Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I don't think we'll ever see Madigan go west tbh. That said, I would be very interested to see how he'd get on starting 10 week in week out with Marmion inside him and Aki and Henshaw outside him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stainalert wrote: »
    Cooney much better than Porter - no comparison. Would be foolish for Connacht to show loyalty to an inferior player - no room for that in professional game. Cooney just needs a run of games to show what he can do. If Connacht are not prepared to play him than they should never have requested transfer in first place. Waste of everyone's time. Gilsenan last season was similar.

Yes, assuming Cooney is now fully recovered, he needs game time. Did he play for Terenure last night?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Cooney had all the physical attributes necessary to be a very good scrum half and his pass is a lot better than McGraths. However his decision making remains ropey. He makes quick decisions at ruck time, whic is good, but they're often glaringly wrong. I've seen him ignore a four man overlap to pop a blindside ball to a static forward.

He looks a lot better on TV than in real life to me as you often can't see the opportunities he misses. Maybe more game time will solve that problem but he's not getting it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Reember the le roux to leinster as a project player a couple of seasons ago.

There were lads here who claimed le roux wasn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Reember the le roux to leinster as a project player a couple of seasons ago.

There were lads here who claimed le roux wasn't good enough.

That was all A.K. wishful thinking with that rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Morf wrote: »

Ibf actually but a lot were saying he wouldn't be good enough for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

And then Kirchner was signed and even more people said the same, proving, if anything, that most of us, like Jon Snow, know nothing. :P

We get it wrong sometimes. The first time I saw Isa playing - at 10 - I thought he should be shipped straight back to NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Morf wrote: »

He broke my heart once. But not today...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

vienne86 wrote: »
    We get it wrong sometimes. The first time I saw Isa playing - at 10 - I thought he should be shipped straight back to NZ.

I'd seen quite a lot of him in the S14 and I was fuppin' delighted when Leinster signed him, but he was used so badly in his first season. What a player though, what a bloody player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 seanl90

Prop
    Ed Byrne - inactive, rumoured to be injured.
    Peter Dooley - inactive.
    Hooker
    Bryan Byrne - inactive.
    Lock
    Tadhg Beirne - injured.
    Gavin Thornbury - bench for UCD
    Ross Molony - started for UCD at 4
    Backrow
    Jordan Coghlan - inactive.
    Josh Van Der Flier - inactive.
    Dan Leavy - inactive.
    Peadar Timmins - started for UCD at 8
    Scrumhalf
    Nick McCarthy - started for UCD at 9, 1 try.
    Outhalf
    Cathal Marsh - started for St. Marys at 10, 1 try.
    Ross Byrne - started for UCD at 10, 1 con.
    Centre
    Steve Crosbie -started for Old Belvo at 10.
    Tom Daly - started for Lansdowne at 12.
    Tom Farrell - started for Lansdowne at 13, 2 tries.
    Rory O'Loughlin - started for Old Belvo at 13.
    Gary Ringrose - started for UCD at 13.
    Harrison Brewer - injured.
    Back Three
    Adam Byrne - started for UCD at 11.
    Ian Fitzpatrick - injured.
    Cian Kelleher - started for Lansdowne at 14, 1 try.
    Billy Dardis - started for UCD at 15.

Sub-academy - Josh Murphy started for UCD at 6, Oisin Heffernan started for Terenure at 3, Nick Timoney started for Marys at 8, David O'Connor started for Marys at 4, Conor Oliver started for Marys at 7, Charlie Rock started for Old Belvo at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Stainalert

seanl90 wrote: »
    Prop
    Ed Byrne - inactive, rumoured to be injured.
    Peter Dooley - inactive.
    Hooker
    Bryan Byrne - inactive.
    Lock
    Tadhg Beirne - injured.
    Gavin Thornbury - bench for UCD
    Ross Molony - started for UCD at 4
    Backrow
    Jordan Coghlan - inactive.
    Josh Van Der Flier - inactive.
    Dan Leavy - inactive.
    Peadar Timmins - started for UCD at 8
    Scrumhalf
    Nick McCarthy - started for UCD at 9, 1 try.
    Outhalf
    Cathal Marsh - started for St. Marys at 10, 1 try.
    Ross Byrne - started for UCD at 10, 1 con.
    Centre
    Steve Crosbie -started for Old Belvo at 10.
    Tom Daly - started for Lansdowne at 12.
    Tom Farrell - started for Lansdowne at 13, 2 tries.
    Rory O'Loughlin - started for Old Belvo at 13.
    Gary Ringrose - started for UCD at 13.
    Harrison Brewer - injured.
    Back Three
    Adam Byrne - started for UCD at 11.
    Ian Fitzpatrick - injured.
    Cian Kelleher - started for Lansdowne at 14, 1 try.
    Billy Dardis - started for UCD at 15.

Sub-academy - Josh Murphy started for UCD at 6, Oisin Heffernan started for Terenure at 3, Nick Timoney started for Marys at 8, David O'Connor started for Marys at 4, Conor Oliver started for Marys at 7, Charlie Rock started for Old Belvo at 9.

Matt O'Connor has blocked all his front row forwards from playing with clubs as with intl call ups and injuries he is worried about his front row options diminishing even further

Matt O'Connor has blocked all his front row forwards from playing with clubs as with intl call ups and injuries he is worried about his front row options diminishing even further

well the only healthy players are; McGrath, Ross, Bent, Furlong & Dooley. I think.

I can see his point, but pity they are not getting game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Someone mentioned to me today that Ed Byrne is injured at the moment. Anyone else hear anything on that? Apparently some sort of shoulder injury.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me today that Ed Byrne is injured at the moment. Anyone else hear anything on that? Apparently some sort of shoulder injury.

I only saw it in another post.......another prop - feck it anyway.

heard it was his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭phog

Saw it on Twitter but only from a Joe Public so nothing really confirming it.

Yeah it was just mentioned to me by someone who knows someone who knows his family so wasn't sure if it was true. Looks like it is though. Damn it, what is the deal with injured props this season!?

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

10784995_1571320913087339_347196596_n.jpg

Cian Healy seems to have lost about three inches off his waistline. Is this sort of weight loss desirable for a prop?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Cian Healy seems to have lost about three inches off his waistline. Is this sort of weight loss desirable for a prop?

I would have thought definitely NOT. Bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

awec wrote: »

I heard Joe is leaving McGrath at loosehead and moving Healy into the centre :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Ah I wouldn't worry about it. Firstly, from his interview on Off The Ball last week I got the sense he has been given a nice bit of time off and away from the game to refresh. Of course he's still following his rehab programme 100% but other than that he can relax a bit. Secondly, Healy is the kind of physical specimen that a few weeks back eating and lifting and he'll back to where he needs to be....some guys are lucky and can afford to take a break, others could be set back significantly by easing up for a month.

Btw, he must be the only prop in the world who stops training and eats what he wants and loses weight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

He'd put that back on in a flash. No point in trying to maintain a high weight mass when you're not playing.

case885 wrote: »
    I heard Joe is leaving McGrath at loosehead and moving Healy into the centre :pac:

I always fancied Cronin for centre, but that would involve a lot of swapping!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

vienne86 wrote: »
    I always fancied Cronin for centre, but that would involve a lot of swapping!!!!

That could be schmidt's plan b if we are down in the world cup final (highly unlikely we'll be behind though). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

The idea of a SOB and Healy 12 and 13. Think of the carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

DGRulz wrote: »
    The idea of a SOB and Healy 12 and 13. Think of the carnage!

We might actually get some soft offloads in midfield with those two too!

• Advertisement

Gosh, I'd forgotten about Rob's contract! Great news. Got to hand it to the IRFU - since the Sexton debacle, they've played a blinder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement