Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thebiglad wrote: »
    The benefit with using Dunnes is that if you spend €50 again the next week (€40 after voucher) they will give you another voucher for the next week - Tesco will happily take the Dunnes voucher on a €50 shop but there it stops.

If you are regular shopper at over €50 using voucher in Dunnes a much better option.

Totally agree, when craft beer is on offer, I take the voucher, get another 20% off my €50 and the missus gets another voucher back.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

This is going on so long now. When will the madness end?
    Also when so we get clubcard vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

This is going on so long now. When will the madness end?
    Also when so we get clubcard vouchers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Still ongoing and being heavily promoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ending at the start of the school term I am told. Hope my info is wrong as I have saved a fortune on these over the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

Hi just wondering if tesco will honour these vouchers or is it aldi and lidl vouchers only.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Maggiesims wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if tesco will honour these vouchers or is it aldi and lidl vouchers only.

They take these, Supervalu, Aldi, Lidl and occasionally Iceland and M&S if the staff members want to, basically.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

gimmick wrote: »
    Ending at the start of the school term I am told. Hope my info is wrong as I have saved a fortune on these over the last few months.

Wouldn't be surprised either way. They seem to make decisions on quite a whim though as when it ended in February, it started up again only a few days later. And when it ended in March, it started up again a week or two later.

So they may end it, see how that effects their sales and how the competition react, and get it going again pretty quickly if they deem it worthwhile to do so.

I'm sure when Dunnes do finally pull the plug, Aldi and Lidl will immediately follow suit.

What's most in our favour though is that over the past few years the run in to ********* is when the supermarkets have been most aggressive at vouchering!

Ongoing for a year now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

L1011 wrote: »
    They take these, Supervalu, Aldi, Lidl and occasionally Iceland and M&S if the staff members want to, basically.

Do SuperValu still do shop and save vouchers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yes spend 40 save €8 is what I get with supervalu card.

I use the dunnes vouchers though, you have 10 days to use them which is about when I'd be doing a shop. Saving a fortune now I'm doing it this way rather than buying bits and pieces in there through the week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Randomly yes. Got four weeks worth back at the start of August, from the Lucan branch but valid anywhere (and obviously Tesco taking them).

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ongoing for a year now.

There was a break from the beginning of December to Christmas Day which I imagine they might repeat again this year.

There were also a couple of brief breaks between Christmas and Paddy's Day but it's been running continually since then.

Pity they axed the €5 off €25 vouchers but they probably didn't consider them sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes spend 40 save €8 is what I get with supervalu card.

I use the dunnes vouchers though, you have 10 days to use them which is about when I'd be doing a shop. Saving a fortune now I'm doing it this way rather than buying bits and pieces in there through the week.

Not bad, and the same % savings as dunnes vouchers in your case, all I ever get is 5% off a shop of under €100

ao1QR05.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

What's the above coffe machine like as my nesspresso is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

meath4sam wrote: »
    What's the above coffe machine like as my nesspresso is broken.

I've had one for two years, a bargain at that price. Just factor in the pod cost though as they maybe more expensive than nespresso.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tazman77

Excellent value. Bought one last Christmas. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

Can you buy the cheap pods for this machine or do they have to be Tassimo pods?

Whats the average cost of these pods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

degzs wrote: »
    Can you buy the cheap pods for this machine or do they have to be Tassimo pods?

Whats the average cost of these pods?

Have to be Tassimo pods alright.

I buy mine from amazon.co.uk - works out at slightly less than 28c per cup.
    Regular price in Tesco is EUR 5.60 for 16 - 35c per cup

Still ongoing.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Still ongoing.

I imagine they'll continue till Easter anyway. In the latest Kantar market share figures they're up to 24.1%, less than 1% off market leaders SuperValu (25.0%). My hunch remains that they'll continue the promotion until they overtake Tesco and SuperValu.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016/0215/768143-retail-grocery-share/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

amazed super valu are market leaders :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mailburner wrote: »

They are in every town etc, thats why. Plus they can be nice to shop in whereas a lot of more local country Tesco can be awful places. Mine is.

I think Dunnes will keep going or stop for a short spell like last year because when the vouchers stop, people will start trying other places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

mailburner wrote: »

Me too. Half the staff seem to be Jobbridge. I had a 'fishmonger' ask me to point out which type of fish was a sea trout.

My local is a disaster area Wed/Thu as they switch over the offers from one week to the next. Everything missing prices or priced wrong. Surely this should be done the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

TheDriver wrote: »
    They are in every town etc, thats why. Plus they can be nice to shop in whereas a lot of more local country Tesco can be awful places. Mine is.

I think Dunnes will keep going or stop for a short spell like last year because when the vouchers stop, people will start trying other places

Not in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

TheDriver wrote: »

makes sense I suppose but whilst their prices on meat and the likes is very competitive they more than make up for it with other products like toiletries and household stuff
    varies from store to store I suppose, some super valu stores are very badly run in fairness
    I pretty much knocked super valu on the head once dunnes started issuing the shop and save vouchers
    I'd say its a close run thing as to which of super valu or tesco are the dearest if you did your weekly shop in either...my guess would be the supervalu might even be slightly dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

20 Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps EUR1.50 in Dunnes Pavillions Swords. Certainly one of the best prices per packet in a long time. 20 packs of Tayto in Christmas boxes also - cannot recall if they we EUR4 or EUR3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

DS4.png

Advertisement