Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game: ESPN Eliminator Challenge (Last Man Standing/Suicide Pool) - Anyone Interested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

15 Brave souls left standing from the 19 that progressed last week. Squeaky bum time for the ten that had the Pats over the Raiders. The Dolphins failed to produce the goods and by the look of things there are 3 people who either didn't make a pick or have picked the niners or bears in tonights matchup. Can't say I'd fancy picking a winner between either of them.

I'll guess you meant Jets v Bears games... Looks like all 3 have either picked Bears or not picked as they all had the Jets previously...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'll guess you meant Jets v Bears games... Looks like all 3 have either picked Bears or not picked as they all had the Jets previously...

Err yup, thats the one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

by the look of things there are 3 people who either didn't make a pick or have picked the niners or bears in tonights matchup. Can't say I'd fancy picking a winner between either of them.

Might be giving up some of my edge here, but it is possible to make your picks several weeks in advance, so if you forget to do it, you have some kind of pick in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

padraig_f wrote: »
    Might be giving up some of my edge here, but it is possible to make your picks several weeks in advance, so if you forget to do it, you have some kind of pick in there.

I think you can - just click each gameweek & you can make a pick, possible to change it later

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

15 left still!

To the people who are out like myself: You can still make picks each week after elimination if you want to continue taking part for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

And then there were 9. Detroit took a lot of people down with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Could be more than 9. Others unbeaten might have Seattle tonight. I have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

Pity that the Saints came back. Would have been far fewer left if the Bucs held on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Such a tough week to pick out a "sure" winner.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Such a tough week to pick out a "sure" winner.

Mine's already in the bank with Indy last night!

• Advertisement

I'd be more inclined to have Indy booked for their home game against Jacksonville but tough to second guess this week. Might have to oppose Dallas.

Looks like only 3 left. Two entries don't have anything for tonight.
    6 teams went down with the Seahawks.

Bloody Seahawks, they must not have known that there was internet bragging rights at stake! :mad:

boccy23 wrote: »
    Looks like only 3 left. Two entries don't have anything for tonight.
    6 teams went down with the Seahawks.

Thee could be another couple who have someone in tonight's game so it might be 1 or 2 more still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got eliminated taking the Seahawks against the Cowboys, thought that was a lock....the Seahawks were 17-1 at home under Russell Wilson before that (pretty incredible record against NFL teams). Didn't expect the Cowboys of all teams to buck that trend.

Fun game though, will play again next year.

Reckoned it'd be a tough week and I'm out. Was never certain about the Seahawks but the manner in which they went down was incredible. They got smashed. Good luck to the rest on going perfect. Hard to pick a week in which the biggest favourite was 10 points, and they were away from home and already picked.

Scraped a win last night from the Pats. Thought that others would have had the Pats, but they are only available to 1 other team.

Scraped a win last night from the Pats. Thought that others would have had the Pats, but they are only available to 1 other team.

So that's 1 of the 5 survivors through to next week already! I'm struggling to pick a team this week (my team is Andy) as I've used up all the good ones already. I'm looking at going with GB but they're far from a sure thing against Carolina. I'm still not brave enough to pick the Browns.

So that's 1 of the 5 survivors through to next week already! I'm struggling to pick a team this week (my team is Andy) as I've used up all the good ones already. I'm looking at going with GB but they're far from a sure thing against Carolina. I'm still not brave enough to pick the Browns.
    I did have trouble and didn't like picking the Pats as I dislike the Thursday games in general. Was lucky to get through. Blocked kick!
    Did have my eye on Seattle but have tried to always pick a home team. Worked so far.

Everyone won.

Had hoped with the upsets that we would have lost someone!

Well done all.

• Advertisement

That's me gone now. Serves me right for picking against my own team.

Down to 2 now.

Got knocked out in week 6 due to the seahawks, but have had the next few weeks queued up in case I forget to set the lineup. Have the bears down for next week against the Vikings.
    Well, after the last night they can sod right off!

Am I right in thinking the last two teams were undone by the Jags comeback over the Giants this week?

Am I right in thinking the last two teams were undone by the Jags comeback over the Giants this week?
    Yup.
    I'm top of the pile and lost out in week 8.

Yup.
    I'm top of the pile and lost out in week 8.

Pffft, top of the pile by rule of a tiebreaker. :pac:
    I'm claiming equal rights to the number 1 slot.

Pffft, top of the pile by rule of a tiebreaker. :pac:
    I'm claiming equal rights to the number 1 slot.
    Ah, don't be sad. Tis the season and all that. :D

Are we getting this going again for the coming season? It was a good bit of fun last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

In if it goes ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm in if this is going again.

Advertisement