Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi all. Im new here :-) due the 12th june (although I think its the 22nd) first baba for hubby and I. Super excited...

Have first hospital appt on 28th Nov - we presume this will include a scan? We are booked in for a private scan this weekend - we are just so impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Hi all. Im new here :-) due the 12th june (although I think its the 22nd) first baba for hubby and I. Super excited...

Have first hospital appt on 28th Nov - we presume this will include a scan? We are booked in for a private scan this weekend - we are just so impatient!

Congrats! You must be very excited. What hospital are you going to? Not all booking in appointments have scans. I had my last baba in Holles Street and technically the booking in appointment doesn't include a scan but the midwife I saw did one anyway on the little, portable machine they have in the the room. It depends on the hospital etc I think.

Great you're getting a private scan though. It's so reassuring. If your unsure of your dates as well the early, private scan will help out. They're very accurate early in pregnancy.

Woshy wrote: »
    Congrats! You must be very excited. What hospital are you going to? Not all booking in appointments have scans. I had my last baba in Holles Street and technically the booking in appointment doesn't include a scan but the midwife I saw did one anyway on the little, portable machine they have in the the room. It depends on the hospital etc I think.

Great you're getting a private scan though. It's so reassuring. If your unsure of your dates as well the early, private scan will help out. They're very accurate early in pregnancy.

Thanks! Yep really excited.... we will be going to drogheda as live quite close to there so makes sense. I really hope it includes a scan - we are (trying) to wait for scan to tell ppl but I just want to tell the families now - the thoughts of waiting until the 28th is killing me!

Thanks! Yep really excited.... we will be going to drogheda as live quite close to there so makes sense. I really hope it includes a scan - we are (trying) to wait for scan to tell ppl but I just want to tell the families now - the thoughts of waiting until the 28th is killing me!

It'll come round soon enough, I'm sure. It is exciting telling people!

On my first we told people after the private scan we had at 8 weeks as once I'd seen that I felt a bit more confident things would be ok, so if you were comfortable with it you could tell some people after your private scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Allirog wrote: »

How far along are you now tk?

I'm just eight weeks today! Got my appointment for my booking appointment on Tuesday and then my dating scan on the 26th, very exciting!

Very nervous about the booking appointment because I'll be sneaking into the hospital out patient dept. post a night shift!

Blueberry are you hoping to attend the midwives in Drogheda? I'm really hoping I'll be signed off to the midwives clinic ASAP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Popping over from the January thread (I love reading all the different stages!) On your first visit in Lourdes, you get weighed, asked a lot of questions about medical history/family history to be assessed for Mlu, bloods and scan. It's a long visit took over 3 hours for me. I got into mlu and so far it's amazing, appointment times are literally in and out and the facilities are unreal. Best of luck in your pregnancy x

Blueberry are you hoping to attend the midwives in Drogheda? I'm really hoping I'll be signed off to the midwives clinic ASAP![/quote]

Yep - that's the plan anyway. That's what my doc said. The letter for the 28th is yo see a doctor though? Totally new to alll this so not very useful....sorry!

I think we are going to tell close family and friends after tomorrows scan praying all is well - we're 9.5 wks... :-)

Do you all work? When are ye planning on telling work or have any of you already told?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Yep - that's the plan anyway. That's what my doc said. The letter for the 28th is yo see a doctor though? Totally new to alll this so not very useful....sorry!

I think we are going to tell close family and friends after tomorrows scan praying all is well - we're 9.5 wks... :-)

Do you all work? When are ye planning on telling work or have any of you already told?

I'm hoping to hold off on telling work until just before or just after Christmas. I'll be 17-19 weeks then, depending on when I tell them.

I'm a midwife in the hospital that I'm attending and even I'm unsure as to when to tell anyone! I did tell my manager yesterday though because one of my women had a procedure and couldn't be in contact with pregnant women for 24hours after!

Most likely I'll tell them when I'm around 14 weeks I think! Will you full mat leave girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Yea I don't really want to tell work too soon but I'm going to tell just my boss next week. I've already had a hospital appointment and a scan (am 9 wks) and have another scan on Dec 3rd and our Christmas night out is the 5th so I may tell them all just after the scan to avoid the questions :D

• Advertisement

I'm a stay at home mum so no mat leave for me. One of the reasons I didn't go back to work is that I knew I would be very sick on another pregnancy so life is a lot easier not having to worry about missing weeks of work!

I'm 11 weeks and everybody knows already - too hard to hide but I don't mind really :)

I had hyperemesis on my last too so work knew very early on. Sometimes that's just the way it is! I'm sure it will be nice for you all to have the news out there. It really feels real when everyone knows!

I only started a new job in august so a little nervous about telling them.... im presuming itll be unpaid mat leave. I plan to take as long as possible but im concerned that financially we'll struggle by the end.... but not gonna worry about all that right now... :-) really don't know how work will react. My job involves me being on my feet most of the day and involves a lot of walking, stairs and stretching - not great when im finding it hard to keep my eyes open most afternoons!

