Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 31 Party: Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭danielhogan

of course, eventually...have you heard of the concept of a 'business'??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

of course, eventually...have you heard of the concept of a 'business'??

Be careful with the tone of how you address others on here especially moderators (gimmick for instance) you are advertising your business activity here (which in itself may need to be moved into a more general thread such ad the wrestling events one just to avoid breaking boards rules re advertising) and if you want people to come to your event then a less confrontational approach to peoples queries would be advised especially when it is in relation to people expecting something to be for charity. Of course your not the only one whose tone or whatever could be questioned but you are the only one trying to drum up business.

That said charity or not I'd really enjoy something like this myself but its the wrong side of Christmas for me being in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

Has anybody ever heard of supporting local start up businesses. Quit bitching and criticizing. A service is being given that's not available in Waterford yet people still aren't happy.

The original information.or thread for this wasn't started to promote a business, it was to put feelers out if people were interested in wrestling events in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 7 edgedogg1984

I think the Table Quiz is a great idea for a night out, especially when there is little to nothing to do in Waterford in general, let alone for Wrestling Fans.

Charity or not it sounds like good fun.

Cheaper than the cinema, the chance of getting a prize and the opportunity to meet up with people who have similar interests as yourself!

Count me in... I'll mention it to a couple of the lads I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

After a venue is booked and equipment is hired, would there even be much of a profit at €10 per table? These things are usually €20 per table in fairness. I wouldn't have even thought to question where money goes! :pac: I'll go to this as it should be a laugh and it's very rare you see something like this in Waterford.

Is it pay on the night or do you have to book a table?

Can you give any hints about the types of questions on the night, will they be broken up into categories?

Also, fair play to the mods leaving stuff like this up, like BH said it can be frowned upon in other forums, but the common sense nature of the place is one of the reasons I come into the PW forum regularly even though I'm only a casual viewer of wrestling at best these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

@danielhogan

There's also an event guide thread over in the Waterford forum, you could put the word out there too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357621&page=27

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Didn't CCW run one last year to fund their training school which is a business.
    Don't remember them getting questioned on it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Didn't CCW run one last year to fund their training school which is a business.
    Don't remember them getting questioned on it at the time.

Didn't they specify what it was for though? and tbh that would fall under the remit of a fundraiser.

The lads didn't really specify what it was for.

Either way good luck with it!

Be careful with the tone of how you address others on here especially moderators (gimmick for instance) you are advertising your business activity here (which in itself may need to be moved into a more general thread such ad the wrestling events one just to avoid breaking boards rules re advertising) and if you want people to come to your event then a less confrontational approach to peoples queries would be advised especially when it is in relation to people expecting something to be for charity. Of course your not the only one whose tone or whatever could be questioned but you are the only one trying to drum up business.

That said charity or not I'd really enjoy something like this myself but its the wrong side of Christmas for me being in Ireland.

@Bounty Hunter, thank you for your comments. the were both fair and diplomatic, the way it should be, I appreciate that, and am delighted this is something you'd be interested in if you were in Waterford at the time.

I in no way wished to dis-respect anyone on this forum, but I felt I was being pointlessly 'ganged up' on for absolutely no reason, especially by a moderator who should know better.

As @Brendao stated, I myself would never even have thought otherwise as to where the profit (if any) was going, as there are numerous (non wrestling) related events like this in Waterford, and if they are for charity (which I'm not ruling out in the future), this would be clearly stated.

In a time of recession, I'm merely trying to create something in a small city which is quite frankly dying on its backside.

By putting on this small event, I myself may make something small, people will have a nice alternative night out, and a venue which would likely have very little income on a Thursday will hopefully make a few Euro's.

If there were more people with this mindset, the country may not be in the trouble it's in today.

@brendai, @buttonteaser @cherry_cola, @edgedogg1984 - thanks for the support:)

thanks @garseys

ccw is a business, and a fantastic one too..they're a wrestling company, like mine, but in a different capacity, and this is a wrestling thread, it's all about creating awareness

• Advertisement

JUST A REMINDER GUYS..

Waterford Wrestling Events presents
    All Wrestling Table Quiz:
    Mount Sion Centre (upstairs lounge), Thursday 27th November €3 a person, or €10 for a team of 4
    9PM Start

JUST A REMINDER GUYS..

OUR QUIZ IS TONIGHT:)

Waterford Wrestling Events presents
    All Wrestling Table Quiz:
    Mount Sion Centre (upstairs lounge), Thursday 27th November €3 a person, or €10 for a team of 4
    9PM Start

Reminder:)
    Tickets for our Wrestlemania 31 party are available from The Forum Waterford boxoffice, or forumwaterford.ie, and are priced at €12.50 inc booking fee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

How did the quiz go?

great thanks, I was quizmaster myself, twas great fun!!!

Hi All

Just a quick update on ticket sales. Unfortunately, Ticket Advisor are not renewing their contract with The Forum Waterford when it expires at the end of 2014. Therefore, from Jan 1st 2015, you will be unable to purchase tickets online, but you will be still able to purchase tickets from the Next Door off licence at the Forum. If you are not from Waterford and are planning on attending the event, it might be an idea to get your tickets online before the end of December.

Thanks
    Dan

Reminder:

Only 13 days left of internet availability for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

How have ticket sales been going? For something like this I would be probably waiting to see what way I'm fixed on the weekend in question, if I'm working or not, or if I am watching alone.

They're going great thanks..minor disaster with the ticket vender finishing up with online sales...it's no harm to Waterford people as they can walk into the vender and get tickets, its just the people who might be a little further than Waterford city, the online option was handy for them..

Just a quick update guys, tickets are now only available from the next door off licence at the forum waterford,and no longer available online,apologies for any inconvenience

• Advertisement

Just to clear up some confusion. A number have people have gone to the Next Door off licence @ The Forum Waterford in recent days to purchase tickets only to be told that tickets are sold out. Tickets are NOT sold out and are available manually at the NEXT Door off licence. There was some slight confusion between Forum Staff as the tickets were not available on their printing system, but they are now all pre-printed and are available at the desk for €12.50

Also...Tuesday January 20th, our sponsors, The Munster Express will be running a competition to win 2 tickets to our Wrestlemania Party on March 29th.

To be in with a chance to win, try and predict the 2015 Royal Rumble winner.
    Send answers to The Munster Express, 37 The Quay Waterford

This day next week, Tuesday January 20th, our sponsors, The Munster Express will be running a competition to win 2 tickets to our Wrestlemania Party on March 29th

To be in with a chance to win, try and predict the 2015 Royal Rumble winner.
    Send answers to The Munster Express, 37 The Quay Waterford.

***To celebrate this, tomorrow, at 10am, we will be endorsed by one of your favourites...stay tuned!!!!***

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

***The Hardcore Legend, 3 Time WWE Champion, Best Selling Author Mick Foley endorses our Wrestlemania 31 Party on March 29th at the Mount Sion Centre!!!!!!!!!***

http://youtu.be/2wBEvfDJLJc

The Royal Rumble has been and gone, we're on the home stretch! Don't forget, tickets to our Wrestlemania 31 Party are on sale from The Next Door off licence at The Forum Waterford, priced at €12.50 inc booking fee!
    Strictly over 18's only, as alcohol will be served on the night!
    Also, you're more than welcome to dress up on the night, as we will have a prize for the best costume!

Congratulations to Theresa Doyle, Ferrybank, and Paul O Neill, Dunmore Road who have each won a pair of tickets to our Wrestlemania 31 Party on March 29th. A big thanks to our sponsors, The Munster Express!

I only saw this now. Will there be any more competitions coming up for tickets to this event? A friend of mine reminded me of it yesterday when he asked me did I see the Foley video.

Hiya..yep, we'll be running another one in The Munster Express before the event, it'll be for a pair of tickets...bear in mind there was hundreds of entries for this one, so chances are low, but somebody has to win...tickets are still available for purchase though, very affordable at €12.50

If I'm able to be there I will. How are your ticket sales going so far, have many people paid already? Someone was trying to draft me into a quiz team but I ended up having to work then.

We have 35 gone so far, which is great as it's still 2 months away..the quiz was great fun, we might do one more before the Wrestlemania event itself!!!

• Advertisement

Keep us updated. Also, be careful about putting your posters on the windows of vacant shops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement