Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Lawrie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

He has an exemption to the final stage at the end of this month

:confused: He's currently 124th on the R2D rankings, only the top 60 after the BMW Masters (this week) get to play in the World Tour Championship in Dubai at the end of the month - there are no exemptions or invitations, you're either in (the top 60) or not.

There is one remaining way for him to get to Dubai and that's by playing in and finishing well up the leaderboard in the BMW Masters this week but he would only get playing with an invitation as he's way too far down the R2D rankings to get in on merit - they have currently filled three of the four available invitation slots: Justin Rose, Paul McGinley and John Daly (USA) are listed so there's one slot to be filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

coylemj wrote:
    There is one remaining way for him to get to Dubai and that's by playing in and finishing well up the leaderboard in the BMW Masters this week but he would only get playing with an invitation as he's way too far down the R2D rankings to get in on merit - they have currently filled three of the four available invitation slots: Justin Rose, Paul McGinley and John Daly (USA) are listed so there's one slot to be filled.

coylemj wrote:
    He's currently 124th on the R2D rankings, only the top 60 after the BMW Masters (this week) get to play in the World Tour Championship in Dubai at the end of the month - there are no exemptions or invitations, you're either in (the top 60) or not.

The original poster is referring to sn excemption into the final stage of Q school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

coylemj wrote: »
    :confused: He's currently 124th on the R2D rankings, only the top 60 after the BMW Masters (this week) get to play in the World Tour Championship in Dubai at the end of the month - there are no exemptions or invitations, you're either in (the top 60) or not.

Final stage of Q School.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Yes, I was referring to the final stage of qualifying school, the post directly before mine asked the question regarding that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, I was referring to the final stage of qualifying school, the post directly before mine asked the question regarding that

Missed that, the page break and 15 day gap between the question and your post threw me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

He only missed out by one stroke last year, so here's hoping he can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Playing in Q School today, 8.40 Irish Time, playing with Kenny Ferrie & Peter Whiteford

Playing in Q School today, 8.40 Irish Time, playing with Kenny Ferrie & Peter Whiteford

Any way of getting score updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

vienne86 wrote: »
    Any way of getting score updates?

Suspect it will be like previous qualifying rounds where scores just posted after they finish. Doubt we'll get hole by hole updates. Nothing on ET website except tee times.
    Unless someone posts news on Twitter or Facebook I'd say we just have to wait.

• Advertisement

Updating is slow, but better than nothing.

+4 for Peter today. I would say that that seems to be that.

He's 10 over after 12 holes today and in last place on 13 over. Difficult to see where he can go from here, but I guess his Category 16 membership would get him a few starts next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    He's 10 over after 12 holes today and in last place on 13 over. Difficult to see where he can go from here, but I guess his Category 16 membership would get him a few starts next season.

Better Category than last season I suppose although with Sponsors invites he was practically on a full card.

Better Category than last season I suppose although with Sponsors invites he was practically on a full card.

He had lots of chances to get himself a card for this season. He's +13 for today. Very hard to figure out what is going on with him.

He had lots of chances to get himself a card for this season. He's +13 for today. Very hard to figure out what is going on with him.

Looks like he shot 86 and NR.

Looks like he shot 86 and NR.

Disqualified is what it says. I wonder what happened.

Disqualified is what it says. I wonder what happened.

He wasn't happy with a drop he took according to reports. Could be another way of saying get me to hell out of here :cool:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    He wasn't happy with a drop he took according to reports. Could be another way of saying get me to hell out of here :cool:

Sad end to the season for him.

Quote from interview.

"I won't give up," said Lawrie, who expects to get around 22 starts next year - having finishing 124th in the Race to Dubai - on the back of receiving some 17 sponsors' invitations.

"I have never been a giver-upper, so I will carry on and I will play next year though apart from the Irish Open, I won't be seeking invites. I have had my fair share and it's time for somebody else to get them."

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Quote from interview.

"I won't give up," said Lawrie, who expects to get around 22 starts next year - having finishing 124th in the Race to Dubai - on the back of receiving some 17 sponsors' invitations.

"I have never been a giver-upper, so I will carry on and I will play next year though apart from the Irish Open, I won't be seeking invites. I have had my fair share and it's time for somebody else to get them."
    Fair enough - he got a great lot of invites this year.

Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa.

Peter began the first event of the 2016 season hoping for a change in his fortunes but after opening with a triple bogey seven and a 79 on Thursday, he didn’t tee it up in round two due to food poisoning.
    That brought a disappointing year to an end, even though it marked the start of the new European Tour season.
    Peter failed to win back his full card at Q-School and while he’ll still get around 20 starts next season as he's got the same category as Phelan and Ruaidhri McGee) for 2016 despite missing out at PGA Catalunya

Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa.

Peter began the first event of the 2016 season hoping for a change in his fortunes but after opening with a triple bogey seven and a 79 on Thursday, he didn’t tee it up in round two due to food poisoning.
    That brought a disappointing year to an end, even though it marked the start of the new European Tour season.
    Peter failed to win back his full card at Q-School and while he’ll still get around 20 starts next season as he's got the same category as Phelan and Ruaidhri McGee) for 2016 despite missing out at PGA Catalunya
    Thanks for that - unfortunate start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Peter's first event since the Dunhill is in the Tshwane Open in Pretoria, starting tomorrow

Peter's first event since the Dunhill is in the Tshwane Open in Pretoria, starting tomorrow

+ 6 after round 1.

Speak Now wrote: »
    + 6 after round 1.

That's very disappointing. He just can't seem to get it together. I wonder is it time to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Finished +12...last year he looked promising in several early season tournaments especially on the Thursday and Friday, seemed to fall away over the weekend but this year has got off to an awful start.Missing the cut by around 9 shots really must destroy your confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Finished +12...last year he looked promising in several early season tournaments especially on the Thursday and Friday, seemed to fall away over the weekend but this year has got off to an awful start.Missing the cut by around 9 shots really must destroy your confidence

Bad day all round for the Irish boys. Phelan blew it after getting into a good position and will miss by one. McGee withdrew.

Very disappointing week for the Irish in South Africa - at least we have plenty of interest in the PGA tour this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Looking at he Stats for the 2 days ....driving 10/28 fairways hit and scrambling 4/18. Cant seem to build any platform off the tee.

Advertisement