I only started a new job in august so a little nervous about telling them.... im presuming itll be unpaid mat leave. I plan to take as long as possible but im concerned that financially we'll struggle by the end.... but not gonna worry about all that right now... :-) really don't know how work will react. My job involves me being on my feet most of the day and involves a lot of walking, stairs and stretching - not great when im finding it hard to keep my eyes open most afternoons!

It depends really, but I'd check your contract and see what/if they offer any maternity? Luckily in my job I get 6 months on full pay and I hope to take and extra 2/3 months on top of that but we'll see.

And i am glad to hear I am not the only one that cannot keep my eyes open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wedfan

I am due on 3rd June, I will be weeks on Tuesday. This will be my second. Don't have my booking appointment until the 1st December, wish it was sooner!!! I had a rough 3-4 weeks of sickness and I'm finding work very difficult with the tiredness etc.. Hope that you all are keeping well.

wedfan wrote: »
    I am due on 3rd June, I will be weeks on Tuesday. This will be my second. Don't have my booking appointment until the 1st December, wish it was sooner!!! I had a rough 3-4 weeks of sickness and I'm finding work very difficult with the tiredness etc.. Hope that you all are keeping well.

Congrats and welcome!

I'm on two types of drugs and both have drowsiness as side effects. I'm very sleep these days :) I remember what it was like being at work exhausted last time, it must be tough for you ladies. It does get better after the first trimester! I used to sleep in my car with a duvet on my lunch breaks. It really helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

wedfan wrote: »

I'm due the same day, snap! :)

We should do a post with usernames/due dates so we can keep track :)

Hope everyone is doing well and isn't too sick or tired.

I'm still stick a lot and can't really go out or anything but I'm a lot better than I was so hopefully will avoid any more trips to the hospital anytime soon. My booking in appointment is 2 weeks today (I will be 13.5 weeks) so I'll get checked out again there. I'm still losing weight because I just can't keep enough calories in but I'm hoping that stops soon. I weigh less now then I did when I was a teenager! When the sickness lifts I am going to stuff my face with so many delicious things :)

I had my booking today, don't have my dating scan for another two weeks though, which is good, I'll only be 10w4d at that stage!

Was spotted by a couple of people who all said "hi, I don't see you"! Not to mention my mother came to see me on my ward this morning (I'm on nights) and I was going, yeah, I'm wrecked, can't wait to go straight to bed! Haha! I'm dying to tell her now because I can't cope with the stress of living a double life!

Still feeling quite tired, having good days and bad days with the nausea, nights causes me to have nausea 24hours a day, which s a bit of a pain in the neck, though it's nothing compared to your situation Woshy, hopefully the hyperemesis will lift for you soon!

My E.D.D is 19/06/15

tfak85 wrote: »
    I had my booking today, don't have my dating scan for another two weeks though, which is good, I'll only be 10w4d at that stage!

Was spotted by a couple of people who all said "hi, I don't see you"! Not to mention my mother came to see me on my ward this morning (I'm on nights) and I was going, yeah, I'm wrecked, can't wait to go straight to bed! Haha! I'm dying to tell her now because I can't cope with the stress of living a double life!

Still feeling quite tired, having good days and bad days with the nausea, nights causes me to have nausea 24hours a day, which s a bit of a pain in the neck, though it's nothing compared to your situation Woshy, hopefully the hyperemesis will lift for you soon!

My E.D.D is 19/06/15

Thanks - me too! Any kind of nausea is crap though. It's very debilitating. Hopefully the second trimester will come around soon and you'll feel better.

I'll list the due dates below and then people can quote and add to it.

Woshy: 29th May 2015
    tfak85: 19th June 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Hey girls, hope it's not too late to join the party :P due sometime in June, damn me and my stupid day long forgettable periods! Having my scan in 2 weeks so hopefully they can give me some bit of a better idea cause just having a month isn't ideal! Apart from the crying and tiredness not really much else happening which is actually worrying the bejaysus outta me, feels like there's something wrong even though I know it's just that everyone's different! Oh and congrats everyone :)

• Advertisement

I wish I knew my date too. I'm saying its June 14th but I have to wait for the scan because my cycle is/was all over the place. I have PCOS and underactive thyroid so I'm a tough one to calculate!! :D

Already had a booking appointment and a scan at 6 weeks though but am booked again for a dating scan on dec 3rd and then consultant in January

Any of you feeling ridiculously bloated? I've actually had to give in and buy maternity clothes, even though I've actually lost about 2kg. Really
    Needed work trousers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Hi ladies. My estimated due date is 12 June. Have my first appointment at the Coombe in just over 2 weeks so will be interesting to see what due date they give me based on the scan.

So far I'm having incredibly soft symptoms and really counting myself lucky. Tiredness, bloating and pimples are really all that I'm getting so far. I know I shouldn't wish for sickness but with such soft symptoms it's hard at times to believe that I'm actually pregnant.

Are any of you having first trimester screening done? I'm from the UK and it's standard to test for Downs etc there around 12 weeks. It seems to be an extra that you have to ask for here - is that right? This is my first pregnancy so everything is completely alien to me!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. My estimated due date is 12 June. Have my first appointment at the Coombe in just over 2 weeks so will be interesting to see what due date they give me based on the scan.

So far I'm having incredibly soft symptoms and really counting myself lucky. Tiredness, bloating and pimples are really all that I'm getting so far. I know I shouldn't wish for sickness but with such soft symptoms it's hard at times to believe that I'm actually pregnant.

Are any of you having first trimester screening done? I'm from the UK and it's standard to test for Downs etc there around 12 weeks. It seems to be an extra that you have to ask for here - is that right? This is my first pregnancy so everything is completely alien to me!

Yep, I'm pretty sure you have to ask and pay for it. I know I wasn't offered it on my last pregnancy anyway and I wasn't too fussed on having it so I'm not 100% sure.

I know what you mean about the sickness, obviously it's horrible to be sick but when you're this early on it's hard to believe you're really up the duff. I get hourly reminders that there's something in there messing me up. I've also started feeling flutters too which is nice. I did feel the baby move early last time (at 15/16 weeks) and it is very early to feel anything now but apparently it's possible and more common if you've lost a lot of weight (I've lost 15 lbs in the last 6 weeks or so). It's different to gas/other feelings you get. Sure, you'll have a bump and be kept awake at night by kicks in no time :)
    Boo2112 wrote: »
    Hey girls, hope it's not too late to join the party :P due sometime in June, damn me and my stupid day long forgettable periods! Having my scan in 2 weeks so hopefully they can give me some bit of a better idea cause just having a month isn't ideal! Apart from the crying and tiredness not really much else happening which is actually worrying the bejaysus outta me, feels like there's something wrong even though I know it's just that everyone's different! Oh and congrats everyone :)

Congrats! :D

ok, updated list here. We can alter when dates get confirmed etc. I've had two scans and my due date has been confirmed anyway. Technically I'm May but even though I went a week early last time I think it'll likely be a June baby :)

I just added people who have posted recently so anyone else feel free to add your date!

Woshy: 29th May
    Wittyname1: 3rd June
    Wedfan: 3rd June
    Fifi_123: 12th June
    Allirog: 14th June
    tfak85: 19th June
    Boo 212: TBC

It's just so exciting! :D

I can't understand about you wanting the sickness or something so that you feel pregnant. I think if I didn't have it Id be the same. But what I have is horrendous. Just constant nausea. I'd nearly rather vomit!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

I just added people who have posted recently so anyone else feel free to add your date!

Woshy: 29th May
    Wittyname1: 3rd June
    Wedfan: 3rd June
    Fifi_123: 12th June
    Allirog: 14th June
    tfak85: 19th June
    Boo 212: TBC
    Petal765: 4th June

Just added my date, just less than 2 weeks until my official booking scan, had an early private scan at week 8 though and dates were spot on! Not many symptoms now, just the odd bit of nausea, but extreme bloating and bad skin breakouts... Oh and heartburn

I can't understand about you wanting the sickness or something so that you feel pregnant. I think if I didn't have it Id be the same. But what I have is horrendous. Just constant nausea. I'd nearly rather vomit!

You really don't want to be vomiting - take it from me! :D

Hopefully the nausea won't last past the 13 weeks for you anyway. Not too long to go :)

Hahaha I know what you mean. I just have myself convinced that if I vomited then my nausea would be gone :D

But only 2.5 wks to 12 weeks and then I just know it's going to disappear along with these spots :D:D

Hahaha I know what you mean. I just have myself convinced that if I vomited then my nausea would be gone :D

But only 2.5 wks to 12 weeks and then I just know it's going to disappear along with these spots :D:D

Exactly and then you'll get fab skin and hair and everyone will tell you you're glowing. On my last pregnancy my hair took ages to get greasy so instead of washing it every two days I used to get 5 days out of it. It was great!

Oh and if it helps my nausea doesn't go anywhere when I get sick. It's always there no matter what so you're probably better off keeping what you eat down. Pregnancy is just so delightful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

I know what you mean with the nausea, I have a hiatus hernia aswel so most of my 'pregnancy' symptoms I've actually had for months due to the hernia so it definitely doesn't feel real for me!

How did people find the early private scan? My booking in is 2 weeks today but I'm feeling so impatient I still want to get one sooner just to set my mind at ease!

Lots of crying again this morning, please tell me that only lasts to 12 weeks too, my OH is getting embarrassed to be seen with me in case people think he's hitting me or somethin :P

Totally bloated aswel, can't sleep cause I can't get comfortable but yet I'm tired all the time, this is all so confusing :P

Advertisement