Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text service being removed from Eircom Landlines

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try calling the number manually from a phone on the same line just to make sure it's actually getting through and is keyed in correctly.

Also double check the alarm actually has the phone line connected properly. Is it possible it's not getting the line at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

I have it sending messages now, I might have to make 2 attempts the first time it comes up call failed but if I try again it will go through. My phone line isn't good enough for broadband, maybe it's the poor quality of the line that it won't send first time. But there was never an issue with the eircom server. Unless hkc have put in a much smaller server.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Guys hoping some one can help I thought I had secure text set up correctly tested it month or so ago and both my phone and wife's received the text. This eve the hail stones hit the windows and the alarm went off "alarm pulse" I got called from house number over and over 6 minutes later I received the text however the calls kept coming until I got home to switch alarm off. How can I stop it from calling my phone ? I just want the text no calls. Please help went through manual and menus
    couldn't see where it has my phone number but in the SMS menu.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you set this up yourself.

Yes and it was working the one time I tested it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would default the dialler & start from scratch & programme it up again.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would default the dialler & start from scratch & programme it up again.

Reading manual again trying to figure out how to default the dialler only and not the whole panel, I had a thought should the text feature be turned off ? Is it the HKC server that sends the text and not my digi dialer ? If the text feature is on and it is unable to text (eircom line text not supported) does it then call the first number set up in the text phone no.'s ?

You can go into the dialler menu and default the dialler settings without affecting the panel programming.

OK think I found problem I had my mobile number programmed into "phone options menu" - "phone & account Nos." So I have deleted this hoping I will only receive texts now.

That sounds like it could be the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement