Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 13th Sept

Options
  • 12-09-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Sat Pricewise.

Back 12-1 Kings Fete to take off for Moore

The Ladbrokes St Leger (3.50 Doncaster) has enjoyed a renaissance in recent seasons and this year’s race is continuing the trend.
    Take out Australia and Postponed and I can’t really think of a staying
    three-year-old colt in Britain or Ireland who would enhance today’s contest.

The key horse is obviously Kingston Hill, who stayed on all the way to the line when second in the Derby and has a class edge over nearly all of his rivals on that form.

The evidence of that run suggests he should stay the 1m6½f without any problems and, while the ground would ideally have a bit more dig in it for him, it shouldn’t really prove too much of a hindrance.

However, he has been on the go for a long time as he was prepared for the 2,000 Guineas in May and the St Leger often goes to a horse who is peaking at the end of the season rather than the horse with the best form.

There are quite a few candidates this year, but the one horse who could take off and prove himself a top-class performer is Sir Michael Stoute’s supposed second string Kings Fete.

He has always been highly regarded by the Stoute yard and the money this week suggests there is not much between him and Snow Sky, who was second in the Great Voltigeur last time.

The key to his chance will be whether or not he settles off what looks likely to be a fair pace because he won’t get home if he pulls as hard as he has in previous races.

However, you have to like the fact Ryan Moore takes over for the first time, with James Doyle having chosen Snow Sky.

Moore would undoubtedly have had loads of options in the race, but he has plumped for Kings Fete and I think he is the one horse who could prove a lot better than he has shown so far.

Scotland stays well and could hit the frame, while Hartnell also has a chance.

He thrashed a few of these at Newmarket two starts ago and, like plenty of his trainer Mark Johnston’s horses, simply didn’t run his race at York last time.

Paul Hanagan doesn’t have a ride in the St Leger, but he could win all the other televised races at Doncaster as he’s on all the favourites.
    Estidhkaar has an attitude to die for and the ability to match, so I will be disappointed if he doesn’t win the At The Races Champagne Stakes (2.05), while Aljamaaheer is the clear form choice back on faster ground in the OLBG Park Stakes (3.15).

I’m convinced Muthmir didn’t run his race in the Stewards’ Cup at Goodwood, maybe due to the draw and maybe due to the race coming too quickly for him, but there can be no excuses in the Ladbrokes Portland Handicap (2.40) as he has lots in his favour.

The drop back in trip will suit too, and I can see him starting at 3-1, so he is reasonably priced at 6-1.

However, he has precious little in hand of Out Do on previous York form and David O’Meara’s charge seemed to improve a lot for the headgear when winning the Great St Wilfrid at Ripon last time.
    Out Do cruised through the race that day and seemed to win with a lot in hand, and he could be one of those O’Meara sprinters who takes off now his confidence is up.

The other one who is improving fast and looks worth backing is Compton Park.

He didn’t like the undulations at Ripon two starts ago but bounced back at Thirsk last time.

He has shot up the handicap but was really impressive at Thirsk and, while this is much harder, he is too big a price given the form he’s in.

In Ireland I expect both Group 1s to go to Aidan O’Brien.
    Tapestry has really found her form now and, with a strong pace likely, I can see her winning back at a mile in the Matron (5.45), while it’s impossible to oppose Australia in the Irish Champion (6.50) as he is probably a good few lengths better than he showed at York last time.

Today's bets

Compton Park
    2.40 Doncaster
    1pt win at 14-1 generally

Out Do
    2.40 Doncaster
    1pt win at 12-1 generally

Kings Fete
    3.50 Doncaster
    1pt win at 12-1 with Coral (10-1 generally)

Already advised
    Granddukeoftuscany

3.50 Doncaster 1pt win at 25-1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Jillnextdoor on her lowest ever mark and is one that will strike soon. Didnt stay last time and her run behind Inxile the run before that was better than the bare result in a race that was much stronger than this off four pounds higher. She is hard to win with but was only beaten a head in a good Goodwood handicap last summer off five pounds higher. By Henrythenavigator she is a good moving filly that likes fast ground and her o ly other start at Bath she was beaten a neck off a higher mark. 18/1 is ten points too big this represents a good bet. Persevere with her next two or three starts I think she's ready to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Jillnextdoor on her lowest ever mark and is one that will strike soon. Didnt stay last time and her run behind Inxile the run before that was better than the bare result in a race that was much stronger than this off four pounds higher. She is hard to win with but was only beaten a head in a good Goodwood handicap last summer off five pounds higher. By Henrythenavigator she is a good moving filly that likes fast ground and her o ly other start at Bath she was beaten a neck off a higher mark. 18/1 is ten points too big this represents a good bet. Persevere with her next two or three starts I think she's ready to win

