all of a suden jolted into action. We got a hand up to the face, a big wave and a super kick out. This child is going to have long legs by the looks of things!! It was such a relief to see everything is going well and normal as I've had very few symptoms and at times have been in disbelief. Ridiculously happy and excited right now! X

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi girls. We had our scan and booking in today too :-) they left my due date at 12th June for now - making us 12 weeks today (snap fifi) but she agreed with my dates making my due date of the 21st June but said she can't change my date unless it's out by 11 days or more but she's bringing me back for another scan in 4 wks - happy days. She said the doc can, and probably will, change it to the 21st June then. Great seeing baba kicking away - so strange that we dont/can't feel a thing.... really hoping the tiredness improves shortly :-) ifs Def making it all real now :-)

I'm so envious of you all having had your scans :) although I don't have long to wait as its this coming Wednesday. So much excitement and sooooo happy to have hit the 12 week mark (I really hope they don't try and change that back!!) so roll on the second trimester now :D

How is everyone feeling?

I'm feeling fairly rotten today, the tiredness of nights is taking its toll on me and my nausea! Still fighting the end of this cold too - two weeks later!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

What physical shops in Dublin are good for maternity clothes? I'm going to have to pick up some jeans and some leggings soon. My tops and dresses should be fine for a good while though as I tend to wear loose flowy ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Penneys Next M&S Topshop New Look Dorothy Perkins

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I was just thinking the same re maternity pants..... stretchy pants all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Penneys Next M&S Topshop New Look Dorothy Perkins

I was in Next, Dorothy Perkins and New Look in the Jervis Centre at the weekend and none of them had a maternity section unfortunately. Perhaps it's only certain stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I was in Next, Dorothy Perkins and New Look in the Jervis Centre at the weekend and none of them had a maternity section unfortunately. Perhaps it's only certain stores.

New look in the Jervis centre has maternity wear you kinda just need to root around and look for it. They have some nice skinny jeans.

• Advertisement

The new look in Jervis def does have a maternity section (unless they god rid if it in the last few weeks). It's downstairs- it is tiny though. H and m in Dundrum has a good selection. It's not in the main h and m shop but in the back of the kids one on the third floor. Next in Dundrum has good maternity workwear - it's downstairs. Mothercare do stuff too and you can pick up the off bargain.

I bought stuff online from Asda. They have a great selection and it's cheap as chips. I said I wasn't going to buy any more this time but I was buying clothes for my little boy so bought a dress, top and two pairs of leggings. My bump has proper popped out now so I dug out my maternity clothes from the attic. I forgot I already had quite a bit! All the stuff I bought last time is a brand called mamalicious. I really like it because it's better quality than h and m or new look but still not very expensive. I have two pairs of jeans and one pair of black trousers that I lived in last time. You can check their website for stockists. I bought all my stuff when I was on holiday in Austria but they are in shops here too. I bought loads of tops too but last time they were unnecessary as I was able to wear my own pretty much up until I have birth. I think, given how I'm going so far I'll be bigger this time though!

Gap have 40% off everything today with the code cybergap. If I needed maternity stuff that's where I'd order - it's a good deal! Only on til midnight. It's easy to return stuff with gap too

I ended up buying in next and new look in Liffey valley. Unfortunately H&M think skinny woman get pregnant :rolleyes: oh I also got a few bits in pennys!!

I was up north on Saturday and was gutted when I discovered Asda only do maternity online so I might have to attack!! My real problem was work trousers and the ones I got in next are fab and so comfy!!

Only 2 sleeps to my scan!! So much excitement :D

I really like the Asda stuff I bought. I'm wearing the dress today :) asos also do maternity and have 20% off today. Code is cyberwknd20.

You're almost there with the scan allirog!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

I had my scan last Friday, only to be told that I am further along then they previously thought.. Due date is now 26th May - which makes me nearly 15 weeks :O
    (I hope you all don't mind if I stay on this thread though)

Went out shopping yesterday for a few bits before heading on holidays this week and after spending half the morning in and out of changing rooms in Liffey Valley - I can recommend the maternity jeans in Next.

They are approx €38 and are worth every penny.

Tried jeans in maternity sections in New Look, H&M & Next - but found Next the comfiest by far :)

I had my scan last Friday, only to be told that I am further along then they previously thought.. Due date is now 26th May - which makes me nearly 15 weeks :O

Went out shopping yesterday for a few bits before heading on holidays this week and after spending half the morning in and out of changing rooms in Liffey Valley - I can recommend the maternity jeans in Next.

Tried jeans in maternity sections in New Look, H&M & Next - but found Next the comfiest by far :)

Ooh - so nice to have your due date moved to be closer. Always good :)

I've just had a look at my maternity jeans from last time and the H & M ones definitely haven't lasted as well as the others I bought. Just a heads up if you are planning to have more babies after this one. I don't think they are as long lasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hmm, I spent this evening trying on every conceivable size 12 maternity item in Next, and they were all awful. I have slim hips and every one of them was huge and impossible to wear, I find their sizing to be oddly generous. I'm not a 10, so there was no point shoving myself into a 10 when I have another 20 weeks to go, but the 12's were an awful awful fit on my thighs and stomach. I've never seen such baggy unflattering leggings in my life!

New Look had no maternity jeans in my size, boo. All I came home with were some bump cover thingies so they'll have to do under my normal close until I can find something that fits :(

Edit: Got perfect leggins and jeans in H&M today thank God.

Has anyone tried the button extender thing you can get from Mothercare? So you essentially leave your trousers open with a big piece of elastic in them? I'm EXTREMELY picky about jeans and will be extending my VBs for as long as possible, still have some space in them at the moment, not showing at all yet. Will be by Xmas though, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

tfak85 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the button extender thing you can get from Mothercare? So you essentially leave your trousers open with a big piece of elastic in them? I'm EXTREMELY picky about jeans and will be extending my VBs for as long as possible, still have some space in them at the moment, not showing at all yet. Will be by Xmas though, all going well.

I got it on my 1st pregnancy and rarely if ever used it. I ended up using a hair tie and longer/stretchy tops that covered the top part of the jeans - quick & easy, a lot less finicky IMO.

Anyone found themselves very,very thirsty recently? I've had a bit of a stressful day (missing cat) and have been weirdly thirsty all day, in a way I haven't been before except when I was breastfeeding. I've also had a bad headache.

I was severely dehydrated when I was hospitalised with the hyperemesis and didn't feel like this at all (no headaches) and I don't remember being thirsty at all on my last pregnancy. I'm presuming it's normal because your blood flow is increasing to accmmodate the baby etc but I'm not a bit liquid drinker normally and I just can't get enough today.

Apparently it can be a sign of gestational diabetes but that seems unlikely this early and given the fact that for the last two months I've hardly eaten anything that stayed down. I've only just started eating a bit more in the last 3/4 days.

• Advertisement

tfak85 wrote: »

Anyone I know who got them said they were a waste of money! I never tried them myself though.

I also heard a hair tie works well. If you're bump is high once you start showing you may get away with that for ages :)

Advertisement