Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b593s-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

spectre wrote: »
    I ordered this from the Kuwait based ebay seller over 7 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. Is this normal?

Mine took absolute AGES too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

spectre wrote: »
    I ordered this from the Kuwait based ebay seller over 7 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. Is this normal?

Open a dispute before you run out of time to do so,get your money back, if the item arrives and you are feeling generous you can pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Hi folks,
    Please advise: I have unlocked router(Three branded)
    Product Information
    Model: B593s-22
    Hardware version: Ver.B
    Firmware version: V200R001B236D30SP01C25
    Firmware build time: Jul 9 2014 / 15:50:53

Would it take V200R001B236D30SP00C00(universal(?)) firmware?
    Any specific steps to upgrade/downgrade firmware?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    I have the Huawei B593s-22 that I got off Amazon directly and all is working fine and has been since I got it.....except the last few days when I have been using it with my new Nintendo Switch! The Switch stutters when playing video trailers from the eShop!? I connected the Switch to my phone (Nexus 6P) via a hotspot and the stutters went away completely? It also downloaded the Zelda update before I could play it and it took at least 30 - 40 mins to download it? Anyone else have a Switch and having issues with it when connected to the B593s-22? I'm able to stream Netflix in 1080p without any issues so I am thinking it's the Switch that's at fault rather than the router?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Try putting the ip address of the switch in the DMZ of the huawei router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Looking for a Huawei B315 mobile broadband router or similar 4g modem if anyone is selling one. As don't want to buy expensive new one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

-=al=- wrote: »
    Try putting the ip address of the switch in the DMZ of the huawei router

Hi there,
    I will give that a go tonight, not exactly sure how to do it but I'm sure I will figure it out ;-)

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

One small quirk I get ever since I got my B593s-22 from Latvia is that my OnePlus 2 phone's own weather app gives me weather warnings for Bolderaja in Latvia when connected to its Wi-Fi: :pac:

BbZBaWw.png
    I'm not quite sure what makes it think I'm in Latvia as both the external and DNS IP addresses correspond with the inserted SIM card. Other weather apps I checked such as the UK Met Office show the weather for my current location.

With any other Wi-Fi network or when using data, the phone's weather app goes back to showing any alerts from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

There is a country/region setting in the router wifi advanced settings. Could that have anything to do with it if not set to Ireland?

I think that's just for determining what Wi-Fi channels are allowed. On mine, it was set already set to 'IRELAND'. From checking through other settings, the Timezone was wrong (System -> Date & Time), so I changed that to GMT Dublin/London. However, I don't think that would have affected the country, since there are many other countries in the GMT+2 time zone.

Then again, my phone's bundled weather app seems to be the only thing that picks up the Latvian location.

For curiosity, I tried a few maps websites in the Chrome incognito mode to see where the default location of each takes me. Google maps brings up Ballinasloe, Co. Galway and both Bing Maps and Here maps bring up central Dublin. OpenStreetMap brought up London city.

On my phone, The AccuWeather App, UK Met Office and YR all show the weather for my current location (i.e. GPS based.) The Met Éireann app shows me weather for Co. Dublin (likely IP based). Finally when I go into my phone's own Weather App, it briefly showed me the weather for Ballybofey (my workplace location) and then the screen updated to say it's currently -2C with clear sky in Bolderaja, Latvia.

• Advertisement

editorsean wrote: »
    One small quirk I get ever since I got my B593s-22 from Latvia is that my OnePlus 2 phone's own weather app gives me weather warnings for Bolderaja in Latvia when connected to its Wi-Fi: :pac:

I'm not quite sure what makes it think I'm in Latvia as both the external and DNS IP addresses correspond with the inserted SIM card. Other weather apps I checked such as the UK Met Office show the weather for my current location.

With any other Wi-Fi network or when using data, the phone's weather app goes back to showing any alerts from Met Éireann.
    It could be down to Google's location services if the router was ever used in Latvia. I used to use a router in Fairview and gave it to my parents in Kerry at Christmas. If I used location based off WiFi (such as on a laptop or a phone with GPS off), it would still detect me as being in Fairview, only by getting a GPS lock would it correct itself temporarily. During that time, the weather app on my home screen said Marino rather than Listowel.

It apparently corrects itself over time but I don't know if my parents' one did because I replaced it again with an E5186.

That's a good possibility as I haven't changed the Wi-Fi name of the router, which is still 'LMT-E1BC' since I bought it in March last year.

In this case it's quite possible the weather app paired the Wi-Fi name with the original Latvian location when the original owner had it and kept this pairing permanent in its database. Google Maps seems to be fine as it shows my current location on both the phone (GPS off) and in Google Maps with my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 X22Report

Hi,Just wondering has anyone bought one of the Telecom Speedport HUAWEI B593u-12 and how did they work on Meteor 4g any problems

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

X22Report wrote: »
    Hi,Just wondering has anyone bought one of the Telecom Speedport HUAWEI B593u-12 and how did they work on Meteor 4g any problems

Thanks

I have one that I bought on ebay. Works perfectly. I also tried 3 sim 4g, I got 2 bars on it.(no external aerials) My router is in attic. I do not get a sniff of 3 4g on phones.

Meteor for me gives circa 35 down 25 up.

givecredit wrote: »
    I have one that I bought on ebay. Works perfectly. I also tried 3 sim 4g, I got 2 bars on it.(no external aerials) My router is in attic. I do not get a sniff of 3 4g on phones.

Thanks for replying just ordered one off ebay from the german guy they look promising for what I need I'm getting around 51 down 22 up but thats on a Huawei E3372 4G Stick so need the router

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 qir

Is the Huawei E5186 or the Huawei B315 the ones to buy now? They seem to be newer models.

Hi givecredit do you know the login settings for this router can't get into it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

X22Report wrote: »
    Hi givecredit do you know the login settings for this router can't get into it at all

From memory the WIFI password is the last line on label on back.

speedport.ip is the web address and admin password is the number on second line.

If all this does not work, someone may have changed details. Just hit the reset button on side of router.

From memory the WIFI password is the last line on label on back.

speedport.ip is the web address and admin password is the number on second line.

If all this does not work, someone may have changed details. Just hit the reset button on side of router.

Thanks givecredit yes I've done all that including reset still no way in though

The E5186 I installed just had admin as both the username and password. I know it's not the same router but worth a go.

• Advertisement

Finally got to login had to use 192.168.1.1 then default password on 2nd line

http://homerouter.cpe/ works too... It directs to 192.168.1.1 I think.

admin
    password

Are the defaults I think...

or whatever user and password deets are on the router itself

...A little late but that might help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 qir

qir wrote: »
    Is the Huawei E5186 or the Huawei B315 the ones to buy now? They seem to be newer models.
    bump

593s-22 > b315 > E5186 is the order I think. I've still no issues whatsoever with the 593s-22 and it hasn't been reset or turned off in at least 7 months! It works absolutely perfect with a meteor 4g connection.

I may have read somewhere that the internal antenna on the b315 wasn't as good as 593s but it was an old article. The E5186 is the latest one and probably the one to get atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I got the B593u-12 today and I've managed to login to the router settings but it's saying there's no sim card in? Do I have to put it in a certain way or change some settings to enable it to work? It clicks in perfectly alright

Hopefully it's not a faulty SIM slot. Make sure it's a mini SIM like what goes in older phones from around 2008. A micro SIM will not work without a mini SIM adapter. When I got my router, it had a sticker warning to switch off the router before inserting or removing the SIM card.

On my B593s-22, I don't need to do anything other than switch off the router, put the SIM card in and switch it back on. Even with the wrong APN settings, it will still register with a network and show a signal reading. The connection/APN settings are just needed to establish the Internet connection.

editorsean wrote: »
    Hopefully it's not a faulty SIM slot. Make sure it's a mini SIM like what goes in older phones from around 2008. A micro SIM will not work without a mini SIM adapter. When I got my router, it had a sticker warning to switch off the router before inserting or removing the SIM card.

On my B593s-22, I don't need to do anything other than switch off the router, put the SIM card in and switch it back on. Even with the wrong APN settings, it will still register with a network and show a signal reading. The connection/APN settings are just needed to establish the Internet connection.

The SIM card I put in is micro sim I think but I put it into a SIM card adapter as it was too small to go in by itself. The adapter is the size of the original SIM cards, the larger one. Is that too big? It just seemed like a perfect fit

Colemania wrote:
    The SIM card I put in is micro sim I think but I put it into a SIM card adapter as it was too small to go in by itself. The adapter is the size of the original SIM cards, the larger one. Is that too big? It just seemed like a perfect fit

Colemania wrote:
    I got the B593u-12 today and I've managed to login to the router settings but it's saying there's no sim card in? Do I have to put it in a certain way or change some settings to enable it to work? It clicks in perfectly alright

Is the SIM pin protected? If it is you will need to either disable the pin on the SIM or enter the pin code into the router.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Is the SIM pin protected? If it is you will need to either disable the pin on the SIM or enter the pin code into the router.

It was so I took off the pin. Still didn't work. Don't think I tried putting it in before turning on the router so i'll try that tonight but I've a feeling it won't work.

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote:
    It was so I took off the pin. Still didn't work. Don't think I tried putting it in before turning on the router so i'll try that tonight but I've a feeling it won't work.

Also check the SIM pin setting on the router to ensure it's disabled.

Advertisement