Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once more into the fray...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Irish: Finished studying sraith pictures. Won't touch them until Saturday at least...

Italian: Finished all pictures and roleplays.

Geography: More regional notes. Got a tone of corrected essays back, chuffed that all of them were 85%+. Notes from the start of the year are proving to be helpful.

PhysChem: More atomic chemistry revision.

253mins

Was very busy studying for Irish orals but finally over!

Did tones of bits and pieces everywhere, finished regional geography notes and did a lot of maths calculus.

Going to continue doing bits and bobs until Oral for mock, hoping to get a lot done by next weekend!

Right!

All my orals are done so now I can accelerate a bit with the heavy duty study.

I feel okay for everything bar physical geography and all of English.

Going to formulate a proper plan on Sunday, but my weekend goals are at the moment (not going to account the study for school tests and homework, only self motivated study!)

Geography: Homemade test on physical (3 random long questions) time limit is 45min!
    English: Update and tweak notes, did I make Yeats notes? :o
    Maths: Completely revise all of Statistics and Probability, and Complex Numbers.

They're my main objectives at the moment, but I'm going to add more to the list tomorrow.

Daily update... Zzzz

Maths: Revised all of probability and statistics by doing advanced questions from the book, but going to hit some past paper questions tomorrow (test). Complex numbers aren't so complex.

Geography: Did three physical essays without notes and under time constraint. Also spent time looking for patterns in the questions.

English: King Lear quotes + answer adaptability, going to start tweaking them to different aspects tomorrow.

I'm a little worried for biology and geography at the moment because the syllabus is so vast, it's like half of my brain cells have disappeared as I struggle to retain information. :(:(:(

Maths: Did some log questions and exponential questions.

English: Finished King Lear notes, quite confident with this one but need to stay open minded for the exam. Also threw ideas around for the composition.

Geography: Have a lot of essays pending for correction, tomorrow I'll begin essays on regional.

Physchem: General skim through.

• Advertisement

Haven't constructively studied (key word: constructively) in the past three days (been feeling very tired :().

Going to kick start my routine tomorrow morning.

Main focus is geography for the week. Going to start using the timer app again!

Feeling pretty confident for geography, maths p1 & 2, English p2 and physchem and biology.

More adrenaline is being produced me thinks as these exams are edging closer, hence I feel like I can retain more information now at a quick glance at a page of my notes.

I've rewrote my geography notes a minimum of three times, pretty condensed and prepared for the late night cram before the exam.

I've done (attempted :o) every question in my maths past paper booklet, going to rerun through it and maybe savage a few mocks for more practice.

The next three days will be mainly focused on biology (general revision) and English (poetry and comparative).

Haven't wrote a speedy essay in ages, I'm afraid my timing and legibility correlation is high!

Four day geography, maths and English grind!

Tomorrow:
    -All of regional geography (15 SRPs per question, ~15 questions).
    -English vocabulary and comparative
    -Maths hypotenuse testing and 95% CI

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

Four day geography, maths and English grind!

Tomorrow:
    -All of regional geography (15 SRPs per question, ~15 questions).
    -English vocabulary and comparative
    -Maths hypotenuse testing and 95% CI

Haha my teacher always makes the same mistake!

Edrees98 wrote: »
    Haha my teacher always makes the same mistake!

Ah, I meant hypothesis :o:o:o

• Advertisement

Tomorrow:
    -Physical Geography grind, and a mini regional test.
    -Composition essay practice and brainstorm for English.
    -Maths, advanced questions from maths book.

Just to wrap things up - I got 535 points and as of today, got my first choice which is Engineering at Trinity (500 points).

Very surprised with how things panned out as I initially expected to get 400-450 points, enough for DCU engineering.

Anyway, the results.

Irish OL C2
    English Hl B3
    Maths Hl B1
    Italian HL C1
    Geography HL B2
    Applied Maths Hl D2 (expected to fail... ****ing horrible exam)
    Biology Hl A1
    Physchem Hl A1

Might review and maybe appeal my maths because I honestly expected an A2...

Good luck to future LC'ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

Well done Arnie! Good job on keeping this going as well.

I'm in the same boat with Maths (got B1, expected A2 - but I don't think I'll bother appealing since I have my course easily) and I heard from friends that App Maths and Bio were horrible so congrats on getting through those :)

Advertisement