Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I had a booking in at 6 weeks, and a scan but I am back on the 3rd for another scan (hopefully wont be a transvag one this time!!) and then the 19th to see a consultant. The booking in is pretty long as they go through every little details but its grand because its so exciting :)

Also, just wondering has anyone made the move into maternity wear? I was in desperate need of new trousers so I gave in a while ago and then yesterday I got some maternity bra's in M&S and oh my god the comfort is unreal!!! so glad I bought them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Allirog wrote: »
    I had a booking in at 6 weeks, and a scan but I am back on the 3rd for another scan (hopefully wont be a transvag one this time!!) and then the 19th to see a consultant. The booking in is pretty long as they go through every little details but its grand because its so exciting :)

Also, just wondering has anyone made the move into maternity wear? I was in desperate need of new trousers so I gave in a while ago and then yesterday I got some maternity bra's in M&S and oh my god the comfort is unreal!!! so glad I bought them now.

I've been wearing maternity bras since I got the positive test. My boobs have been sore since then. They make a huge difference, don't they? The m and s crop tops are great too for keeping your boobs happy. I had loads from last time though so it was easy enough to pull them out of storage. I've lost a lot of weight so no maternity clothes yet, even though I have a little bump. Tbh, I rarely get out of my pyjamas these days anyway! I bought loads of maternity stuff last time and then never got that big. I could have got away with just buying the jeans and trousers. Most of my normal tops fit me, even at the very end of pregnancy. I'm going to get them out of storage this week anyway but I won't buy any more this pregnancy. Will save my money for afterwards :)

I have my booking in appointment in Holles Street next week - but I've already been into the hospital loads and had two scans. It's late enough for the appointment as I'll be 13.5 weeks but I think it's because I'm going to a satelite clinic and they are only every two weeks. Exciting that everyone has their appointments around now!

I'm having a very bad fews days with the sickness, nothing is staying down so I think I'll be back in the hospital this week for fluids and nutrients anyway :( I'm trying my best to keep down some liquids at least because I really, really don't want to be back in the hospital this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I have my appointment at the Coombe on Friday and can't wait! I'll be exactly 12 weeks. Having such soft symptoms so it will be a relief to see that everything is going well (fingers crossed!).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

My booking in is in limerick on Wednesday, so excited! Anyone know if I'll be high risk with a hernia and anemia or is it just something my doctor keeps an eye on? Vegetarian aswel so I presume they'll be able to tell me what to do with regards getting enough vitamins and stuff cause I'm not the best at eating healthy?

Congrats and welcome to the new mammy to bes :)

@Woshy, you poor thing!! I hope your hypermesis really starts to ease up soon!!! Re the clothes, I'm glad I got comfy ones but it just didn't feel right to be getting them to early, lol :D as for the bras im just ragin I waited so long. These ones are amazing!!

@Boo it's hard to tell if you're high risk or not but no doubt you'll get all the confirmed at the booking in. Just bear in mind they might also refer you to the dietician if they feel you're not getting enough nutrition.

• Advertisement

Allirog wrote: »
    @Woshy, you poor thing!! I hope your hypermesis really starts to ease up soon!!! Re the clothes, I'm glad I got comfy ones but it just didn't feel right to be getting them to early, lol :D as for the bras im just ragin I waited so long. These ones are amazing!!

@Boo it's hard to tell if you're high risk or not but no doubt you'll get all the confirmed at the booking in. Just bear in mind they might also refer you to the dietician if they feel you're not getting enough nutrition.

I know - the bras are a lifesaver! Sometimes I wore mine even after I had stopped breastfeeding and before I was pregnancy again because they are so comfy. You'll know next time anyway to get them out straight away :D

Boo - as Allirog said ask to be referred to the dietician if you are concerned about your diet. I've seen the one in Holles St a few times and she's great. So helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Boo2112 wrote: »
    My booking in is in limerick on Wednesday, so excited! Anyone know if I'll be high risk with a hernia and anemia or is it just something my doctor keeps an eye on? Vegetarian aswel so I presume they'll be able to tell me what to do with regards getting enough vitamins and stuff cause I'm not the best at eating healthy?

Congrats and welcome to the new mammy to bes :)

The hernia wont result in you being deemed high risk, only if you suddenly get lots of pain and there is concern about it being strangulated (or is it a HH)?
    You need to watch yourself with the anaemia though, every woman has a drop in iron level in pregnancy because the blood becomes diluted, in preparation for birth, as soon as you can tolerate them you should be taking an iron supplement - not Spatone, either Ferrograd C or Galfer. It might be no harm for you to see the dietician.