Think you might be on to something here. Career low mark, non trier LTO over too far. Has course form, smallish field should suit and they should go like the clappers which should be ideal. Mick Channon had a 5 timer on Thursday so horses clearly in belting form and 18s way too big a price.

If not today, I'll be keeping an eye on her for the reapplication of visor/addition of blinkers if they want to get her mark down further.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Making the trip up to Leopardstown and I suspect it's going to be a day for the O'Brien's as it looks like he's got his best ammunition held back for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Enjoy Francie. Hope ya have a profitable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Does anybody know what time the pricewise selections are released? Went out yesterday evening to back Kings Fete @ 14s only to find out when I got to the shop he was 10s.

• Advertisement

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Does anybody know what time the pricewise selections are released? Went out yesterday evening to back Kings Fete @ 14s only to find out when I got to the shop he was 10s.

Think 8 for the iPad the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Heading to Leopardstown myself today. Like tamadhor in the first K.P horses at going really well atm. Think parish hall will surprise a few over the mile today. In the leger I've backed a snow sky and windshear reverse forecast. Anyone with a spare tickets for today send pm to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Gone for romsdal in the ledger. Think Kingston Hill is very opposable today really don't fancy him.

Backing intrinsic ew as well pp paying five places.

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Heading to Leopardstown myself today. Like tamadhor in the first K.P horses at going really well atm. Think parish hall will surprise a few over the mile today. In the leger I've backed a snow sky and windshear reverse forecast. Anyone with a spare tickets for today send pm to me.

Parish Hall the only one I fancy at Leop. Will love this ground and plenty have questions to answer. GLB has won at a mile but never looked convincing and won't get away with it today I reckon and Darwin is now rated 119 but has never looked that good until last time. 8 runners makes it a nice each way price at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

DylanAFC wrote: »

The bookies usually get first access to the Pricewise selections. It gives them a chance to shorten them up before the punters get involved ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

placed double of kingston hill and muthmir works out at 2.87 (Betv)

really can't see either being out of the frame

I can see no reason why Mutumir is shorter than Intrinsic. People can be blinded by what they want to happen as opposed to confirmed form. I could be setting myself up to look like an idiot here but Intrinsic won with more than four pounds in hand last time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

I tipped Bocca Baciata up here LTO and was backed off the boards, goes again today in the 3.35 Leopardstown and they are hoping to take it today. 7/2 into 5/2 this morning.

Hoping the fav can defy his penalty here. Hannon's got some lovely 2yo's this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Impressive performance that. Hannon clearly rates Ivawood higher so says a lot about him too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm on Dusky Queen in this one.

Muthmir Group class.

impressive by muthmir considering how the race panned out for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Whoooosh

Blew them away. Not sure what horse turned up the last day

• Advertisement

all the more incredible looking at it again

Blew them away. Not sure what horse turned up the last day

Stewards Cup probably came a bit quick after he won at York. He mightn't have been suited to Goodwood either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

shmeee wrote: »
    I tipped Bocca Baciata up here LTO and was backed off the boards, goes again today in the 3.35 Leopardstown and they are hoping to take it today. 7/2 into 5/2 this morning.

Fella who is usually alright gave me a tip for him but 5/2 in that kind of race i can't back him.

mailburner wrote: »
    placed double of kingston hill and muthmir works out at 2.87 (Betv)

really can't see either being out of the frame

asking myself why I backed them in singles along with this and didnt
    do a win double :confused:

win treble with mustajeeb though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

John F Kennedy done that well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Free Eagle supposedly pulling up trees at home. Time will tell......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

razorhead wrote: »

It looked that way to me

Champion Stakes next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

razorhead wrote: »

Wow serious.

Smullen wants to go to Ascot. Weld will probably want to put him away for the amateur handicap at Galway next summer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sooner the better Spencer retires he is a disgraceful jockey.

Advertisement