Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once more into the fray...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Applied Maths: Fully completed Relative Velocity, got all my test questions done (2015,2014,2000,1999).

Italian: Revised remaining role plays.

That's all for today, feeling pretty tired - and I've noticed I can't stick to a preplanned timetable. I'm doing STUFF, but it's not sticking to the timetable. Going to go back to the a more 'objective study plan' on Monday.

Although I'm loving the Forest App, really helps when they make a timer app into a game, and the best aspect is the timer goes off if you exit the app.

153mins

Tomorrow --> Statics for Applied Maths
    --> 60m Larkin Question
    --> Learn up to Sraith Picture 10

Applied Maths: Statics 1/3
    Irish: 1 - 10 Sraith Picture key words learned

It's a hard mental struggle, attempted the English question but I really dislike Larkin because there's not many themes you can talk about without waffling.

Tomorrow, I'm learning biology, irish Sraith Pictures and some more applied maths.

Monday, I'll sort myself out, because I've been feeling a bit off since Thursday (more water please!!!). Also, new study technique. I think I might try add another training day to my week, as exercise is key to a healthy mind!

94mins today... Zzzz

Applied Maths: 2/3 Statics

Irish: Sraith Pictures well :)

Biology: HD, ecology, tissue culture, osmosis

186mins

Right!

Applied Maths: Statics 9/10, just have to do some more exam questions, maybe tomorrow.

Irish: Sraith Pictures 1-15 vocabulary short cuts made and learnt.

Italian: Made a list of ~120 verbs, learning 10 a day (plus their past tense, present tense, future tense, conditional tense and present continuous tense variations). Going to make it a habit to test myself on languages every weekend, so a 70 verb test on Sunday and maybe 1-10 Sraith Picture.

Biology: Have a giant revision test coming up so just learning for that.

213mins today

Objectives for the week (personal study):

Applied Maths: Master Linear Motion, Relative Velocity and Statics. Might spend an entire day just doing past papers on these three.

Irish: Have 1-15 Sraith Picture imbeded into my soil.

Italian: Learn and practice using 70 handy verbs.

Geography: Make India Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Essays, and update SRP sheets.

English: Create full notes for Bishop, Yeats and Larkin (really hate him...).

Physchem: Scim through past papers (mental test).

Will update everyday. :o

• Advertisement

Applied Maths: Completed Statics, although I'm not fully confident as I always screw up the two rods hinged questions.

Irish: 1-4 Sraith Picture grained into my soul.

English: Bishop notes and started a list of fancy phrases.

Italian: 20 verbs today, 10 extra! Also did a composition piece in response to a journalist article, only 25marks.

244mins

Applied Maths: Did the 2000 Q1,2 and 7... Got them all right so I'm very happy today. Huge mood booster knowing the grinding is paying off, going to do more this weekend.

Geography: India Tertiary essay

Italian: Did 30 verbs today, 20 extra! :)

Got a lot of biology and Irish done for an approaching test, but this log is only for PERSONAL STUDY unrelated to school.

Zzzz

193mins

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

First of all, fair dues to you, you're doing great work! Can I ask how you get the time to do all this study, along with your homework and tests etc?

Applied Maths: Did 1998 Q1, 2 and 7. Successful! :)

Italian: Reached the 70 verb count! Still more to learn.

Maths: Did half a sample paper.

Physchem: Did half of 2004 paper.

163mins Zzzzzz

Biology: HR revision

Maths: Finished sample paper

Feeling really unwell so I hardly did anything today, but hopefully coffee will help tomorrow!

Today is a bad day, but bad days happen - you move on and try the next day.

:(

60mins

• Advertisement

Irish: Practiced all areas of oral conversation, sick of the Sraith Pictures. :(

Italian: Did the 70 verb test and learned an Extra 10.

Geography: India Primary and Secondary essays complete.

Applied Maths: Started Dynamics.

Feeling better but I lost my voice in exchange for a headache free day...

180mins

Irish: Sraith Pictures 1 - 10 practiced and nailed!

Applied Maths: Dynamics 4/5 - very similar to Statics so I'm finding it quite easy.

Still feeling a bit rough, took two naps today :o.

Determined to get A LOT done in the next five days, then I'm going to take three days off for a small break.

131mins

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

Hello Dublin, I was wondering if you could give some advice on how to study English. I keep procrastinating over doing questions or revising the different sections. Help would be much appreciated!

Edrees98 wrote: »
    Hello Dublin, I was wondering if you could give some advice on how to study English. I keep procrastinating over doing questions or revising the different sections. Help would be much appreciated!

Honestly, all I do is learn new vocabulary and interesting phrases.

Sometimes read some notes before my exam, but I think writing well in English really comes down how much you read. I know people who suck at other subjects in school, but they read a lot, so they do well in English even though they aren't the study type clearly.

