Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepad/Keyboard/Mouse

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Merged the threads, to keep things together.

You can use a PS3 joypad once you have a Bluetooth receiver (laptop may have that already...try connect your phone via bluetooth). You'll also need a program (which i can't remember the name of) to map the buttons. The only real issue with that most games use the 360 mappings, which can cause some issues until you configure it.

I prefer the 360 or XOne pad though. Using both for 2 player Fifa at the moment, and they are great. You can get them wireless or wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm a lot more used to the PS2/3 controller than the Xbox so as long as I can have the full wireless functionality of a PS3 controller I'll probably go for that. My laptop has bluetooth built in so I'll probably just follow this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zG-GIjrBSk

Yeah, i think i used that program for a while with the dualshock before picking up a cheap 360 pad. Does the job, and saves you having to buy anything.

I just always preferred the shape of the 360 pad.

Cool, well if they both offer full functionality and it's just a matter of shape preference of the pad I'll go with that so, thanks a lot for the feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The 360 pad is the gold standard for PC gamepad's and will be for a while to come

• Advertisement

I did notice most pc games are set up for Xbox controller alright, I think the one thing I preferred about the PS2 is the dpad position for Street Fighter.

I'm not going to be using these much at all though, so if I can pick up a cheap pair of Xbox pads anywhere I'll just go with them, but I guess I've more chance of finding ps3 pads cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, a decent wireless gaming mouse? Nothing wrong with my deathadder, its just I need a wireless mouse now as I am playing from bed. :o I am trying to cut down on wires right now!

Anyone had experience with Logitech G602? Looks and sounds great for the price.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had a play with one (was sent it by a friend who works in Logitech for testing and review). It's good, but I'm too used to my G700 to have made the switch and I passed it on to DeVore to use. It felt comfortable in the hand though and was quick and easy to reconfigure if I wanted to re-map or re-bind things.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I had a play with one (was sent it by a friend who works in Logitech for testing and review). It's good, but I'm too used to my G700 to have made the switch and I passed it on to DeVore to use. It felt comfortable in the hand though and was quick and easy to reconfigure if I wanted to re-map or re-bind things.

G700 is not that much more expensive. Would it be better choice? Do you prefer g700 just due to being used to ergonomics of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

cormie wrote: »
    Cool, well if they both offer full functionality and it's just a matter of shape preference of the pad I'll go with that so, thanks a lot for the feedback!

I have a wireless xbox 360 controller Black. Windows wireless receiver. Black play and charge kit for sale. PM if interested.

• Advertisement

G700 is not that much more expensive. Would it be better choice? Do you prefer g700 just due to being used to ergonomics of it?

I'm using the G700 as well and i love it. Feels perfect in my hand, and is more than responsive enough for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What are wireless mice like now?

Early iterations were an absolute disgrace, and even NOW I still see ****tards in our raids or games shouting" oh **** battery died in mouse".

Seems like such an obscene thing to have.... Really made a leap forward?

Have to say I've been hankering over REALLY BIG mouse mats lately. Don't know why, I rarely if ever drag my mouse of the mat, but having my keyboard and mouse on the same level, on a mat that spreads massively wide, sounds like a cool thing to have.

And seperate question, relating to mouse mats

"Mouse mat crust". It's literally the only word I can use to describe it. Be it dirt, sweat, I don't know what causes it, but this hard crusty layer forms on segments on my mouse mate.

Anyone know a great way to restore a mat? Granted I could probably just buy a new one, they only cost €15, wondering if there is any tricks to sorting it out. I use a stanley blade at the moment and just layer of the dirty crusty **** that forms.

After you have inserted your various jizz/**** jokes, please assure me I'm not the only person that gets this on their mousemat

I've not had any issues with the wireless mouse. Yeah, it runs out of power, but I have the cable at hand and tend to charge it every night. Rarely gets down below 25%, unless i'm using it non stop through the whole day. I've not noticed any lag or delay either, though to be fair i don't really play competitive shooters anymore.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've not had any issues with the wireless mouse. Yeah, it runs out of power, but I have the cable at hand and tend to charge it every night. Rarely gets down below 25%, unless i'm using it non stop through the whole day. I've not noticed any lag or delay either, though to be fair i don't really play competitive shooters anymore.

Charging the bastard every day sounds a bit meh. The G602 sounds like a bit more practical solution with batteries. I always have about 8 spare Batteries in the house due to my Lego hobby. :pac:

You can just leave the mouse plugged in if you prefer. The cable that comes with it is grand, or you can use any old usb 3 cable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm just more used to the shape and feel of the G700 - literally no other reason to prefer it over the 602. The 4 thumb buttons are now completely indispensable for me, but I found the 6 on the 602 to be less convenient to try and switch to. I also leave it plugged in all the time, but occasionally take it with me if I'm going anywhere and need to bring the laptop, I've never had battery issues, I just remember to turn it off if I'm leaving it alone for any time period.

Doc, I got a big SteelSeries mat - not a "mouse and keyboard will both sit on it" sized, but one of the reasons I went for it is the crud buildup from daily use - can just flip it around (like a mattress :D) and use the clean corner and all will be well.

Well, getting wireless mouse and keep it pluged in is sort of missing the point of the product. :D I am changing mouse not because I got issues with Deathadder, its just I need a wireless mouse!

Well, getting wireless mouse and keep it pluged in is sort of missing the point of the product. :D I am changing mouse not because I got issues with Deathadder, its just I need a wireless mouse!

True, but you can't have it both ways. It's either wired, or charge the battery :)

Might not be needed every day for some people, i just use it a lot. As Shiminay says, the mouse just feels right for me. Big hands, which just fit nicely in it, and the thumb buttons are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone know a great way to restore a mat? Granted I could probably just buy a new one, they only cost €15, wondering if there is any tricks to sorting it out. I use a stanley blade at the moment and just layer of the dirty crusty **** that forms.

I've washed my mat 3/4 times in its life. I fill a bath to about4/5 inches of warm water and mix in a little clothes detergent then use water bottles/something to hold it under water and let it soak overnight.

The next day I take the mat and bend it so the crease is under water and then sort of move the crease along the length while keeping the crease submerged. Trying to open the fibers of the surface to get water in there and dirt out.

After that I take the showerhead and rinse the absolute balls out of it.
    Then leave it to dry overnight somewhere warm and it's good to go the next day.

Had my mat for nearly 10 years now and it's still great.

EDIT: Sometimes it starts to curl after I wash it so I wrap it in a towel and put it under something heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Have to say I've been hankering over REALLY BIG mouse mats lately. Don't know why, I rarely if ever drag my mouse of the mat, but having my keyboard and mouse on the same level, on a mat that spreads massively wide, sounds like a cool thing to have.

This is what you need!
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-003-OP

GS-003-OP_59019_600.jpg

Bought one ages ago when it was on special - i must say i like it, and it coincidentally was the exact size of the top of my desk!

Lu Tze wrote: »
    This is what you need!
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-003-OP

GS-003-OP_59019_600.jpg

Bought one ages ago when it was on special - i must say i like it, and it coincidentally was the exact size of the top of my desk!

Is the material soft? GF bought a Perixx mat and the edges are quite sharp.

Yeah its soft - though i have a perixx mat as well and thats soft too (fairly thin with a rubbery base), hadnt noticed any sharp edges

This is the one I was looking at, basically the same type as I have at the moment but different size

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Goliathus-Control-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00EUPU2ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421920260&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+goliathus

€40 for a mousemat though, ****kkk

This is the one I was looking at, basically the same type as I have at the moment but different size

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Goliathus-Control-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00EUPU2ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421920260&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+goliathus

€40 for a mousemat though, ****kkk

I got one when they were called a Razer Mantis. Paid about €40 but it's been nearly 10 years now and it's still going.
    It's like a Logitech mouse, buy once, cry once.

Actually in work now and the edges of the mat do seem to have become a bit frayed, and jagged as a result, it's harder or sharper as you put it. The ocuk one is much softer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'm in the market for a new mouse (mostly because the one I'm using now is a €5 Logitech that I picked up about 7 years ago). I'm looking for something on the larger side (R.A.T/Naga/Corsair Vengeance) with a little bit of weight to it. I'd like to keep the price under €50, but I'm open to suggestions over that.

I was looking at the RAT 3 and 5, but being Mad Catz they don't fill me with confidence.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Excuse the bump :-)

Thinking about going with the Logitech G600 and was wondering if anyone had one or had any opinions on them?

I mostly play FPS games, and will probably be getting into Dota soon with a friend. Being an MMO mouse I'm thinking it might be a bit overkill, though I guess the extra buttons could come in handy for the likes of melee, crouching, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Not a bad mouse and keyboard set this.

http://beginnergaming.com/review-redragon-keyboard-mouse/

• Advertisement
Advertisement