Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Clegg wrote: »
    Not sure about the exact timeframe. It was 05/06 anyway. He def looked overweight though.

In all fairness he always had a chubby face. But around that time he had a beefier frame too, (which i presume was on purpose) and he made the effort to slim down as he got older.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

case885 wrote: »
    Is Bent still ahead of Furlong at TH if you had to choose between the two?

I'd say so, that was only Furlong's 4th start. But it is only a matter of time before he comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Apart from the injuries there seems to be a pretty positive reaction to Leinster's performance,disappointed I missed it.How did Denton get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Tox56 wrote: »
    I'd say so, that was only Furlong's 4th start. But it is only a matter of time before he comes through

Great prospect, hopefully he keeps getting the starts like moore last year and he hasn't seemed out of depth when hes been tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Apart from the injuries there seems to be a pretty positive reaction to Leinster's performance,disappointed I missed it.How did Denton get on?

Denton was good, nothing spectacular but a decent shift. Did very well for the 4th try, great hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

shuffol wrote: »
    I think it was effectively the last play of the game anyway. Stuck out an arm to stop Nikki Walker going in for a consolation try.

That game had a bizarre ending IIRC. Nacewa scored two late drop goals I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leinster are joint second on the tries scored table :eek:

Glasgow have 22
    Lein and Osp have 21
    Ulster 20
    Lanelli 18

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Swan Curry wrote: »

There was a huge lull in the middle of the game, but at times you actually had Leinster moving the ball quickly from the ruck, running lines, and making ground with the ball. I know the opposition was a lot weaker but there was such a contrast from the Castres game where the primary objective seemed to be run into the nearest defender. For a league game with around 20 players missing it was pretty good.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,216 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Teo needed surgery according to Leinster fb.... crap! !

Hope the update tomorrow is not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Teo needed surgery according to Leinster fb.... crap! !

Hope the update tomorrow is not terrible.

It's likely that Luke Fitz went to see him and tripped upon entering the hospital, and is out for 10-12 weeks.

Completely unavoidable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

When is SOB back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does BBC Alba have English commentary now?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

19543261 wrote: »
    When is SOB back again?

I fear the answer to that one.

19543261 wrote: »
    When is SOB back again?

Will be the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So Teo confirmed 6 weeks out. Had his op last night I think.

6 weeks isn't too bad considering he had surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Hagz wrote: »
    He's not good enough to be playing senior rugby this year no. Unlikely that he'll see much next year either I think. The highest in the pecking order would be O'Loughlin. But I wouldn't expect to see him this season. Next season is when I think they'll be looking to expose Farrell/ROL and Ringrose to a bit of senior rugby.

Nearly 100% sure but nearly certain that Ringrose has been training with the full Ireland squad. Probably not going to amount to anything but he's in camp with everyone.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Teferi wrote: »
    So Teo confirmed 6 weeks out. Had his op last night I think.

Yea he did. Picture on his instagram of him lying in hospital this morning with the cast on.

Nearly 100% sure but nearly certain that Ringrose has been training with the full Ireland squad. Probably not going to amount to anything but he's in camp with everyone.

At the last 6 nations, i went to an open training camp, and the Leinster U19's/u20's were there to run opposition. I imagine this is something similar.

Leinster don't have another game for three weeks so at least Te'o won't be missing a ton of games, but still a real shame. Thought he was feeling his way into the game nicely on Friday.

• Advertisement

Leinster don't have another game for three weeks so at least Te'o won't be missing a ton of games, but still a real shame. Thought he was feeling his way into the game nicely on Friday.

It's more than a shame tbh. He needed those games to show if he was ready for the Quins matches. Even if he's healed there's no way he can play in the European Cup now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I am 100% sure he has been training with the Irish squad. So have Jordan Coghlan, Gavin Thornbury, Jack Dwan, Jeremy Loughman, Cormac Brennan and several others.

It's more than a shame tbh. He needed those games to show if he was ready for the Quins matches. Even if he's healed there's no way he can play in the European Cup now.

Well not in rounds 3 and 4 anyway. It's a bugger he go this injury, but I'm relieved it's 6 weeks....thought it would be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

6 weeks is pips. Was fearing this was a season ending injury. Come the new year we'll have some serious firepower back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well not in rounds 3 and 4 anyway. It's a bugger he go this injury, but I'm relieved it's 6 weeks....thought it would be more.

Agreed. He will have 3 or 4 matches to get up to speed and fitness then before the last two rounds. I would have guessed he'd be gone until the new year.

The Wasps away game is going to be a crucial one and having him back and fit for that (if he can prove a good option) could be very useful against their back line defence.

Buer wrote: »
    Agreed. He will have 3 or 4 matches to get up to speed and fitness then before the last two rounds. I would have guessed he'd be gone until the new year.

The Wasps away game is going to be a crucial one and having him back and fit for that (if he can prove a good option) could be very useful against their back line defence.

Having him in midfield to hit their big runners would be handy, seems like he'll tackle anything.

It could be much worse with Te'o. We could really have done with him for the double header in December but he should be nicely fit for rounds 5 an 6, and I think we will really need him for the trip to Wasps.

People seem to be under the assumption that he's a decent rugby player? Will we need him against Wasps? So far he hasn't played a full game of senior rugby.

Hagz wrote: »
    People seem to be under the assumption that he's a decent rugby player? Will we need him against Wasps? So far he hasn't played a full game of senior rugby.

We have no proper 13 in the squad. Yes we need him. He looked competent enough in his incredibly brief cameo and he has more raw material than any other option we have. Who knows how he'll pan out but we need a 13 and he's our best hope.

• Advertisement

We have no proper 13 in the squad.

And Te'o is a proper 13? He's no more a 13 than Fergus McFadden, Gordon D'Arcy or even Rob Kearney. Not trying to be pessimistic, but I think it's a little premature to be talking about him in terms of the RCC. Let him play more than 14 mins of a Pro12 game first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement