Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers Age of Extinction

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha, I watched that trailer with the volume off; something tells me I didn't miss important plot subtleties ... I dunno, is Grimlock so powerful an allure that we drop our guard for a 4th time? C'mon people! Be strong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ha, I watched that trailer with the volume off; something tells me I didn't miss important plot subtleties ... I dunno, is Grimlock so powerful an allure that we drop our guard for a 4th time? C'mon people! Be strong! :)

Absolutely not!!!...........Yes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

27.jpg

Some of the slow motion explosion shots in that trailer actually play like a parody of a Michael Bay Transformers movie. In a way, his inability to listen to criticism is admirable. Horribly, repulsively admirable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Oh Bay you bastard, we'll all give out but still go to see it just for Grimlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That looked sh*te. The human characters once again will get too much screen time. The transformers will be indistinguishable from each other. The action will be frantic. The big sell of Optimus riding Grimlock with a sword didn't really leave me going wow either, it's just another CGI snooze fest but bigger and more explodier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Grimlock is suppose to be a t-rex not a dragon more of the same **** looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bacchus wrote: »
    That looked sh*te. The human characters once again will get too much screen time. The transformers will be indistinguishable from each other. The action will be frantic. The big sell of Optimus riding Grimlock with a sword didn't really leave me going wow either, it's just another CGI snooze fest but bigger and more explodier.

In fairness, it looks like they have cleaned up the designs a great deal; with the new look being far easier to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Grimlock. Damn you Michael Bay. There's no way this will any good but you've already won. Grimlock.

Thats not Grimlock :(

FU Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Meh, ill pass thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

He was a T-Rex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yes! This movie is going to be all about Grim....

Just grim :(

Yup, he looks really poor. No effort to make him look awesome, just really really big. Just because the design is huge doesn't mean it's good. Just another clunky mess of this "alien" style transformer that Bay insists on.
    In fairness, it looks like they have cleaned up the designs a great deal; with the new look being far easier to read.

Optimus looks cleaned up a bit. Bumblebee, for the brief shot we get, looks same as before but he was always the most identifiable. As for the rest of the shots of transformers, it's just more of the same (see my comment on Grimlock above). It does not look like there will be any more "character" to the transformers than we got in the previous 3 movies. Also, I really hope that wasn't Optimus being taken down AGAIN (by FaceGun) so that it's all about saving/resurrecting Optimus so he can save the day. They've done that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

The Happening part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He's an Albertosaurus now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the irish guy is hardly in the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

although he does get a grubby faced poster http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40353

Wow, least excited I've been after watching a Transformers trailer. This just looks like a complete rehash of the previous movies... and a bit of a Man of Steel vibe off it too with this alien invasion. The opening tease of a rickety old Optimus and Autobots on the run looked like they might be doing something cool and new but no, it's just another "We don't need the autobots anymore... oh ****! Giant evil robots are invading! How wrong were we! Save us Autobots!". The action looks same same, the dinobots don't look impressive and they've replaced the old human characters with even more generic ones (struggling, honest, blue collar Dad trying to make enough to put his hot daughter through college).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

So all your one does is shout dad!
    Looks too much like 3 here's hoping I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Looks like a Transformers movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Just looks no different than the other films in the franchise? Hopefully it doesn't drag on like the last one and will be worth a watch (have a bad feeling though)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

CPSW wrote: »
    Just looks no different than the other films in the franchise? Hopefully it doesn't drag on like the last one and will be worth a watch (have a bad feeling though)!

If it looks no different to the others, why on Earth would you watch it? I'd rather watch paint dry, at least I wouldn't get a headache.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Another alien invasion and another raft of uninteresting human characters taking centre stage. At least Walberg is generally quite likeable I suppose, unlike Le Beouf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

God damn Michael Bay if they were going to try go in a new direction new story why didn't they try a new director :mad:. Looks exactly like the previous excruciating incarnations of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im going to see this for the Dinbots and nothing else tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God damn Michael Bay if they were going to try go in a new direction new story why didn't they try a new director :mad:. Looks exactly like the previous excruciating incarnations of it.

Cos it's money for old rope; the previous 3 films made a ludicrous amount of money and doubtless much of that went into Bays pockets. The guy obviously has no artistic sensibility to speak of, so I doubt he had to think twice about directing another film.

As for the trailer, well it's what you'd expect really; did anyone seriously think they might see something different? Loud, obnoxious, asinine etc; it has all be said before. I did almost vomit thanks to all the rural, all-American family cliches thrown around but I'd suspect the home-crowd love it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I thought the other movies were entertaining. Leave your brain outside and watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

goz83 wrote: »
    I thought the other movies were entertaining. Leave your brain outside and watch.

I love brainless action movies such as Pacifc Rim, Expendables 2 etc but no Transformers was just painful viewing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Transformers is approximately 84 times better than either Expendables movie.

Everyone knows what to expect from these films. I genuinely don't understand why so many of you feel the need to go out of your way to tell te rest of us how **** this will be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Cos it's money for old rope; the previous 3 films made a ludicrous amount of money and doubtless much of that went into Bays pockets. The guy obviously has no artistic sensibility to speak of, so I doubt he had to think twice about directing another film.

As for the trailer, well it's what you'd expect really; did anyone seriously think they might see something different? Loud, obnoxious, asinine etc; it has all be said before. I did almost vomit thanks to all the rural, all-American family cliches thrown around but I'd suspect the home-crowd love it all the same.

The thing about Bay is, as much as I despise everything he stands for in many ways, he still has a good film in him, case in point Pain & Gain was great fun (imo) it's just this material is just so unsuited to him. Having Bay make these films is like employing Spielberg to make a sequel to Bad Boys imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The thing about Bay is, as much as I despise everything he stands for in many ways, he still has a good film, case in point Pain & Gain was great fun (imo) it's just this material is just so unsuited to him. Having Bay make these films is like employing Spielberg to make a sequel to Bad Boys imo.

Bad Boys, The Rock and Pain & Gain were all perfectly solid popcorn fodder. I agree someone else should have been left take the helm of the franchise, I don't despise Bay as much as some people, I definitely think he can craft some brilliant setpieces and some of the shots he comes up with are brilliant, but he just uses the same tired old cliches in every film.

Advertisement