I had a very busy and really tough couple of days at work on Friday and Sat, was off today but I'm still in bits with this cough and cold, have had it ten days now! Back in work tomorrow, feeling absolutely rotten so dreading it! Dating scan on Wednesday, can't wait, had my booking week before last, I think I was brought in extra early for it because I have a thyroid condition.

Oh best of luck on Wednesday!!! I am Wednesday week :D so much excitement!!!

I have an underactive thyroid so I feel like I'm being monitored closely. Am back with my endocrinologist today so hopefully he'll give me a few months before the next visit rather that a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

I had a very busy and really tough couple of days at work on Friday and Sat, was off today but I'm still in bits with this cough and cold, have had it ten days now! Back in work tomorrow, feeling absolutely rotten so dreading it! Dating scan on Wednesday, can't wait, had my booking week before last, I think I was brought in extra early for it because I have a thyroid condition.[/quote]

Are you in drogheda? Does the booking in appt and scan usually happen together?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Had my dating scan today, it was amazing to see, baby was kicking and stretching legs, feel so happy, it's definitely real now! Could have watched it all day! Next appointment not until 20 weeks, seems ages away but I'm sure it'll fly, especially with Christmas coming too, Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Advertisement

Petal765 wrote: »
    Had my dating scan today, it was amazing to see, baby was kicking and stretching legs, feel so happy, it's definitely real now! Could have watched it all day! Next appointment not until 20 weeks, seems ages away but I'm sure it'll fly, especially with Christmas coming too, Hope everyone else is doing well!

Aww - happy to hear baby is safe and well, must have been so nice to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Woshy wrote: »
    Aww - happy to hear baby is safe and well, must have been so nice to see :)

It was great alright, you feeling an better Woshy, hope you didn't have to go into hospital again?

Petal765 wrote: »
    It was great alright, you feeling an better Woshy, hope you didn't have to go into hospital again?

No, no hospital so far. I'm still v sick but I managed to keep a very small bit of food down last night and I ate half a bagel today at lunchtime that hasn't reappeared so I should be ok for a little bit. It's if not a single thing stays down that I need to get in for fluids. I have my appointment tomorrow morning anyway so they can check me then.

Are you in drogheda? Does the booking in appt and scan usually happen together?

No, I'm in The Coombe, usually the booking and dating scan happen together but because I was brought in early for the booking my scan is a different day.

@Allirog, I have an overactive thyroid!

I'm in the coombe too. Had my booking and a scan on the same day but have another scan on the 3rd, just a dating scan.

@Petal when is your due date?

@tfak I sometimes wish for the side effects of over active :D

Had my first appointment earlier - all is well. Saw the baby on a scan and he/she is happy in there. Dr reassured me that the sickness is having no effect on the baby. I knew that from last time but it was still nice to hear. Was in and out in less than an hour. My next appointment is in 12 weeks with a visit to my GP in 6 weeks. That suits me, the less time in the hospital the better! I do have my anomaly scan in 7 weeks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I have the results of my NT test tomorrow and my nerves are shattered.

I have had 3 scans already, and I asked specifically if any of the doctors could see any fluid or abnormalities on the scans - they all said no, and that it looked like a perfectly healthy and normal pregnancy.

I'm begining to panic now though and thinking they may not have told me anyting without tomorrow's defininitive results.

I wish I could sleep until tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join in too...
    I've been following this thread since the day I found out I am expecting !!

Dating scan this Fri 28th in the Coombe - but I reckon I'm due in or around 4th June
    First pregnancy, so pretty exciting times!

I had bleeding on three separate occasions - and they kept me in overnight in the Coombe for observation last Thursday.
    Everything looks ok and baba seems to have a strong healthy heartbeat :):)

Got 3 emergency scans so am very lucky that I got to see baba earlier than expected.

Still can't believe it - after 5 years of trying !!

Hi Ladies,

Dating scan this Fri 28th in the Coombe - but I reckon I'm due in or around 4th June

I had bleeding on three separate occasions - and they kept me in overnight in the Coombe for observation last Thursday.

Got 3 emergency scans so am very lucky that I got to see baba earlier than expected.

Congrats and welcome! You must just be so thrilled after trying that long. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is stress free :)

Hi Ladies,

Welcome on board Picklefingers! I'm at the Coombe on Friday too for my booking appointment. I've thankfully had a very smooth ride so far so haven't had any early scans. Bursting with nerves and excitement now waiting for Friday just to make sure everything is going okay.

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Welcome on board pricklefingers! I'm at the Coombe on Friday too for my booking appointment. I've thankfully had a very smooth ride so far so haven't had any early scans. Bursting with nerves and excitement now waiting for Friday just to make sure everything is going okay.

Just getting a lecture Off the mother in law about how easy we have it now with epidurals and tens machines and all that craic, belittled me for buying a nursing pillow for my sister who's due soon cause in her day they didn't have any of that! Grrr so angry now, yeah I really feel like I have it easy! I don't care I'll spend a million euro if it makes it any bit easier like there's no gold medal for putting yourself through unnecessary pain!

So rant over, sorry about that :P excited for tomorrow, not going to let anything spoil it :) vomiting blood yesterday so it'll be a relief to see everything is ok again. So happy for everyone that had their scans already, huge weight Off yer shoulders I'd say!

Getting an epidural was one of the best things I ever did - it was awesome! :D

Once the baby is here you'll be getting "advice" from everyone and their grannies. You learn to just nod and smile and pay no heed. In saying that, I don't have a MIL so I never really got the worst of it!

Woshy wrote: »
    Getting an epidural was one of the best things I ever did - it was awesome! :D

Once the baby is here you'll be getting "advice" from everyone and their grannies. You learn to just nod and smile and pay no heed. In saying that, I don't have a MIL so I never really got the worst of it!
    If they told me heroin would make the pain of Labour easier I'd take it :P just annoys me how people think it makes them a better mother for going without anything! I'm not really one for holding ny tongue either when I feel like someone is talking down to me so it is causing a bit of tension like there's no way I'm letting her get away with belittling me but at the same time it's upsetting me needlessly aswel so I should really let it Off over my head.

I'll learn someday :P

If they told me heroin would make the pain of Labour easier I'd take it :P just annoys me how people think it makes them a better mother for going without anything! I'm not really one for holding ny tongue either when I feel like someone is talking down to me so it is causing a bit of tension like there's no way I'm letting her get away with belittling me but at the same time it's upsetting me needlessly aswel so I should really let it Off over my head.

I'll learn someday :P

I know what you mean - Unfortunately it probably won't be the first person who will judge you for your pregnancy/parenting choices - there's a lot of it out there! It just goes over my head these days and I don't get involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Woshy you are dead right its much better to let it over your head. People especially mother's or mother in-laws love to tell you what they think you should do. But at the end of the day its your body and your decision. So just take it with a grain of salt. My partners sister is adamant that I need to find out the sex of the baby as I have 2 boys and my partner as 1 boys this is our first together. When I said no im not finding out she actually got snappy with me giving out because shell have to buy lemon clothes.. On a brighter note we have our first scan in the morn and even tho this is my third baby I don't think iv ever been as excited. :):)

Well ladies I'm just back from my dating scan and it's all looking good! I had myself so worked up that we'd get bad news but now I'm absolutely over the moon! We got some great pictures and a little wave!

It did confirm the dates I got on my early scan so we're heading for the 19th of June - seems absolutely ages away!

tfak85 wrote: »
    Well ladies I'm just back from my dating scan and it's all looking good! I had myself so worked up that we'd get bad news but now I'm absolutely over the moon! We got some great pictures and a little wave!

It did confirm the dates I got on my early scan so we're heading for the 19th of June - seems absolutely ages away!

That's great! It does seem like a long time but it'll come around quick enough!

Even though I've been so much sicker I'm still definitely finding this pregnancy is going faster than the first. I remember it dragged a lot more last time

Thanks ladies, I'll try my best to hold ny tongue from now on :) just heading in for my booking in scan now, so excited! Spent the whole morning looking for maternity pants for work and there's not a single pair in limerick! Gonna have to look online but my own pair are starting to dig in and if I go up a size I just look ridiculous cause the legs just hang :P might try the hairtie trick that I read on the tips thread and cross the fingers!

• Advertisement

tfak85 wrote: »

So exciting!!! :) at least you know your dates are right anyways. Are you going to start telling people now?
    Thanks ladies, I'll try my best to hold ny tongue from now on :) just heading in for my booking in scan now, so excited! Spent the whole morning looking for maternity pants for work and there's not a single pair in limerick! Gonna have to look online but my own pair are starting to dig in and if I go up a size I just look ridiculous cause the legs just hang :P might try the hairtie trick that I read on the tips thread and cross the fingers!
    oohh best of luck.... dying to hear how your scan went.... as for maternity wear, I ended up getting a super comfy pair of pants in Next but there are also nice ones in New Look

Advertisement