Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mondeo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

bazz26 wrote:
    Looks fairly spartan inside for a Titanium imo. Leather/alcantara seats seem to be no longer standard.

They were never standard on a Titanium though, only on the X

• Registered Users Posts: 51,123 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems a bit pointless buying one over a Zetec then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless buying one over a Zetec then.

Titanium still gets the automatic wipers, touchscreen radio, dimming rear view and the reversing camera though. If you're into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Titanium still gets the automatic wipers, touchscreen radio, dimming rear view and the reversing camera though. If you're into that sort of thing.

And the digital dash I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

From pics - the hatch Mondeo looks to be the nicest looking car around at the moment.

Colour is vital on these cars I think - lots of modern cars ARE colour sensitive - but the new Mondeo looks like it may take colour sensitivity to a whole new level.

I have to admit though - I LOVE that sort of long sloping rear (fastback/liftback) hatch design anway - so that's ALWAYS a big help for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Old diesel wrote: »
    Colour is vital on these cars I think - lots of modern cars ARE colour sensitive - but the new Mondeo looks like it may take colour sensitivity to a whole new level.

Gotta agree... what colours do you think are best? I think it looks fabulous in silver from the photos that I've seen, and on the flipside, any sort of steel grey or metallic brown looks gick. Then again though, I've only seen photos, not the actual metal.

Black will always work, as I think the candy red variant will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That Estate and a blue and candy red were outside Ford's place. The blue looks the most modern and suits the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

That Estate and a blue and candy red were outside Ford's place. The blue looks the most modern and suits the car.

There's more than a couple of cars in the country. I drove a 1.6 Zetec estate in that Grey, and there were around 20 cars there that day, of various different colours and specifications.

Currently, Ford are giving the Winter Pack for free on the Titanium models, but the best offer is the Zetec Appearance Pack. It's great value at the normal price of €650, but currently on offer for €300. Front & Rear Parking sensors, upgrade to 17" Alloys, and a few bits of chrome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sat in a new one this morning. I know it's new here, but to me at least the design is old already. Haven't they been selling these in the USA for a few years?

• Advertisement

Yes, it's sold as the Fusion in the US for the last 3 years.

Black will always work, as I think the candy red variant will.

Is the candy red the red on some of the very early launch cars some of the magazines have featured????

That does work very well in picture.

Black should work a treat if the car has chrome - if they do what VW have done with Passats in the past and dechromed the base model - it won't work so well.

Old diesel wrote:
    Black should work a treat if the car has chrome - if they do what VW have done with Passats in the past and dechromed the base model - it won't work so well.

Old diesel wrote:
    Is the candy red the red on some of the very early launch cars some of the magazines have featured????

Old diesel wrote:
    That does work very well in picture.

I have the brochure here actually, the red looks class. I'll look at the name again, but I don't think it's called candy red.

Ya black is really brought up with chrome, hence me sticking it on :P

What really makes black work - on any car - is if you have light coloured interior on it.

Speaking of light coloured interiors ive yet to see pics of a Mondeo with a light coloured interior.

Makes a MASSIVE difference on the Mazda 6 - and that's just the seats/door cards as Mazda seem to keep the dash black/dark coloured regardless

The current Mazda 6 is seen by many as the most stylish car in the class - but unless the Mondeo changes dramatically when I see it in real life - I think the Hatch Mondeo is nicer.

That's partially down to me liking the Mondeo hatch shape of car.

Has anyone seen pics of the Mondeo saloon yet - I haven't hence the question

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Zetec with trim in black looks good. However compared to old model I find the new sloping centre console now encroaches more on left leg. Seats very comfy and supportive. The small screen does not do it justice. I'd say the Titanium dash would look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Centre console

vtechseqproj4.jpg
    LqPAz2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Those wheels look completely lost! What are they, 15 inches or something tiny? Looking at the state of the Zetec interior, I shudder to think how ugly the poverty spec Style (or whatever they call the one below Zetec these days) looks. The Titanium is a LOT nicer inside, pity it's so expensive though. I also don't like the fact that the new car is not available as a saloon (even though it is originally from the US) unless you order a hybrid. This approach may be fine in the UK, but Paddy likes his or her big cars to have a boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Wheels were 17" I checked. Looks a lot better in the flesh.

Underwhelming imo. Shape doesn't look much different to the previous model par the front grill and lights. That centre console is way too cluttered for my liking. Too many small fidgety buttons, a touch screen would be way nicer and easier to manage imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think the new Mondeo looks more like a face lift than a new model. In particular the rear.

Edit...Didn't see your post Bazz26 before I wrote mine there but +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I really like it :) I hate the interior though...

Did you hate the interior of the outgoing mondeo?

That zetec interior is minging. The titanium centre is a major improvement!

The interior of the Mk4 was hardly that car's strongest asset either. Mind you, the Zetec interior in the older car was nicer than the Zetec one in the new car...

The Titanium interior is a major step forward, it's worth paying the extra for a Titanium for the better interior alone. The Zetec screams cheapness, it's clearly designed for American rather than European tastes.

You shouldn't have to pay extra just to get an acceptable interior though. Its an ageing design, it'll look worse in 5 years time. Don't know what all the fuss about this facelift is.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to pay extra just to get an acceptable interior though. Its an ageing design, it'll look worse in 5 years time. Don't know what all the fuss about this facelift is.

Your right - but I can see Ford making the Titanium interior the standard interior in time - OR - facelifting it.

It will look worse in 5 years time - but id expect the interior to be facelifted in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Surely this model is already almost due a facelift in about 2 years or so?

colm_mcm wrote: »

Fair point. Mind you, the Germans are great for doing the same thing, a BMW or Merc with cloth is just plain nasty to be in. Toyota of course are dynamite for it also, the Mk2 Avensis is horrible to be in if you buy the Aura or Strata model but is a perfectly nice place to be in if you go for the Luna or Sol models as they've the nice shiny aluminium effect centre console.

Just because Toyota and ze Germans do it doesn't mean it's right that Ford does it either.

• Advertisement

Old diesel wrote: »
    Your right - but I can see Ford making the Titanium interior the standard interior in time - OR - facelifting it.

It will look worse in 5 years time - but id expect the interior to be facelifted in that time.

Interior mid-life facelifts very rarely are radically different to the original design. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Advertisement