Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Boards Photobook - Santa Strike Force

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

dinneenp wrote: »
    Do you mean the 29th or 22nd- Saturdays? I'd presume it'd be on a Saturday; daytime suits the photowalk better?

29th or 22nd yes, the Saturday night! :) no update yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

What's the status of this? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was wondering the same, time is getting fairly tight...it'd be just a month away.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Ceacg has been away so I'm not sure - but I'm sure she will be by with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Looks like it won't happen this year as there are no/not enough volunteers to take on the task.

I have a suggestion for next year. It's the calendar thing again. I just feel that a calendar has a much wider appeal to the user base of Boards - hence more sales.
    Images for the calendar could be the post of the month from this year and a selection of the honourable mentions in thumbnails.
    The main drawback with the calendar is the initial funding. Perhaps pre-orders could be taken prior to printing or perhaps a small print run could be subsidised by the SSF warchest.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

OldGoat wrote: »
    Looks like it won't happen this year as there are no/not enough volunteers to take on the task.

I have a suggestion for next year. It's the calendar thing again. I just feel that a calendar has a much wider appeal to the user base of Boards - hence more sales.
    Images for the calendar could be the post of the month from this year and a selection of the honourable mentions in thumbnails.
    The main drawback with the calendar is the initial funding. Perhaps pre-orders could be taken prior to printing or perhaps a small print run could be subsidised by the SSF warchest.

I was part of a committee that put together a calendar for the ISPCC a few years ago, if you would like any input I would be glad to help.

Edit: Just looked and it was 2007, seems so long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Ah, a shame to see it go :(.

It was a great initiative, but I suppose all good things come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

OldGoat wrote: »

:(

It's a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It's a lot of work to take on especially now that a new printer has to be found. Kudos to Cork_girl, Xia, DarranG and everyone else from the previous years for taking it on. I remember the stream of posts from the organisers trying to get people to pay up for books. It was like herding cats.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I'm a bit surprised though as I thought the printers were picked and help was available. Maybe a shout for help earlier would have helped?

• Advertisement

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised though as I thought the printers were picked and help was available. Maybe a shout for help earlier would have helped?
    Well, thread was started end of August, that's the same time-frame as the last few years. I just have too much on this year and knew I wouldn't be able to commit to it and it's a pity that others are also really busy.

There's no reason why it couldn't be done after Christmas, or another time of the year or an alternative such as the calendar be done - though personally I prefer a book :)

Printers were approached alright but I'm not sure if Ceacg found a printer in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

could we sit on it until after Christmas (and the water bills arrive) and then have another go at things...

aidanic wrote: »
    could we sit on it until after Christmas (and the water bills arrive) and then have another go at things...

I like the sound of that :)

Maybe get a team involved, so if one person falls away the project is not abandoned?

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Maybe get a team involved, so if one person falls away the project is not abandoned?

That's what I was hoping for :) You want to be on the team?!:D

If I can be of help (I'm Techno averse) sure :pac:

I'm good at kicking ass though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pity it won't go ahead. Thanks to everyone who was working on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Folks, I'm *right* here you know... :)

No one told me you needed help and it's my job to help things like this.

Lets pick it up in January and make something happen for March, but please contact me if you're having difficulty, I can't help if I don't know there's a problem.

And sign-up has started for the book :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057407742

Nice to see the images coming in!

• Advertisement

Launch day confirmed - 5th September!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057457680

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement