Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 arrests, one year

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

If these were cautions you were lucky. You are dicing with your future career here. If you are prosecuted, wave goodbye to a career with children. Already you have ruled yourself out of obtaining visas in some countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

RoyalBaa wrote: »
    Ok, some useful advice please. College life in fact revolves around drinking. As bad as it may be, its the norm in Ireland and is not something that you can give up too easily!!

Useful advice: stop drinking. Has anyone else said that? Oh, yeah, just now. I spent 5 years in UCD and yes, there can be a lot of drinking, but I opted out and so did most of my classmates. My eldest son is now in UCD, 19 years old. He grew up in France drinking cider and wine (in moderation and mostly under supervision) but he too has opted out of mixing with the kind of students who live for their drink. Oh, and he's already garda-checked and working with children teaching IT.

There are dozens of ways you can de-stress without drink, though most of them involve physical activity - rock climbing, mud-runs, set-dancing (that was my thing), martial arts, etc ... but even something like video-gaming can give you a non-drink buzz if you give up the idea that drink is the only way.

Advertisement