Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclocross Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Is it very hilly, this park?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Should drain off from now till Sunday etc...Weather reports say some more rain tonite and maybe the odd shower on Saturday/Sunday...
    The course will be modified to take into account of any particularly bad patches of ground....

Modified to go through them?

amirite-eel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Alek wrote: »
    Is it very hilly, this park?

No, just some little bumps in parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

How long does the season extend to. I'm yet to get out and practice my clip ins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

How long does the season extend to. I'm yet to get out and practice my clip ins.

Runs until early jan, usually finishes with nationals.

• Advertisement

After Sunday, there's one race left in the Fixx series (early December) and a few more in Ulster. A race in Swords on the 28th December and Nationals in January also Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

There's also a Connacht Cyclocross League - details pasted from Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/MayoCyclingLeague

CASTLEBAR RACE CHANGE FROM NOV 16th to NOV 23th Edited 7/11/14.
    The Connacht Cyclo Cross league dates for 2014/15
    Some class venues spread across the province for this league and massive opportunity to give this sport a go.

Connacht cyclo cross league Dates 2014
    Rd1 November 2nd Cycling Centre, Ballinrobe
    Rd2 November 23th Lough Lannagh, Castlebar
    Rd3 November 30th Daigean, MBW Galway
    Rd4 December 14th Lough key Forest park.Boyle
    Rd5 December 28th Sligo
    Connacht Championships January 4th. Westport House

There's also one in Waterford
    http://www.waterfordracingclub.com/?p=2761
    You can also find details about the Waterford one in this forum

Well looks like I wasted my money again. Maybe next year

Well looks like I wasted my money again. Maybe next year

Nothing stopping you signing up for the next race, or is there?

Raam wrote: »
    Nothing stopping you signing up for the next race, or is there?

Yes, unfortunately. i'll do my best to start training next week. I'll stop distacting form the topic now.

• Advertisement

Yes, unfortunately. i'll do my best to start training next week. I'll stop distacting form the topic now.

Of course it's not my business what is stopping you, but on the off-chance that it is lack of practice, then I wouldn't let that stop you. I turned up to my first one well wet behind the ears. I was rubbish, but I loved it. Still rubbish, still love it :)

Raam wrote: »
    Of course it's not my business what is stopping you, but on the off-chance that it is lack of practice, then I wouldn't let that stop you. I turned up to my first one well wet behind the ears. I was rubbish, but I loved it. Still rubbish, still love it :)

Me too, see previous post about Swords.

In all honesty, I think it's simple lack of planning and maybe a little tired of competition, add a little domestic and financial upheaval and my heart's not really in it. Big dinner Saturday night and I wouldn't be able for Sunday anyway so I'm thinking I might just plan better for future races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

In all honesty, I think it's simple lack of planning and maybe a little tired of competition, add a little domestic and financial upheaval and my heart's not really in it. Big dinner Saturday night and I wouldn't be able for Sunday anyway so I'm thinking I might just plan better for future races.

Planning? No thanks, not in cyclocross season. Wake up, try shift hangover with coffee, race. I love winter...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Next Sunday 23rd there's a race in Belfast. Might even have room if you want a lift...

RobFowl wrote: »
    Next Sunday 23rd there's a race in Belfast. Might even have room if you want a lift...

Thanks for offer, but nephew's birthday party to attend early then business meeting for rest of the day. I'll get to one I swear. Man, now I understand how all those people I push track on feel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Anyone with space in a car heading to it from/through the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Any idea if St Annes Park might be the venue for the December race?

I see they will be running a Christmas market there from next weekend onwards so might be rougher to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Make sure to bring your wet gear 2morro! ;)

o6zkh5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Phoenix pk looks like a gianormous puddle today. I was following somebody else's tracks through the woods and it led me into some axle deep mud pits. Who was training there today and got me into this ?!

Anyway if the tomorrow's course looks even remotely like this there will be some dirty, dirty fun :-D

10731831_1552471338317999_1836442502_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    Phoenix pk looks like a gianormous puddle today. I was following somebody else's tracks through the woods and it led me into some axle deep mud pits. Who was training there today and got me into this ?!

Anyway if the tomorrow's course looks even remotely like this there will be some dirty, dirty fun :-D

I was there yesterday evening, saw another crosser out training. Rivers were running down the hills.

Sure there will be plenty of fun to be had tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Tired after today. My new training regime of no training doesn't seem to be working too well.

lennymc wrote: »
    Tired after today. My new training regime of no training doesn't seem to be working too well.

Snap. Great course, but I found the going tough. Had nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

I don't see any race on the calendar...any details?

I don't see any race on the calendar...any details?

http://www.ulstercyclocross.com/

Sunday 23 Nov Round 8 Falls Park, Belfast VC Glendale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That was a hoot. Really enjoyed it. You don't get enough time to think about the pain. Great course design and plenty of mud. I think I took a few kilos home with me. Had a good battle with Lennymc and Alek,constantly swapping places. I've no idea how I did but who cares when you have that much fun.

That was a hoot. Really enjoyed it. You don't get enough time to think about the pain. Great course design and plenty of mud. I think I took a few kilos home with me. Had a good battle with Lennymc and Alek,constantly swapping places. I've no idea how I did but who cares when you have that much fun.

Must have been racing me too then, was mixing it with them for most of the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Must have been racing me too then, was mixing it with them for most of the race...

I spotted you a few times at the top of the course. Never got to say hello afterwards.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Great race, well great course, poor performance by me though! :rolleyes:

I think that was Raam who came past me a few times in the Swords gear on a bluey colour bike and carbon tubs?

• Advertisement

Just finished cleaning bike !
    Some amount of the south side now on de north side ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement