Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mondeo

Options
  • 01-09-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about when the new Mondeo will be coming here?

I've read a lot about the Genk factory in Belgium closing and production moving to various other places, and a delay to Autumn 2014. Well that time has more or less arrived now, so is there any news?

Not that I'll be buying one, mind. Maybe in about 8 years time when the new-new one is out and this new one is goin' chape enough for me to afford her! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Expecting info and demo models in November, for delivery in January.

Same for the new Passat as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

That Mondeo sounds a tad pricey IMO....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,123 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It will be a 2 year old model at launch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Trim levels will be Style, Zetec and Godot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Looks like it has been on sale in the US fir a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

NYPD use them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Let them keep it for a while longer!! The minute it comes out I'm sure the mk4 will depreciate like a stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Having seen the ford fusions used by the NYPD in the metal I have to say it is one tasty looking car..
    I'm right in thinking they're the new minders? If so I'd have one over any other rep mobile on the road at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

That Mondeo sounds a tad pricey IMO....

Is prelim pricing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Anybody know if the vignale spec will be much extra? Wonder if there will be many on the road.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Casati wrote: »
    Is prelim pricing out?

Zetec diesel starts at 30k or so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Tasty estate. And i don't like estates.

New+Ford+Mondeo3.jpg

Zetec diesel starts at 30k or so I'm told.

Hopefully 30k will get you a 2.0, and not the 1.5 diesel?? I wonder will the dealers really think about customer requirements and order a few of the 1.0's

Lets hope too the spec is a bit better than last one - Zetec lacks a lot of toys you'd expect e.g folding mirrors, auto lights, wipers, mirrors, privacy glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,123 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's because it is the Fusion which has been on sale for 2 years.

bazz26 wrote: »
    That's because it is the Fusion which has been on sale for 2 years.

And all the better for it - any early problems should hopefully be ironed out. I rented a Fusion last year and was well impressed with it, 1.6T Powershift with I think 180bhp made for a decent drive

New Passat pricing came through yesterday, so hopefully Mondeo won't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah baby... I got a rental Taurus in Pittsburgh a few years back, leather, everything. Sitting into it I felt as if I'd been handed the keys to the Space Shuttle.

Probably the nicest thing I've ever driven (although that's a fairly short and limited list, and it doesn't include BMW/Audi/Merc/Lex, anything newer than 2010 or anything over 2.2 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

R.O.R wrote: »
    New Passat pricing came through yesterday, so hopefully Mondeo won't be too far behind.

Is it online anywhere?

Is it online anywhere?

Possibly via http://ext.volkswagen.ie/brochures/28 but I can't be bothered filling in the form to check :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That Mondeo estate looks comfy..

Going to be doing a lot of looking around next year before a decision is made.

Possibly via http://ext.volkswagen.ie/brochures/28 but I can't be bothered filling in the form to check :pac:

i downloaded it so it works.

Not cheap - Trendline 1.6d Estate is 32k plus met, and doesn't have alloys, but better value up the range I think

Saw pricing on the Indo for the Mondeo 1.6 115 bhp Diesel Zetec - 28995, seems to be a nice bit cheaper than Comfortline Passat. Not clear on the spec but it looks like parking sensors are only on Titanium model which isn't great, and its coming with 16 alloys too. Expect to see a lot of these on the road and a lot of the old shape appearing for sale in January

115 bhp Diesel and 150 bhp Diesel available from launch, (1.0 and 1.5 petrols to follow- if any dealer orders them that remains to be seen)

Does anybody have the full price list? i'd like to compare the Titanium 150 bhp with the Passat Highline 150 bhp, guess the Mondeo will be grand cheaper maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

At least that's one good thing to come out of Paddy's obsession with Daysuls.

We won't be flooded with 1 liter Mondys :P

Casati wrote: »
    Saw pricing on the Indo for the Mondeo 1.6 115 bhp Diesel Zetec - 28995, seems to be a nice bit cheaper than Comfortline Passat. Not clear on the spec but it looks like parking sensors are only on Titanium model which isn't great, and its coming with 16 alloys too. Expect to see a lot of these on the road and a lot of the old shape appearing for sale in January

115 bhp Diesel and 150 bhp Diesel available from launch, (1.0 and 1.5 petrols to follow- if any dealer orders them that remains to be seen)

Does anybody have the full price list? i'd like to compare the Titanium 150 bhp with the Passat Highline 150 bhp, guess the Mondeo will be grand cheaper maybe?

Not sure if pricing is on general release so not going to put it all up.

Titanium 150ps Manual 5dr Hatch - €34,345. That's a mere €415 less than the retail on the equivalent (150ps Highline) Passat. Could be a tough sell for Ford there.

Only available from launch in Zetec or Titanium, with entry level to follow down the line. No 4dr Saloon - that will be for the Vignale only, so it's 5dr Hatch and 5dr Estate.

Specification comes back down from what is was on the run out models, to more or less what it always was on the Zetec & Titanium.

Zetec loses the Nav that the run out had, and also reverts to 16" wheels (:eek:) with an option of a Zetec appearance pack (17" Wheels, Chrome on the doors, power fold mirrors, rear park sensors and side skirts - should be around €650 ish and looks fairly good value at that).

No 1.0 EcoBoost listed on the pricing I got. 1.5 160ps available only on Titanium models.

Not sure if pricing is on general release so not going to put it all up.

Titanium 150ps Manual 5dr Hatch - €34,345. That's a mere €415 less than the retail on the equivalent (150ps Highline) Passat. Could be a tough sell for Ford there.

Only available from launch in Zetec or Titanium, with entry level to follow down the line. No 4dr Saloon - that will be for the Vignale only, so it's 5dr Hatch and 5dr Estate.

Specification comes back down from what is was on the run out models, to more or less what it always was on the Zetec & Titanium.

Zetec loses the Nav that the run out had, and also reverts to 16" wheels (:eek:) with an option of a Zetec appearance pack (17" Wheels, Chrome on the doors, power fold mirrors, rear park sensors and side skirts - should be around €650 ish and looks fairly good value at that).

No 1.0 EcoBoost listed on the pricing I got. 1.5 160ps available only on Titanium models.

I think they are being mean with the spec- no parking sensors for Zetec is step back for example at a time when competition seems to be spec'ing up models- e.g. Insignia Sat Nav standard, Superb has leather on Amibition and Mazda 6 also has a lot of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Id say they will pull themselves back into line with the pricing if the selling is slow.

That estate looks lovely.

2 year old design???? - well Insignia is getting on for 7 years old now - albeit facelifted - and I dare say - it won't be long at all before the new 6 is also 2 years old.

Id like to think that theyve being further developing the Euro spec car over the last 2 years - so that what we are getting now is a better car then we would have got 2 years ago if it turned up on time.

Incidentally - the Mk 1 Renault Laguna was around 12 months late coming to market from what I recall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

Anybody know where more detailed pricing is available online?
    Rang local dealer who was no help, wanted me to call in to talk to him which at this stage I have no interest in doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

carsfan wrote: »
    Anybody know where more detailed pricing is available online?
    Rang local dealer who was no help, wanted me to call in to talk to him which at this stage I have no interest in doing.

Not sure what he thinks is the idea behind inviting you to come and talk with no new Mondeo to show you.

He hardly thinks you are going to order one without even seeing one - although im sure people do :eek:.

Like the woman I did a course with who bought a 2nd hand Focus without even driving it - it was at a Ford main dealers but even so....

She couldn't even see the point of a test drive "what would I learn from that"

Advertisement