If I was you and struggling with the subject - I'd look up good alternatives to the words you use every day, repetition is something you don't want to do in an answer.

Applied Maths: Started past papers for dynamics already, a little ropey for the advanced questions.

Irish: Revised a lot of interesting vocabulary.

Italian: Finished learning my list of verbs. Going to do a GIANT test on Wednesday.

Geography: Organised notes.

Feeling better and stronger! :)

168mins

Honestly, all I do is learn new vocabulary and interesting phrases.

Sometimes read some notes before my exam, but I think writing well in English really comes down how much you read. I know people who suck at other subjects in school, but they read a lot, so they do well in English even though they aren't the study type clearly.

If I was you and struggling with the subject - I'd look up good alternatives to the words you use every day, repetition is something you don't want to do in an answer.

I have been reading many articles recommended by my teacher but you are right, if you don't have the vocabulary to express your ideas then you are likely to do quite average.

Thanks !! I need to spend more time reading. Good luck with your studies, your study log motivates me substantially, both to study harder and also to stay committed to this study log thingy! :)

I have been reading many articles recommended by my teacher but you are right, if you don't have the vocabulary to express your ideas then you are likely to do quite average.

Thanks !! I need to spend more time reading. Good luck with your studies, your study log motivates me substantially, both to study harder and also to stay committed to this study log thingy! :)

We're all in it together!

I'd recommend going on Wattpad and reading some of the high rated stories - good for ideas on how to convey points.

Make sure to download the Forest App, really helps because it's a timer that is disabled if you use your phone.

Good luck.

We're all in it together!

I'd recommend going on Wattpad and reading some of the high rated stories - good for ideas on how to convey points.

Make sure to download the Forest App, really helps because it's a timer that is disabled if you use your phone.

Good luck.

Thanks for suggestions, will definetly download them!

Applied Maths: More Dynamic questions.

English: Started Larkin notes.

Maths: Did half of sample paper.

Italian: Made a useful list for formal letter vocabulary.

Treated today as a break day so not much done. :)

79mins today

Break Day. :(

0mins

• Advertisement

Last few days have been busy since I had guests staying over. Managed to get most of my Easter homework done and finished Dynamics (Q4).

Going to finish the rest of Easter Homework today - then maintain five hours a day study until school starts at least (starting tomorrow). :D

Applied Maths: Started past papers on Projectiles (Q3). Going to go over Q1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 next weekend before moving onto something else.

Revising oral material for Irish and Italian, my throat feels weird after talking in foreign tongue for good time.

Got 7 hours in total done yesterday - about 2.5 spent on Italian and Irish orals, and the rest on applied maths and normal maths.

Applied Maths: Finished Projectiles, although kinda weak on the advanced questions. Started Collisions (probably my easiest chapter).

Maths: Did a full paper and went through past papers filling in easy questions.

Today: Another 7hours!

Applied Maths: Did some collision past papers, feel like I have a good idea so handy question for me. So now I have six questions covered. Going to dedicate two weeks drilling more past papers!

Maths: More past papers and started self learning calculus (differentiation).

More oral stuffs.

5~ hours.

What do you mean by "self-learning" Calculus? Have you not done it yet?!!???!!??!

What do you mean by "self-learning" Calculus? Have you not done it yet?!!???!!??!

Oddly enough no.

It's annoying because a lot of past papers questions are calculus and you need it for applied maths also.

Hopefully after easter we will!

Physchem: Revised Motion

Finished Italian Oral study, going to refresh this weekend.

Hopefully get the rest of Sraith Pictures done tomorrow.

More differentiation for maths.

Zzz

Geography: Rewrote all of my physical geography notes with added information and more concise. It's a bit messy because I rushed the writing aspect but that means I'll have to rewrite all my notes again come leaving cert :p.

Applied Maths: Did 2003 Q1,2,3,4,5 and 7. Only struggled with second part of linear motion and second part of relative Velocity. Aiming for B1!

Irish: Sraith Pictures 1-20 nailed down in terms of vocabulary and complex sentences, need to practice saying it now!

Maths: Some more differentiation questions, quite easy so far.

Tomorrow will be more productive!

Back into the rhythm of things!

Applied Maths: Advanced Linear Motion questions from notes.

Irish: Oral Oral Oral

Italian: Oral Oral Oral

Maths: Practiced some more differentiation questions

English: Finally made Larkin notes covering all six of the poems we're doing... Don't enjoy reading his love poems.

180mins

• Advertisement

Applied Maths: Advanced Relative Velocity questions from notes.

Irish: Oral Oral Oral

Geography: Started new notes for Regional Geography.

Physchem: Atomic Chemistry

214mins

Zzz

Advertisement