Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social media and on the dole?

Options
  • 17-09-2014 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I just logged into my Facebook account and noticed an acquaintance of mine put up a status saying "Busy day tomorrow, have to get my dole and then go into town". This status really annoyed me a lot. Does this person have no shame? Is he trying to glorify the fact that he gets free money? I have no time whatsoever for people who refuse to work when there are jobs out there. How is he not embarrassed about being on the dole and why is he letting his entire friend list know that he is lazy? If that was me I would be mortified.I'm not trying to start an argument because I know that not everyone on the dole is lazy and people do have the potential to get somewhere in life. I am temped to write him a status, but I know that I will lose the head completely and offend him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Maybe they have to go in to town for their cash in hand job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Because he's on the dole, he's lazy, but other dole claimants aren't? How do you know he's not going into town for an interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

So you know not everyone on the dole is lazy, then call him lazy?

He said he has a busy day tomorrow? How do you know he dosent have an interview or making something of himself?
    He isn't on it by personal choice, cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Ask him about it in real life. To his face. Not on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Because he's on the dole, he's lazy, but other dole claimants aren't? How do you know he's not going into town for an interview?

Snap, shift?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This topic has been done to death OP....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What a dole thread? In After Hours? Such a thing has never been attempted before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Irishguy16 wrote: »
    I just logged into my Facebook account and noticed an acquaintance of mine put up a status saying "Busy day tomorrow, have to get my dole and then go into town". This status really annoyed me a lot. Does this person have no shame? Is he trying to glorify the fact that he gets free money? I have no time whatsoever for people who refuse to work when there are jobs out there. How is he not embarrassed about being on the dole and why is he letting his entire friend list know that he is lazy? If that was me I would be mortified.I'm not trying to start an argument because I know that not everyone on the dole is lazy and people do have the potential to get somewhere in life. I am temped to write him a status, but I know that I will lose the head completely and offend him

Since when in the middle of a recession did dole = lazy? Maybe he actually does have a busy day ahead of him? Maybe he is collecting his dole and then heading off to an animal shelter to help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Oh look a Dole thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

5, 4,3,2,1, LET THE 2014 DOLE BASHING GAMES COMMENCE !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The bag of cans and ten spot won't buy themselves. Leave the poor guy alone OP!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

So you know not everyone on the dole is lazy, then call him lazy?

He said he has a busy day tomorrow? How do you know he dosent have an interview or making something of himself?
    He isn't on it by personal choice, cop on

Damn. They've made FB compulsory now? I knew this would happen.

Damn. They've made FB compulsory now? I knew this would happen.

Oi

Back to work you!

We need your tax €€€€ to pay for the free washing machines and houses for the doleys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Some strange friendship that is - you badmouth your friend on social media, but you're afraid to say anything to him directly because he wrote something on social media that offends you? :pac:

With friends like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sounds more of a tongue in cheek thing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Irishguy16

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Some strange friendship that is - you badmouth your friend on social media, but you're afraid to say anything to him directly because he wrote something on social media that offends you? :pac:

With friends like that...

I never said that he was a friend. Read the comment again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

If I seriously see another Dole thread in AH I'm gonna take my €150 free monies and do something mean....!

I means it I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Stop stalking randomers on the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I read it again -

I just logged into my Facebook account and noticed an acquaintance of mine put up a status...

why is he letting his entire friend list...

Now that you've had some practice being offended by my comment, perhaps you could let your acquaintance know that you are offended by his comment.

I'm offended by my comments too, wanna be fwends? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I read it again -

Now that you've had some practice being offended by my comment, perhaps you could let your acquaintance know that you are offended by his comment.

I'm offended by my comments too, wanna be fwends? :D

Aww friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So this person is not a friend of yours yet you are connected on Facebook right? How about this for a crazy idea, click the 'unfriend' button and you won't see any more posts of theirs that might irk you, that's assuming that you don't get some kind of voyeuristic kick from stalking them though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Maybe he thinks his friends accept him for himself. He might feel comfortable in conversing with them about his plans for the day ahead and doesn't feel the need to pretend he has a job to impress them or win their approval. Remove him from your friends list if you find him so objectionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Are you 100% sure hes not looking? He could have experience in 1 area only or the jobs he is applying for could be the ol "Entry level job, 8 years experience and 2 degree's needed"

In before he can do a jobs bridge scheme, I would rather drink ****e than do one of them if I was unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Maybe they have to go in to town for their cash in hand job?

Cash n' hand job? Sounds like a good day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Since when in the middle of a recession.....

No we're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

OP there is championship football on tonight,one must get a few cans,maybe a bit of weed and if in good form some sniff,and also drop into the bookies to get da money back,that all takes time and you can't rush important must haves like that, your friend is busy so don't be jealous and leave him alone.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    No we're not.

Ok Mr pedant we're not in the "MIDDLE" of one we are just (barely) out of one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's funny that what used to be dole bashing threads have now turned into bash people who start dole bashing threads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It's funny that what used to be dole bashing threads have now turned into bash people who start dole bashing threads :D

Critical mass has been achieved.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Just too many who still try to stigmatize people who are unfortunate enough to be unemployed.

Advertisement