Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone been/lived in malta?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

zweton wrote: »
    are you living in malta starscream?

Currently not, lived there before for a short while, have a few Maltese friends and many relations over there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone who says Maltese people are friendly needs their fúcking head examined. Unless you're Maltese you're going to be treated like shít with the mentality - "if you don't like, go home".

I've been here 3 years and say the same thing to everyone. Malta would be lovely if there wasn't any Maltese people.

They're rude, racist and stupidly loud.

It's good in summer but crap in winter (which it's coming into now). Cabin fever sets in during the winter months too.

Look on the Times of Malta or Malta Today and whenever a news story runs about a foreigner breaking the law the first thing is "deport them back to Africa" but if it's a Maltese person - "oh god, poor chap, he clearly needs help".
    I'd agree with this tbh six months of being there was enough for me

It really is Ireland in the 70/80s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd agree with this tbh six months of being there was enough for me

It really is Ireland in the 70/80s

If I had a DeLorean and a flux capacitor I'd go back to the 70's and 80's in Ireland because I missed out on those due to late birth.. though the 40's-60's would be nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

And they all drive like fecking maniacs over there!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That's the problem right there, African immigration is an EU problem, not a Maltese problem. They handle it as well with the (lack of) facilities they have. Whatever about the law, just like irish, the majority of Maltese I've come across are decent, not rude, not racist, and not loud as mentioned

I'm just going to assume that you didn't spend an awful lot of time in Malta. Maybe a summer or something.

Obviously there are Maltese who are nice, not racist, not loud etc - I have a bunch of Maltese friends but my view from time here, and it's not just shared by me, is that they're one of the most unfriendly nations in Europe.

Without a doubt, the most unwelcoming place I've ever lived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

thats a shame, although iv heard the opposite about them too so i guess
    it deplends who you meet. still seems theres more positives for a small place. wonder what they are like to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

If you've a job offer ready go go then get out there ASAP.

The place is a paradise.

yeah its not til late october, have you been there?

do they get many cold months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Tilly wrote: »
    Gozo is like a third world country

FYI, Ireland actually is a third-world country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm just going to assume that you didn't spend an awful lot of time in Malta. Maybe a summer or something.

Obviously there are Maltese who are nice, not racist, not loud etc - I have a bunch of Maltese friends but my view from time here, and it's not just shared by me, is that they're one of the most unfriendly nations in Europe.

Without a doubt, the most unwelcoming place I've ever lived.

I'm going to a wedding there towards the end of this month. I'm really looking forward to it now:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Mostly around paceville really, lots of 14-16 year olds going for playful fingering sessions and puking on the street. The drink is dirt cheap and the places do be having the sh1te Spanish music pumping till the wee hours. I stayed near that part of town but would hate to live there

flights booked

blacklilly wrote: »
    I'm going to a wedding there towards the end of this month. I'm really looking forward to it now:pac:

you will have to let me know what it was like:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

They are fond of hunting in Malta. They like to kill anything that flies, protected/endangered species or not.

They are fond of hunting in Malta. They like to kill anything that flies, protected/endangered species or not.

yes i heard that all right, anyone else been?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I thought you'd be settled there at this stage :D

lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

zweton wrote: »
    lol:D

When are you making a decision? I'd say we are running out if people who've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How about you visit for 2 weeks OP and see for yourself?

yes that is prob the best idea in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Two weeks is not enough, you may as well spend that time in disneyland, because living there and visiting there are two completely different things. It will give you an indication, but nothing else.
    Spend two/three months then youll know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

This is the most weirdly-recurrent thread in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

conorh91 wrote: »
    This is the most weirdly-recurrent thread in AH.

This !...just go, or don't. Who has the luxury to go somewhere for 3 months before deciding to accept a job!!

Get on with it ffs!

Advertisement