Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

snubbleste wrote: »
    Still ongoing.

Did they ever reintroduce the spend €25 and get €5?

Did they ever reintroduce the spend €25 and get €5?
    No. Anti-singleton so it is.

Two years ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

snubbleste wrote: »
    Two years ongoing

Works a charm. Keeps me coming back. Getting better at angling the weeks shop towards the "50 exactly" mark. If just short, grab more loo roll. It will get used at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Works a charm. Keeps me coming back. Getting better at angling the weeks shop towards the "50 exactly" mark. If just short, grab more loo roll. It will get used at some stage.

Used to be a Dunnes regular but they are so expensive that even with 20% off its still cheaper to go to Lidl

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jsd1004 wrote: »

Used to be a Dunnes regular but they are so expensive that even with 20% off its still cheaper to go to Lidl

Can't agree with that. It all depends on what you're buying, especially whether branded or not.

You won't get six litres of milk in Lidl for four euro!

It's particularly good when there's a decent booze deal to use in conjunction with a voucher like the current 25% back on six or more bottles of wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

1kg of Siucra caster sugar in Charlestown for €1 today. That's very good value

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

et101 wrote: »
    1kg of Siucra caster sugar in Charlestown for €1 today. That's very good value

2kg for 1.50 in Dealz if there's one near. Sucrose is sucrose; one of the things where brand is completely irrelevant. Suicra is made in Germany now.

Price has definitely dropped as it used to be 1.5KG for 1.50 which is the same price as the brand in Dunnes now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Shop and save is great, prices seem on par with Tesco and stock up on offers. Cute move by dunnes. I find most people have shops way outside limits e.g. 80 with tenner off used

L1011 wrote: »
    2kg for 1.50 in Dealz if there's one near. Sucrose is sucrose; one of the things where brand is completely irrelevant. Suicra is made in Germany now.

Price has definitely dropped as it used to be 1.5KG for 1.50 which is the same price as the brand in Dunnes now.

Totally agree that brand is irrelevant I was just specifiying what sugar it was. Iceland are also selling 2 x 1kg packs of sugar for €2.... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

et101 wrote:
    Totally agree that brand is irrelevant I was just specifiying what sugar it was. Iceland are also selling 2 x 1kg packs of sugar for €2....

Tesco has it made from beet root ? Is there any difference ?

tharmor wrote: »
    Tesco has it made from beet root ? Is there any difference ?

Beetroot sugar?? I would definitely say there would be a difference, for starters it would catch your eye cos it would be purple and I can't imagine what it would taste like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

sugar is made from boot beet and cane. The beet sugar factory was in Tuam when I was growing up so we in Ireland would have been brought up on sugar made from beet. I don't know if there is a difference in taste between beet and cane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

et101 wrote:
    Beetroot sugar?? I would definitely say there would be a difference, for starters it would catch your eye cos it would be purple and I can't imagine what it would taste like

Do u know color of sugar cane ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

FFS, start a new thread rather than derailing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

jsd1004 wrote: »

Yes, but not for the same products. I like Avonmore Milk, Persil and Comfort, Onken yogurt, Walkers Spicy Nuts, and a number of other branded items that I cannot buy in Lidl. So I do the big shop in Dunnes and get/use the vouchers, some weeks €150, some weeks €100 (usually includes wine, f&v, bakery items, etc...)

And I am perfectly happy with Lidl for salami, loo roll, brown bread, pancakes, olives, sliced beetroot, potato cakes, cleaning products and nappies! Prob spend €60 there every other week.

Dunnes have finally beaten Tesco into third place, now within spitting distance of toppling Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Deedsie wrote: »
    Will they ever introduce online grocery shopping and delivery?

I"d love them to just so I could check their prices online. Rubbish website as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

et101 wrote: »
    Beetroot sugar?? I would definitely say there would be a difference, for starters it would catch your eye cos it would be purple and I can't imagine what it would taste like :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dunnes now has the largest share of the grocery market in ROI, with 22.6% to 22.4% for SuperValu and 21.4% for Tesco.

http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/ie/grocery-market-share/ireland/snapshot/06.11.16/

Shop & Save is doing the business and long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

IMG-20161117-WA0000.jpeg

Spotted this in St Stephen Green: anybody knows if it is valid for every store?

darconio wrote: »
    IMG-20161117-WA0000.jpeg
    What does the sign say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I miss those 25 vouchers

darconio wrote: »

Spotted that too passing George's St a fortnight ago but then forgot all about it.

All mention in adverts, on their website and on signs in my local stores only mention €10 off €50 so it must be specific to a couple of 'convenience' stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We got a couple of those vouchers in Dunnes recently, in large stores.

Looking at the photo posted, the just-about-legible small print at the bottom says the €5 vouchers are issued in participating stores only and then lists these stores (can't make all these out).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Quackster wrote: »
    Looking at the photo posted, the just-about-legible small print at the bottom says the €5 vouchers are issued in participating stores only and then lists these stores (can't make all these out).

Definitely includes Georges Street- got one during the week, which I redeemed in Maynooth this evening.
    Re: Maynooth- spent 141 on shopping- got 3 * 10 Euro off when you spend 50 coupons/vouchers, not two (and 25 quid off from 3 pre-existing vouchers). I think they have loosened up the qualifying criteria for the vouchers a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

its available in Dunnes Eyre Square Galway as well at the moment

Advertisement