Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox One Console + Destiny + Titanfall: €379 (Argos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

:(

Sent you a pm but I think its out of time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Your one in Argos in Limerick was a bit snarky over getting 2 copies of Destiny.

"Oh you got 2 copies of Destiny I see......... Are you gonna sell the other one?" *nervous laugh from your one*

"Ya sure I may as well" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Still in 2 minds about this....think I might hold out for a better deal in the run up to Christmas or early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bleh didn't see this till I got home and my local Argos is shut for the night, going to try to nip across tomorrow morning and chance my arm. Hopefully the fact I have it reserved at the deal price will mean I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭str|ct9

Anyone that managed to get it - did you have 2 reservations? One for the console & one for the games.

That is what I have and I'm not sure if the staff will let me away with it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

i ony had one reservations what price came up when you reserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i have to pick up destiny on friday, they didn't even look at the receipt tbh, just you owe this much and pick this up on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Just got mine there. Caused a lot of confusion as Destiny is no longer offered in any deal. Luckily I had the email confirmation.

What to do with second copy of Destiny? Gamestop offer e24 or e34 credit. Bastads.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

maybe adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

cookie24 wrote: »
    Just got mine there. Caused a lot of confusion as Destiny is no longer offered in any deal. Luckily I had the email confirmation.

What to do with second copy of Destiny? Gamestop offer e24 or e34 credit. Bastads.

Cheers OP

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917124235#.VCFK_vldUro
    42 cash from cex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Cheers OP

CEX give you €42 cash check webuy.ie might be one close to where you live

a lot of unopened ones on adverts for e55. Wonder were they reading this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

went upto Cex just now to trade in destiny for 46 credit and get the kinect 2 but the last one was sold in the previous 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Cheers OP
    Bring it back to Argos saying that you bought it for your brother/nephew but they all ready had it.you should get your money back

naughto wrote: »
    Bring it back to Argos saying that you bought it for your brother/nephew but they all ready had it.you should get your money back

doubt it, that trick stopped working in the 90s

Many a week in college I picked up a cheapo pop or rnb promo in Freebird and then went over to virgin, hmv, our price etc and 'exchanged' for the latest indie or rock album 'a a present for my brother'!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

sweetie wrote: »
    went upto Cex just now to trade in destiny for 46 credit and get the kinect 2 but the last one was sold in the previous 10 mins!

Is there a difference between the Kinect for the 360 and the XboxOne?

Is there a difference between the Kinect for the 360 and the XboxOne?

yeah, they look different and aren't compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Has no one had issues with these or have I just got really unlucky? I bought one yesterday and It was really noisy just sitting on the dashboard, sounded like an old printer, these are supposed to be real silent with the exception of the fan. I brought it back this morning and got a replacement and it has the exact same problem, a friend also reporting the same issues and plenty of reports online about it too: http://www.firstadopter.com/2014/09/11/xbox-one-we-have-a-coil-whine-noise-problem/

Guess ill just get a refund and hold off for now

Sold one copy in CEX for 42 and have the other on adverts. No bites so far though....

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Colemania wrote: »
    Sold one copy in CEX for 42 and have the other on adverts. No bites so far though....

Will CEX give 42 euro cash for the used copy of Destiny ? Or is just for the new copy you got free?

• Advertisement

DaraDali wrote: »
    Will CEX give 42 euro cash for the used copy of Destiny ? Or is just for the new copy you got free?

As long as the disc is in perfect condition, they'll give you the 42 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Collected mine today. Or should I say just about!
    Was being charged 499 at the till until I showed my email conformation of 379 for the console plus 2 x destiny. The woman still couldn't believe it and made a call to somebody web related id say taking 5 bloody minutes to then confirming with the manager that it was a true deal. The manager looked so pissed off. Was delighted! Off to cex to cash in on the second destiny copy. Cheers OP!

is this a just a good deal or a really really really good deal?

basically, I need help in justifying this! I have a reservation code for this evening so need to decide fast.

ablelocks wrote: »

basically, I need help in justifying this! I have a reservation code for this evening so need to decide fast.

its a good deal. I think it must be a glitch that you can get destiny x2. Maybe its a really good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is it still on the website?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    is it still on the website?

no. similar deal now is cod ghosts x2 for 478. big difference.

ablelocks wrote: »

the equivalent deal in the uk was £349.99 and it went very, very HOT on hotdeals uk. The euro price equates to £300 so its bloody great deal IMO.

Bargain alerts is addictive. I'm off to get a 32" TV now for e200 for my new console :D

thats just what i wanted to hear.

keep it up people, another couple of supportive posts like that and I'll be all set.

bargain alerts boardsies, helping each other buy stuff they don't need since 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

no. similar deal now is cod ghosts x2 for 478. big difference.

so no way of knowing if it's in one store or not? I'd love to do this to get a XB1 for less than 300 euro (trade in both copies of Destiny)

Advertisement