Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Beers THIS SATURDAY 1st November 8.30pm J.W Sweetmans (Messrs) Dublin.

Options
  • 01-08-2014 9:28am

New beers thread.

Please leave the flirting until on the night, and the over excited monkey-baby chat until some time after the beers :P

Beers chat only please and thank you.

(also, normal charter rules still apply).

Will you be attending the beers? 30 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Tar.AldarionThe Mastermrsdewintertampopo[Deleted User]miss no starsHoop66How Soon Is NowpodgemonstergugleguykylithskimpydooPaganKingcloud493aaabbbbmrkiscool2wp_ratheadFourFourREDFr_Dougalshalalala 30 votes

Comments

Old thread here for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

No
    New thread that Fresh smell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Something just dosent click with this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'd like to go, il know on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Do we get to vote all over again now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    New thread that Fresh smell

Now you mention it that damp smell has gone!

No
    Jesus the ''crack'' died some what in here didnt it?

Over the last few years ive kinda glanced threw some of the threads about past beers in AH and other forums and taught about possibly going.

Ive also taught about going to this one out of pure interest but i dunno theres something about the whole thing that doesn't sit right with me.

I dunno weather its the fact i dislike a lot of the online persona's on here or i get the feeling id go and just wouldn't fit in with the little gangs that have clearly formed over the last few months or years in here.

Personally i think if i was to go to this now as things stand it would feel like i was butting into a group of people on a private night out one i clearly wasnt invited to.

I dunno is it just me ? Or does anyone else feel that way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Pawn

Am I allowed to come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've been to a few Boards beers at this stage and have always been welcomed, even when I didn't know anyone. I'd imagine an AH beers, which I've never been to, would be much the same. Mostly friendly folks around here and I'll definitely be going if I'm free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Pawn

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've been to a few Boards beers at this stage and have always been welcomed, even when I didn't know anyone. I'd imagine an AH beers, which I've never been to, would be much the same. Mostly friendly folks around here and I'll definitely be going if I'm free :)

Right, ok... I'm gonna leave the firearms at home, will keep the knifes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm drunk. Who wants to get banned for the craic?!!

Just kiddin.

I like you all.

'Cept you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Me please El Guapo.

I could genuinely do with a ban. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If I'm not away with work, I'm there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

No
    Will be there

Will I throw up the "I will be attending/not attending" poll or is it too early for people to know what they'll be at in two months time?

I'll book an area for about 20 people anyway :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Over the last few years ive kinda glanced threw some of the threads about past beers in AH and other forums and taught about possibly going.

Ive also taught about going to this one out of pure interest but i dunno theres something about the whole thing that doesn't sit right with me.

I dunno weather its the fact i dislike a lot of the online persona's on here or i get the feeling id go and just wouldn't fit in with the little gangs that have clearly formed over the last few months or years in here.

Personally i think if i was to go to this now as things stand it would feel like i was butting into a group of people on a private night out one i clearly wasnt invited to.

People who spend a lot of time together naturally get to know each other and buddy up a bit
    You and everyone else are more than welcome
    There's always newbies, we were all newbies once too

Sorry, I didn't see this until Bluewolf quoted it. Apologies.

Yeh I understand where you're coming from. The last beers thread was an unusual one, they don't usually go that, um...direction?. That's probably my fault tbh, as I didn't have the time to follow it like I normally would.

Anyway, if you can at all - put the online personas out of your head. Real life people and their online life can vary wildly. I've met people who were nothing like I thought they'd be - and honestly that can be a good and a bad thing. Overall though, I've found people at beers to be great craic and I've made some great friends through meet ups. Making new friends isn't for everyone, but it's good fun to put faces to usernames and see that we don't all look like our Avatars!

Come, I promise you will feel welcome, if you don't like it, you can always turn on your heel and chalk it down to experience :)

No
    Sorry, I didn't see this until Bluewolf quite it. Apologies.

Yeh I understand where you're coming from. The last beers thread was an unusual one, they go usually go that, um...direction?. That's probably my fault tbh, as I didn't have the time to follow it like I normally would.

Anyway, if you can at all - put the online personas out of your head. Real life people and their online life can vary wildly. I've met people who were nothing like I thought they'd be - and honestly that can be a good and a bad thing. Overall though, I've found people at beers to be great craic and I've made some great friends through meet ups. Making new friends isn't for everyone, but it's good fun to put faces to usernames and see that we don't all look like our Avatars!

Come, I promise you will feel welcome, if you don't like it, you can always turn on your heel and chalk it down to experience :)

Look as much as I don't always agree with how things are done on here it's hardly your fault how others go on!

Ya your a mod in AH s but that doesn't mean u have control over certain people s personality s and how they will affect things.

Myself for example I know I might come across as someone who's always trying to stir **** or cause hassle on here but I'm not I'm just very out spoken and I don't always see things in same light as others!

I'd like to go just to see how people are off of this and if some are as out there as they are on here and to be honest I find it hard to blend In on here at times because I don't always get my point across how I'd like. I'm better in person!

If I'm allowed out I'll go! :-)

Sure wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same :)

(I'm trying to ignore the "allowed" comment. It's one of my biggest peeves. You're a grown up, who's gonna stop ya like :p)

No

(I'm trying to ignore the "allowed" comment. It's one of my biggest peeves. You're a grown up, who's gonna stop ya like :p)

Ha what I mean is it will more than likely depend weather it's on Halloween or the night after. I'll be pre occupied with other things at home for a while Halloween night as far as I know anyway!

Just noticed it's officially 1st November now!

I'll hopefully be there so!

• Advertisement

Ha what I mean is it will more than likely depend weather it's on Halloween or the night after. I'll be pre occupied with other things at home for a while Halloween night as far as I know anyway!

Read the title ya lunatic!

No
    Read the title ya lunatic!

Ya I only noticed now ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've been to many a beers, right craic so they are.

In fact, the very first one was a Halloween beers many moons ago. I knew no one and went alone in full costume. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No

Went to my first AH beers in the one in Galway. Didn't know a single soul. Like you I was ****ting it that I was gate crashing a close knit meet up. Everyone was very welcoming - made some good friends out of it I gotta say.

Ya just get locked and talk sh!te :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Can we have a poll about costumes? This thread needs more poll :pac:

also just realised it looks like i follow prathead(:p) around boards. I don't i swear!
    >_>
    <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

I've never kept peeves before.. Do they make good pets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No
    I'm kinda looking forward to it, I don't get to meet a lot of new people, so this should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm kinda looking forward to it, I don't get to meet a lot of new people, so this should be fun.

Iv never had anything but fun at a beers. Loads of nice folk. Even the fcukers on here that you think are complete fcuktards tend to be really nice in person.

Also, I'm awesome to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

Will there be a Christmas beers as well? Or is it too soon to/wrong thread to ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

I'd love to go but would be sh*tting it - never been to one & dont know anyone!! How does it work? Do people say who they are or do you stay anonymous?

Advertisement